Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1852 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 16 - 01:21am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Lance Lowery Jun 12, 2004, 10:53pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
This error is really frustrating....Im pretty sure that the Minidump error i get is from my memory. Because im a everquest junkie i needed to get more than a stick of 256MB DDR333 mem because i was having to get into my virtual memory. I then purchased a second stick of 256 DDR333 and decided i needed a third too.The third stick of 256 DDR333 I noticed had one less black rectangle on it but it said it was the same type (PC2700 256mb DDR33) so i plugged it in anyways. When i tried to burn a cd on my previously working CD burner it shut down my computer and this must be when i started getting the error. It would reboot my computer and give me the Microsoft Fatel Message and said it was because of my CD rewriter. I tried to remove Nero from my add/remove program list but it said a fatel error was created and wouldnt let me complete the removal. So i brought my computer to a friend of mine who is good with computers and he managed to get Nero off. This didnt seem to help and i still got the error and more randomly and quicker. I have brought my computer in to the store about 5-6 times. They replaced my Power Supply, HD, my side panel fan, video card fan, and reformatted windows under their warranty but im still having the error. Its weird because sometimes i can stay on way longer and then other days i will get restarted within 5 minutes. A couple of days ago i took out the stick of memory with the missing black box i mentioned and ive been able to play Everquest succesfully for around 3 hours at the most without restarting. Im going to try and get a stick of 512mb Kingston memory and i will post back and say if it worked.

And i have been on my computer for about 5 hours just searching the internet and thats how i found this string of posts.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Damian Hoffield Jun 13, 2004, 01:18am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
If I may....I haven't been here in quite some time. But, I have been keeping up with the thread. It's been almost 3 months and not even a hint of the problem showing up.
My system:
Asus p4p800deluxe
P4 2.4c Thermaltake Spark 7+ CPU cooler
1Gb(2 - 512 in A0 & A1 of Samsung with copper heat spreader)
ATI 9700
Creative Audigy Platinum w/Live Drive
2 - cd roms(incl. burner)
120Gb SATA Maxtor
60Gb ATA133 Maxtor
550W PS

...runs like the badass it is...lol AND..........it would seem that, be it heat or just inability, the ram is the main culprit. If everyone out there (thats comfotable doing this) would relax the latency settings for ram in the bios (if its an option) this thread might see its last posting!

Squirrel Daddy Jun 20, 2004, 11:46am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
is there a *good* tutorial (for all those who dont know anything about ram latency settings) on the web for all those following this to read?

brad.

Leelyn Pritchard Aug 11, 2004, 06:48pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have looked everywere on the web and haven't found anything except for here. I am getting the Minidump error also. But a different file name....
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF87C223 BCP3 : EE8DE508
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081104-01.dmp

I have a 10,000RPM Raid 120GB
DDR2 400/800 ram
Amd Xp 3200+
Geforce Fx 5700
Windows XP SP1

This error comes along when I play games such as Need For Speed Underground and GTA:VC. I can play them for about 10-20 minutes then It restarts my machine. When it restarts it say Windows has recovered from a serious error.

Please help ASAP

Adam Downey Aug 18, 2004, 03:22pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
EZ,

I havn't solved this problem yet but think I've narrowed it down to the system speed settings.

I originally had a AMD "2600+" which run absolutely fine. Now I have a "3000+" which is rebooting as soon as windows starts nearly every time; This is with the CPU running at the correct speed and showing as a "3000+". I have flicked the switch on my GigaByte 7vn400 pro board to decrease the CPU speed from what it should be to now show up as "AMD Athlon 1.29Ghz". This is now working fine but is obviously too slow.

What does this mean?

Adam King Aug 19, 2004, 06:50pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have solved this problem. It's not your cpu overheating. It's your memory. If you purchased memory with a heatsink check to make sure it is installed correctly...lol mine was totally installed wrong...I put the clamps in wrong spots...This caused the memory to have a horrible connection to the heatsink causing it to overheat..Overheating memory can cause ur computer to crash during a game,or can cause the game to crash. To fix this problem Make sure the heatsink on the memory chip is installed correctly. Also try to spread out your memory,leaving room for air flow. If none of this works try opening your computers panel and putting a box fan next to it. Problem solved.

I'm just a 14 year old kid that loves to help!!

D C Aug 24, 2004, 01:06pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I, like many others have suffered from this annoying and persistent problem. However just wanted to share my solution similar to the observant 14yr olds idea. I had also purchased a ram heatsink, the one with clips on both sides and after the installation my computer would go thru the error message routine. I didn't think it could be from putting the heatsinks on ram, so I tried everything else that was posted in here and still received the error. I would touch the heatsink while the computer was loading and I always get an error. So I removed the heatsinks and no more problems with an error message!

d m Aug 27, 2004, 06:35pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
minidump - your machine is core dumping because you RAM is not compatible check you RAM speed/type ... etc

Adam King Aug 27, 2004, 07:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Removing the heatsink is a bad i dea you probally burnt out the memory... That is why you dont get the error anymore.The memory can overheat and cause even more problems.Check if the memory is compatible with your comp.

P.S Does anyone have a good free adware program? ive tried spybot S&D,aol spyware,and adware personal... i cnt seem to get rid of pop ups... the popups occur ehen internet explorer isnt open. please if you find a good free site for this please post a link thx.

d m Aug 27, 2004, 07:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
download hijackthis

Alex Knappp Sep 12, 2004, 11:13pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I found out why I was getting this very annoying error. It was all on account of a crap sound driver that came stock with my motherboard. I updated it and now I can play battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod with no minidump restart. Thank god! That was the most annoying error of all time.

Alex Knappp Sep 12, 2004, 11:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
A thought:

There is no one reason why this error happens. RAM, drivers, hardware, software, all can be the culprits. I wish you all luck in your attempt to battle this stupid error.

Jimmy Joe Sep 24, 2004, 11:21am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
A friend of mine was recently having this problem with his brand new computer - an Athlon 2600, Gigabyte Radeon 9600XT, 512mb generic RAM, Gigabyte 7S748 MB, WinXP Pro etc. I basically threw everything I had at it, and now the problem appears to be gone - it'll run games and apps as many times as you want and for as long as you want, even after multiple restarts and shutdowns, with no error messages. Here's the highlights of what I did...
- An Ad-aware-ing
- The Ace Utilities wizard
- Disabled all unnecessary background tasks
- Installed Service Pack 1a
- Installed DirectX 9.0c
- Installed all the security updates and stuff on Windows Update
- Saw that the USB2 driver was having a problem, so allowed it to download the driver from Windows Update
- Installed the latest drivers for the motherboard and graphics card (I used the generic ATI drivers there)
- Installed the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Did some virus killing using two online scanners - Trend Housecall and Panda Activescan. Found a ton of Parite viruses and cleaned them up.

And that did it. I'm pretty certain it was the virus killing that fixed it, although I suspect the MS .NET Framework helped too.

Hope this helps.

Herman Snerd Nov 10, 2004, 02:00pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I am having some of the same issues you all are.

My new system consists of:
ASUS K8V mobo
samsung 512mb pc3200 ddr 400 1 stick
amd 64 3200 2.2 chip
WD 120 gb hd
Nvidia 6800 OC

I can play all my games with no issues except for Ravenshield. That is the only game that gives me this error. Everything is fine while I play, but as soon as I hit exit the game it reboots my comp. I can play the taxing Doom 3 demo fine with no errors.

All my drivers are up to date and I keep my comp virus/spyware free.

From what I see most people are having RAM probs, that could be my issue too. I'll let you all know what i find out.

Adam Downey Nov 11, 2004, 11:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Mine does this while the FSB is set to the correct speed of 166Mhz. It works fine at 100Mhz so I kept it there and upped the multiplier. My AMD 3000+ appears on boot as a 2800+ but I think it worked out about the same resulting processor speed. Does this effect performance as the FSB is less or is it just the resulting speed that counts?

L8Rz

Damian Hoffield Nov 13, 2004, 11:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
If your having a Minidump issue....STOP OVERCLOCKING OF ANY KIND! troubleshooting 101...You are running your machine out of spec! First put it back to Spec....THEN the troublshooting begins....that is unless just doing that fixes it.
In answer to your original question!!!
YES.....Your front side bus is a parameter that your whole system uses.....The multiplier is only changing the Prosessor. Your problem seems fixed because by lowering the FSB you effectively UNDERclocked your RAM.
If your motherboard will support some of the following you should:
1. Always lock your AGP and PCI to 66Mhz and 33Mhz respectively.(BIOS)
2. Check your RAM timings!!! If your not sure about this you should leave it set to "auto" or "by spd"(BIOS)
3. P4 users should try turning off hyperthreading for a quick fix.(kinda sucks though, eh?)(BIOS)

I agree that the minidump issue could be caused by a few things...but....most of them seem to come around to RAM.

jo alton narca Nov 23, 2004, 05:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
system:
intel pentium 4 3.0/EGHz (HT-800MHz)
intel D865 PERL
256MB PC-400 DDR
Asus ATI Radeon 7000 SE 64MB
Seagate 80GB

this system was newly bought! after few minutes of playing my favorite games, it
suddenly restart displaying the error report below;

Error signature

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini112304-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\JOALTO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER15.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

after restarting, the processor temp. is 58C

I've already opened the side panel, positioned a desk fan in front of it to somehow
reduced the temp. inside the case and on the processor and the video card but
still I experience the same problem...

is it possible that the motherboard or perhaps the processor is defective which causes
these malfunctions?
what should be the ideal temp. of the processor?

Squirrel Daddy Nov 23, 2004, 06:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
58 Is to hot for an Intel.
yer also a bit short on memory.
what game were you playing?

jo alton narca Nov 23, 2004, 09:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
my system generally exceeds the minimum system requirements of the games I installed.

they are:
Rise of Nations
Singles: Flirt up your Life
Need for Speed Underground 2

i've asked a technician to take a look at my PC, and one of his diagnosis is that, either my motherboard or processor is defective (factory defects).

I kinda doubtful of his credibility as a licensed technician. Though my PC is still under warranty. ^_^

What's the best thing I can do then?

Squirrel Daddy Nov 23, 2004, 09:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well if you opened the side panel, i think that voids the warranty.
try turning off the hyperthreading function on the CPU and see how it performs.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.