Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1224 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 08:36pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Join the HA Genome Team 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Sander Sassen Jul 10, 2001, 05:05pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> [No Subject]
Hmmm, nice :_)

Sander Sassen

CEO, Hardware Analysis
Email: ssassen@hardwareanalysis.com
Visit us at: http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

Sander Sassen
Editor in Chief - Hardware Analysis
ssassen@hardwareanalysis.com
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Dan Mepham Jul 10, 2001, 07:11pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> [No Subject]
Brandon,

Cool - thanks! I didn't know about that page...neat! Top 100, here we come!! Although I think we have a ways to go before we catch Team Helix. ;-)

Dan Mepham

Editor in Chief, Hardware Analysis
Email : dmepham@hardwareanalysis.com
Visit us at : http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

Dan Mepham
Dan Mepham Jul 10, 2001, 08:28pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> [No Subject]
By the way, if you scroll down that stats page, you can see that the HA team is generating more units per week than 90-95+% of the teams out there. And that's just with the eleven of us. :-)

Come on folks, lets kick it into high gear! I'm going to fire up two more systems myself (but that's all, it's already about 35C in here, and sounds like a wind tunnel..) - Dave...what happened to installing them on all the puters at the office? :-)

Dan Mepham

Editor in Chief, Hardware Analysis
Email : dmepham@hardwareanalysis.com
Visit us at : http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

Dan Mepham
NickName Jul 12, 2001, 01:11am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> LOL.
Thats way too many damn computers Dan. If it sounds like a wind tunnel you have to many of them systems up. That is so cheap. HEHE. You got like 10 computers on same account, and others are running a single system on an account.. LOL... I should get my friend to install this at his work.

Do you think the program would run on a Web-Server in the background?

He works at a hosting company, and he looks over the servers for them. I should ask him to insall this program on all of the servers... It would beat you in a heart beat Dan. LOL.

DaveO Jul 12, 2001, 04:18am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> I did Dan
I did get it working on the machines at work, 5 Duron 750s and....er....some 'other' thing in the corner, but I can only really get away with doing it at weekends as the client causes them to error when shutting down, and half of them are used by developers who tend to need to restart every 5-6 minutes for various reasons (including incompetence of course ;)). I've tried changing the settings for EM so as it closes the client before shutdown and things like that, but it didn't seem to help - any ideas?

I'll get them all back on-line this weeked again, although it didn't have quite the effect I was hoping for (which is to say I didn't rocket to No1 ;)). I need to talk the boss into getting some new systems.

--------------------------------------
What does this button do?
Rowebote Jul 21, 2001, 09:51am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Almost to 100
We are almost in the top 100. Last I checked we were hovering around 108. I just loaded Genomeathome on my laptop. not the fastest thing but every little bit will help. I have a couple of friends that I am helping build systems and I told them that once they get them finished that a good way to stress test thier cpu's is to run Genome@home. Of course I told them to join our team. Hopefully they will join up since we need more members.

Jas101 Aug 06, 2001, 04:03am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Genes.
I'm a bit dissapointed that there aren't any funky graphics like with SETI.
This would be a lot more fun if we could see what was happening.

And another thing>

Why are we spending all this time to design genes?

Are we trying to stop them from going all fuzzy at the ends?
Or maybe a zip that doesn't hurt your rude bits if you wear them sans underwear?
If you ask me, Levi's has already got the market stitched up. We're wasting our time here. No good will come of this...............

Peace & Love,

Jas

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.