Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1374 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 21 - 06:18am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Call of Duty problems 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, Next >>
Austin Sorrell Jan 18, 2004, 11:56am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Call of Duty problems
Rusty,

You know, I was thinking the same thing, I am all out of options, haha, it has to be some sort of VIA chipset conflict and not really the Video card. I remember having a similar problem with Unreal Tournament 2 or 3 years back when running it on my VIA based system.

If I could find an NForce mobo that will accept my 9800, I'd be all over it like fly on stink. ^^

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Daniel Jones Jan 18, 2004, 12:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hmm !
Have had the same problems as you guys. Tried the lowest settings possible - but still it crashed; Have installed the latest drivers for my sound card - and now it works brilliantly - it works as smooth as a baby's arse at the highest possible settings - bliss !! hope it works for some of you too.

Hope this helps.

A7N8X-VM M/B
GeForce Chipset
nForce2 with Realtek Sound

Dan

Evan B Jan 18, 2004, 01:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok guys... this is the last time im going to say this to anyone. The crashes in call of duty are caused by ATI drivers 3.8 and 3.9 with the newer 9xxx series cards. So if you got a new mobo and a 9600 then the 9600 is causing the problems. This can be fixed easily by updating to 3.10 drivers. If you guys just followed what any game readme/troubleshooter says it states to download the lastest vid card/ sound card / mobo drivers.

Just do some research geez......

Peace
Ev

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2112 Ghz (192/11)
Asus A7v8x-x BIOS Ver. 1007
512 mb Pc2700 DDR @ 384 Mhz (2x256)
Sapphire Radeon 9500 128mb @ (345/580) w/ Iceberg 4 Cooling
L & C 400 Watt Atx Psu

casey blitx Jan 19, 2004, 05:22am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> The Email I sent to Activision (well Said For Most of Us)
Call of Duty seems to be the best game of its kind since Medal of Honor, but the frusteration due to errors of all sorts is driving me to totally hate the game itself. It has not yet been worth my $50 and hours of a.) trying to get it to install correctly and (b.) getting it to play 20 minutes without crashing .
I have better than the minium requirements (2.6 ghz Pentium 4 CPU, 764 mb DDR ram, 52x CD-ROM, Nvidia Geforce 200/400 MX (32 mb)) but I have yet to have had the game run correctly. These problems have been well spread to the majority of players for 2 and 1/2 months now.
I am sorry to say that I will not wait for a patch and that I will be returning the game to its vender. It is sad that you cared so much for the profit and release day that you did not want to try extensive beta testing progression to release the great quality game that we gamers have waited for for almost 2 years now.
Activision has proved to me that they sold the most expensive game I've ever bought and the cost was for poor quality workmanship. How in the hell could you even push a product on the shelf knowing what all was wrong with it? Atleast Valve didnt push HALF-LIFE 2 on the shelf as an unfinished product even though they are FAR BEHIND ON THEIR RELEASE DATE!!!!!

P.S. the reason I emailed you is because out of every f**king thing else, your support site says https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/end...td_alp.php
Internal Server Error:
Server: websc09
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the site's support team and inform them of the time of the error and what operation
you were performing when the error occurred.

Thank you for your patience.

casey blitx Jan 19, 2004, 05:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Activisions problems lol
Activision is so f**ked up they cant even get their support site running right lol ha ha ha ha ha

see for yourself:

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/end...td_alp.php

casey blitx Jan 19, 2004, 05:31am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: And this after crafting that email lol
I get a reply email a few minutes later that says this:

Subject: Undeliverable: Call of Duty Review
Date: 1/19/2004 4:20:37 AM Central Standard Time

Your message

To: info@activision.com
Subject: Call of Duty Review
Sent: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:20:14 -0800

did not reach the following recipient(s):

INFO@ACTIVISION.COM on Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:19:44 -0800
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=
;p=activision;l=AVSMCPMX020401191019C97CM8V7
MSEXCH:IMS:Activision:EXCHANGE:AVSMCPMX02 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

lol

James Prescott Jan 19, 2004, 09:56am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Athlon 3200xp (running at 2350)
512 ddr (3200)
Mator 160 gig Sata-150, 8 meg buffer
creative geforce fx5900 ultra 256 ram

Ive noticed that alot of you are saying its not graphics card related but i have read, many people are having trouble with ATI cards and not nvidia, i did have an ATI 9000 pro 128 about a month ago and the game ran very well for such an old card and other older cards like the 8500 hasnt had problems so it must be the ATI 9500 + cards and drivers conflict with CoD and other games.

Since my new grforce was installed (a week ago) ive completed the game (again) and it never crashed or paused once, the only thing i can advise you to do is dump the ATI and move to Nvidia (or get a cheaper ATI 8500/9000/9200) because they seem to work fine, or just wait and wait and wait for ATI drivers.....

1 Jan 19, 2004, 12:23pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
just built new system:
ic7max3/3.2c/1 gig hyperxpc4000/9800pro AIW/ antec true control 550

I though since this card requires an unbelievable amount of drivers that surely this game would tel me if everything was okay or not.....I have no patience for the style of gameplay (quickfix guy here) but I let a friend Play it all night and it never gave a glitch. Dnt forget that ati cards require a clean agp driver registry, good psu, and good airflow in the case....I had a guy from here that nearly took his card back untill he saw my offer to help anyone near me (i LOVE troubleshooting). When I checked his registry he had previous installs of nvidia drivers (3 of them to be exact), then he had a dead psu as it was unable to unlatch the load when he shuts down, and an unbelievable mess of cables stopping any airflow, unmatched ram, no thermal adheasvie at all between the cpu and hsf, both onboard sound and live 5.1 card enabled, and no updates installed on xp. After an unbelievable amount of work he can now play it all:-)
This may not aply to most of us but alot of kids dont seem to realize that its not as easy as simply putting the hardware in the case.....he blamed ati because his old nvidia still worked fine...but thats because it was trying to load the nvidia drivers everytime it booted:-)
This showed me that even though some of us view these things as obvious screw ups their are still some of us that are new or have never been taught to do the obvious stuff. Not knowing ones experience level makes it really hard to troubleshoot anything because the experienced guys will be offended when you recommend something obvious.

yab yab Jan 21, 2004, 01:23pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
did any of u overclocked his motherboard... if any one do plz tell

baurjan khussainov Jan 25, 2004, 05:31am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yah I have had the same problems I have ATI 9600 XT, and the COD keeps crashing on me all the time, well before I had an fx5600, so now I am wondering wheather I shoud get the fx5700 ultra over my 9600 xt. please tell me guys which one is better. Also what shoud I do about the bloody COD? How do i get my refund i havent boiught that long ago, and i hope the store will still take it back. Well thanks

Nigel Yates Jan 25, 2004, 10:50am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've had this problem for sometime and found the only solution was to set AGP to x4 in smartgart. After that everything plays fine.

baurjan khussainov Jan 25, 2004, 08:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
NO it didnt help me, should i just get the fx5700 ultra?

Michael A. Jan 26, 2004, 01:32am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I didn't really read anything but I kind-of did just skim through all this. Activision has realsed a patch for COD to correct problems specifically with ATI cards. I'm not sure if someone said that already but I though I would mention it.

Michael A.
Michael A. Jan 26, 2004, 01:41am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Let me just try to draw attention to it one more time. These problems are with ATI. Not COD. I ran through the game perfectly with and NVIDIA card and if you read these pages it seems like everyones problem is with ATI cards. GET THE PATCH FOR THE ATI CARDS!!! At least try it and see if it fixes the problem.

Lots of sites have the patch. Here is a hyperlink to the patch on IGN.
For XP/2000: http://downloads.ign.com/objects/621/621326.html
For ME/98: http://downloads.ign.com/objects/621/621327.html

Try it and play COD to it's fullest.

Michael A.
Michael A. Jan 26, 2004, 01:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
One last time you all. Read the above two messages! Just trying to help. My friend had the same trouble with his Radeon 9600 but this patch fixed it.

Michael A.
Dioko F. Jan 31, 2004, 11:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
You say that this problem is only with ATI; and how if I tell you that I have this constantly crash to the deskotp using a Nvidia GeForce 2 MX-400 (64 Mb)????? Is there anyone who has this problem too with a Nvidia card, like mine????? Continue the research on solving this problem but focus in Nvidia card problem too, not only ATI, ok?

scooter Jan 31, 2004, 11:35am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
michael hill stfu.

you're just posting links to videocard drivers; that's all. and old one's at that.

the "patch" was for the CAT3.9 drivers. they have since released CAT3.10 and CAT4.1. so stfu already. you don't know what you're talking about.

1 Jan 31, 2004, 11:36am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
bump for micheal.....once again patch is out:-)

scooter Jan 31, 2004, 12:14pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
you're an idiot as well, matt

Michael A. Jan 31, 2004, 09:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah I had some problems with COD on my old MX440 but they went away when I upgraded my drivers. (By the way scooter, I think that a member with two posts should just shut the hell up and try to let people help out without bneing an ass about it.)

Michael A.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.