Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1232 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 09:29pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Sony Vaio screen 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Allan Kostyk Aug 06, 2009, 11:51am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Sony Vaio screen

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Allan Kostyk Aug 06, 2009, 11:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I replaced my display with a one bulb glossy display and replaced inverter and it works fine, for me it was not the inverter but one of the two bulb was bad but many months later my Vaio is working great.

Vicky Here Aug 07, 2009, 03:16am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I don't think that it is problem of inverter, bulb or such thing because it is bright and clear when works. There may be something with video card and graphics driver..Don't know how to solve??

sajid ali Oct 04, 2009, 06:40am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>>  Sony Vaio screen
hi
A red line comes on screen on my sony vaio notebook at start up.Red line appears vertically and then whole screen becomes red. After one or two minutes it automatically disappears.If my notebook is warm up and i restart it then it does not appear.it starts normally...

Can anyone help to to get rid of this problem.
my computer model is VGN-FZ21E

Ronald Franco Nov 27, 2009, 12:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My problem is similar, but slightly different than these. My screen on my Sony TXN15p works fine when plugged into external power. When using battery (and I've tried different batteries) power it works for 5-30 minutes then the backlight goes out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

arvis gilmore Jan 10, 2010, 10:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Try pressing fn +f5 key

Nicolau Iucif Aug 30, 2010, 10:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I have a vaio VPCEB11FM.
My screen is freezing. Whenever I'm using. I don't know what's going on...
Everything continue ok... like.. if I'm typing something.. it keeps going.. if I'm watching a video the audio keeps going but the screen gets frozen.. I've sent to an authorized assistence and they said that may be the flat cable, but they don't know for sure. Can anyone help me please??
I'd greatful if someone send info about this problem and how to solve.
my email is nicolau.iucif@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!!!

Niranth Amogh Dec 26, 2010, 09:44am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I am facing the exact problem you have described for VGN-SZ483N. At a particular inclination, I am able to faintly see the screen. When I connect the external monitor, I am able to get my desktop on to it.

Did you get a solution to it? Please let me know.

Jose Dias Apr 19, 2011, 02:19am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I own a Vaio VPCS111FM and tonight withouth any warning, the colors started to melt and then i only see a lot of color traces al over the screen...
The first test i did was to plug to an external monitor, and it works fine, but no more screen on the laptop...
After reading all the great info on this forum i did learn a lot, but i have to ask you: Do you think it is the same issue? Do you point to a change of the screen?
I also tryied to find a repair manual to it and no sucess...
Maybe i use it as it is with external screen and later on i try to repair it in Portugal, because here is too expensive to do it...

Thanks for your great info

Jose Dias Apr 19, 2011, 02:16pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Here is a picture of what looks like my laptop screen:
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/dscf3142.jpg/
What do you think about it?

Laptop Willie Apr 19, 2011, 02:34pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Jose Dias said:
Here is a picture of what looks like my laptop screen:
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/dscf3142.jpg/
What do you think about it?

It would appear that you have a loose or broken LCD cable.

Laptop Willie
check out laptopwillie.com
Jose Dias Apr 19, 2011, 10:46pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
How can i be sure if it isnt the lcd?
Is there any test i can do to be sure before buy any thing?
Thanks

zhardo del mar Apr 20, 2011, 11:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i am having problem with my sony vaio vgn-cs26m my screen keeps on blinking i don't know what went wrong.. it just keep on blinking can any body please help me with my problem.. please send me an email at pobre012078@yahoo.com

david chew Jul 10, 2011, 03:47am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Pls forward me the pictures, thanks in advance!

Tony Keith Apr 06, 2012, 01:59pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 06, 2012, 02:00pm EDT

I have a SONY VAIO LAPTOP - MODAL# VGN-NW240F and ttied to download Skype and the laptop shut down on me and ever since that, when I try to state the Laptop it shows the VAIO Screen and Reboots continuously, I can hit F2 to get into the BIOS and hit F10 and Restore to Factory New, However it seems to jump from 75% to 100% very fast and restarts back into the VAIO Screen that reboots... No other F-Keys will work, so I can not get into Safe Mode or anything.. I re-seeded the HHD and Memory and ran the Laptop's HHD Diagnostic program and showed that everything was fine!

I called Sony Support and of course they want me to send it in for $130 to give me a price quote, Anyone have any idea's?

Please email me webtech@atkcomputers.com

Glory Aigbekaen Apr 13, 2012, 03:20am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My vaio vgn-cs16G has an annoying problem with its LCD, the screen has a way of showing this red pixel thingy all over the screen most times when I'm working with it, seeing a video, or doing any random stuff. Its temporary though, but I need it fixed. Tried connecting it to an ext LCD and it works perfectly, even though I can still see the red pixel stuff on my own laptop screen. Any ideas how to fix this? Someone pls come to my aid!

Glory Aigbekaen Apr 13, 2012, 03:31am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Pls any body with help or info on how to get my sonyvaio vgn-cs16g's LCD up and running again... Some annoying red pixels frequently come on, covering the whole screen at times then, the screen goes back to normal. After some time, It repeats it self and does that on and on. Its becoming unbearable. Tried an ext lcd and it works perfectly, even when d pixels are still showing on my laptop screen. Someone tells me its d flex, bt I'm finfing it hard to believe that as the screen does not show the slightest flickering when I open and shut the lid. Help someone, anyone.

C Mc Apr 13, 2012, 07:49am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have not seen a situation like that and w/o seeing the screen (pictures?) it's hard to tell what exactly the problem is. I suppose that I would try to run diagnostics on the graphics card and look for a replacement. The other possibility is that there may be a loose connection from the graphics card to the screen and it's causing your screen to have such red pixel problems. Opening up your computer can be tedious but it can be done. Search online for the method to open it and try focusing on the graphics card and connections. The last suggestion may be to back up your data and do an OS re-installation. OS files do get corrupted sometimes with patches or even malware.

Glory Aigbekaen Apr 13, 2012, 08:07am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've tried reloading an os... The thingy has reduced but it still happens... The pictures show actually, bt it looks like the screen is bleeding, with all the red pixel stuff...but its a temporary thingy.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.