Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1135 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 05:07pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
jo alton narca Nov 24, 2004, 12:52am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
i bought each part separately. although the motherboard and the processor was bought at the same store. but i want to be sure if there is really a problem in my motherboard or in the processor. can u suggest how will i do it so?

i have also observed that when i turned on my AVR the CPU fan and a green indicator in the board would function even though i havent pressed the power switch in the casing.

is this an evidence that my mother board is defective?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Squirrel Daddy Nov 24, 2004, 09:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok if i read this right, your CPU fan is on even thought your PC is not on. that tells me Mobo is prob bad.

Bulent Partal Dec 02, 2004, 12:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
http://www.informationsarchiv.net/foren/beitrag-2340.html
first need to turn off the system restore
than delete the folder windows/minidump

Says the page above.. Thats in german. I found this page while searching a solution for the same problem.
I have Sony Vaio Notebook. 2 weeks old :) And have the same problem.
I hope that would be right solution.

Chrz

jo alton narca Dec 03, 2004, 06:35pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Squirrel Daddy Dec 03, 2004, 06:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
for an AMD, thats about rite. they should run about 55 C +/- 5 C or lower.
so if your room is hot and yer running it, under 60 is good. if the room is cool and yer running it, 55 or under is optimal. im running at 49 rite now and my other pC is at about 51.
so you mite want to add a fan if u wish. no big hurry thou.

marge baggins Dec 03, 2004, 09:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi everybody:
i was having that problem and i did the following and saint remedy!!!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255205/EN-US/

hope to help you as i!

Adam King Dec 08, 2004, 09:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
HEllo,please help. My computer reboots itself only when i play a game.This doesn't happen on every game,but only the one's that use the cpu and memory alot.Idont know why its doing this. I know its not a temperature issue. i have 640ram,2.66gig processer,pentium4,20 gig harddrive. What is going on!?When i am playing a game i often look at the task manager. I go into the preformange tab and look at the physicle memory. i have a total physicle memory of 654880. When i play a game the Physicle memory AVALIABLE goes to about 2000...The lowest its been was to 540. I am forever running my comp with the side panel off. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Shane S Dec 12, 2004, 03:39am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well ok folks..........after much searching I fixed this issue for myself..........First off Id like to know if any or most of you guys are running Nortons System Works.......If so DELETE IT...............there a file in there i forgot the name that Ive read is a issue ......Ill try and search more for that...........only bad thing is i tried a few things together.........so Im not 100% what exactly it was but here is what else I did........Please try this before you run out and get new Memory , Fan or PSU.............Id say its NOT hardware MOST of the time......you can double check this theroy if you boot up in SAFE mode and you dont get the same error msg.....if you dont its a SYSTEM issue..........that happens once you boot into Windows and all the programs and files load...........in SAFE mode they dont........

. Resize the Swap File
When a serious error occurs, by default the system dumps the system state to the swap file for later retrieval. However, it is possible that the swap file is not properly cleaned up and the system thinks that it is rebooting from a crash. To resolve this, you will need to resize the swap file:

1. Click the Start button.
2. Right click the My Computer menu option, and then click Properties on the context menu that appears.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button in the Performance section. The Performance Options window appears.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Change button in the Virtual Memory section. The Virtual memory window appears.
5. Click Custom Size, and then record the Initial Size and Maximum Size.
6. Set the Initial Size and Maximum Size to the same value as the amount of RAM that is installed in the system.
7. Click Set and then click OK. The system will advise you to restart the computer.
8. Click OK.
9. Click OK at the Performance Options window. The system prompts you to restart the computer.
10. Click Yes.

After the system has restarted, repeat the above steps to restore the original Initial Size and Maximum Size values for your swap file.

II. Delete the Minidump Files and the Sysdata.xml File

When a serious error occurs, by default the system writes out a miniature memory dump along with an XML description of the system status (which notes the program at fault and other pertinent system data) that can be uploaded to Microsoft. If this data is not correctly closed out, the system may present a Serious Error screen upon boot. To resolve this problem, perform
the following steps:

2. Right click the My Computer icon, and then click Explore on the context menu that appears.
3. Browse to the c:\Windows\Minidump directory.
4. Delete everything located in this directory.

NOTE : You will need to be able to view hidden and system files and the system should not be hiding protected operating system files.

5. Browse to the c:\Documents and Settings folder.
6. Search for the following file: sysdata.xml file.
7. Delete all instances (you may find more than one) of this file.
8. Click the Start button, click Turn off the computer, and then click Restart.

III. Disable the Automatically Restart setting

This attacks the same class of Serious Errors that resizing the swap file fixes, but it tries to ensure that the errors do not happen beforehand.
However, this does not help to rid the persistent Serious Error message after the fact.

2. Right click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties on the context menu that appears.
3. Click the Advanced tab and then click the Settings button in the Start-up and Recovery section.
4. Click to remove the check next to Automatically Restart checkbox and then click OK.
5. Click OK. The system will no longer automatically restart after a Serious Error message appears.

IV. Disable Memory Dumps\

This option totally disables memory dumps altogether, which may help fix some persistent Serious Error messages. To disable memory dumps, perform the following steps:

1. Click the Start button
2. Right click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties on the context menu that appears.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button in the Start-up and Recovery section.
4. In the Write debugging information tab, click to select (none) and then click OK.
5. Click OK.

Finally make sure you DELETE everything out of your TEMP folder...make sure you have your settings able to see system and hidden folders!!!!!

The system Im working on is 100% ok...........I would do the Norton thing first..........then maybe the others.......PLEASE keep me informed or email me if I can help out anymore!!!!!

Shane S Dec 12, 2004, 03:55am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
http://computercops.biz/postt81876.html

As I promised some info IF you went the Nortons route.............Keep me posted.....

axar patel Dec 14, 2004, 08:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the same problem i am runnig
windows xp
p4 3.4ghz HT
1gb ram
256mb XFX video card
and i have 6 fans including the psu fan and hte 3 case fan a proceccer fan
help me

BCCode : 7f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini121304-05.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\0o0\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

i dont know if its over heating but help

axar

Jay Stevenson Dec 17, 2004, 07:27am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Also I had a problem with the "minidump" error message, and solved it with a procedure similar to the one described by Shane S. Good and simple instructions, BTW!

This is a very informative thread, and also I'd like to contribute a founding. I had a year-and-a-half old matsonic 8137C+ motherboard (AVI chipset) with 256 MB SDR memory. I wanted to upgrade to a faster memory so I bought Kingston 400MHz 512MB DDR stick.

The computer started freezing regularly - no matter the temperature or system load. Upon installing old SDR memory everything worked all right. Kingston supports lifetime guarantee, and while suspecting a memory fault, I got the stick replaced by the vendor. Having all the jumpers on the M/B set up for the DDRam, system once again froze a few minutes after start.

Apparently, there was a compatibility problem between the memory and the chipset. My new ASUS board supports Kingston memory as stated on their website. Memory is the key issue in most of these problems, whereas heating causes problems usually because of dust or overclocking. If one likes to integrate systems by himself, I would recommend Intel, Supermicro, Tyan or ASUS motherboards - to avoid possible compatibility issues. When purchasing M/B's or memory, cost savings will hurt you later!

With best regards
Jay from Finland

jo alton narca Dec 18, 2004, 11:53pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey shane!

i followed everything you've recommended in your post...
i've got rid of the error messages but still my system would restart playing the games i often play.
my system passed the minimum requirements of the game.

just one thing, when touched my video card. it was very hot. its an Asus ATI Radeon 7000 SE 64MB video card.

what do you think is wrong with my system?
can someone help me?

axar patel Dec 19, 2004, 09:11am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Dec 19, 2004, 09:58am EST

i have no problem while i am playing games... its just that it will restart it self after a while.... i tried to disable the restart but now it gives me.. BLUESCREEN saying that its a physical memory dump... i dont know what is going on,.. i assembled my compputer at home.. it has a very good taste for gamers..

3.4ghz HT INteL
1gb ram
256MB XFX nvadia graphic card
the system is total of $2600 just bought its been a week and a 1/2

asus mother board... it has total 4 case fans with 1 120mm and i dont knwo what is wrong and i have cpu fan toooo the cpu fan supppose to be good... but i dont now if its casue my cpu to overheat or somethign... should i put on more thermal jel or something i am not to good with hardware but it still assembeled the computer at home...it works fine when its turned on after oevernite but then after a while it will restart ( now gives me blue screen) what should i do take it to an expert to chek it out or you have any sollution.
should i get a new fan(cpu) and give this one back first of all i didnt had anyproblem paly games... NOT problem with games................. but regularly sometimes restarts.....

one more thing i jsut rememberd that this error stared appearing after i installed norotn antivirus..... i am not convince with that but could that be a problem...

one more thing its this fan for my CPU : http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...=Q131-1004

CASE: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...CatId=1520

RAM:http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...p;NoMapp=0

CPU: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...P4-34008PC

Video card: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...p;NoMapp=0

mohter board: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-detail...;CatId=182

this should help you..

thanxk
axar

jo alton narca Dec 19, 2004, 09:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey guys,

can someone tell me what are the possible root causes of a system that suddenly restarts on itself even by just leaving it unattended... will you enumerate them?

it would be really of great help to me... ^_^

axar patel Dec 20, 2004, 12:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
GUess WHAT.............................I formated my computer and then i instaleld win xp again and nwo the computer was running jsutu fine iwasj sut nwtowrking my compuer with my other computer and i went to eat pizza and when i came back... the FU**** computer was turned OFFFFFFFFF...................... i tried to turn ot on again it trunned of in a sec i unpluged the power and tur noff thewitch and chekd if anythingwas burned but natting was................. i tried to turn if on again................ and GUes wHAT HAPPEN??????????????????????????????? the computerturend on but natting on the screen.........................................WTF?????????????

now i called my motherboard company(Asus) and my CPU company (intel) and called my CPU Fan company i amgeitng all thoses**t TO BE RePLACED............... or proably reutn and get a build system ADVICE DONT f**kING TAKEA RISCK AND BUILD UR SYSTEM AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL COST UT BUCH OF SHTI MAN.. dont do it... buy a build one....... still have any ideas repaly soon...

thanx

Squirrel Daddy Dec 20, 2004, 02:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
In response to "axar patel" numerous rantings and his most recent one. Judging by the intelligence this individual might posess suggested by his numerous mispellings and run ons, someone with this limited brainpower would not be a good candidate to build a PC. Therefore anyone reading this thread may get the wrong idea.

Haveing built to many systems, these BSOD's are usually culprit to:
A. Bad/Old drivers
B. Incompatible hardware
C. Faulty hardware.

the minidump files are your clue to figuring out the problem. there are many threads at computing.net forums that deal with how to read these minidump files and deduce problems.

If these problems arise only due to some gaming issue and nothing else, the problems lies with the game talking to the hardware of your system. all you can do is update game and drivers. As to which driver it may be, again the minidump file will clue you in.

there has not been one case where I have not been able to fix the problem. Patience and being a good detective will fix your problems.

jo alton narca Dec 20, 2004, 09:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey mr. squirrel daddy,

can u provide some links for us newbies...
they will be of great help to us... i've been tracing the root cause of this problem and i'm deduced it to the problem of my video card.

i've got an Asus ATI Radeon 7000 SE 64MB but lately, even at fresh boot, my computer restarts even just a few minutes playing rise of nations unlike before it would take hours before it would restart.

also, i find it hard to figure out, why my system restarts on itself even its unattended, without processing something or its downloading something in the net.

what do you think is the problem for this?
would it still be on the video card?

Squirrel Daddy Dec 21, 2004, 12:37am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Jo alton narca,

based apon yer memory system config you gave earlier, with DDR 400 memory and 800 FSB on processors, your motherboards website has a known issue as stated after visiting the website.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865perl/index.htm

did you do the bios upgrade? make sure you know how to do this well before doing it. you can hose yer system real fast!

dumpcheck info can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314084/EN-US/

if im reading yer previous post on for your given error code, the 00000007f one, that type of info is here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-...fa.xml.asp

using windows debugging tools, more info can be found as such:
Cause
Bug check 0x7F usually occurs after the installation of faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or in the event that installed hardware fails.

A double fault can occur when the kernel stack overflows. This can happen if multiple drivers are attached to the same stack. For example, two file system filter drivers can be attached to the same stack and then the file system can recurse back in, overflowing the stack.

also, check your system log and see where there is a memory dump, then run over to http://www.eventid.net/
and run the info there to gather more info.

and in response to your thermal questions earlier, I responded with AMD info. Intels should run a bit cooler than AMD, so you want to be lower I would imagine. but i dont thinks thats the total problem.

do some things and report back. i have email notification on this thread so ill be watching it.

Kerrith King Dec 21, 2004, 03:55am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
How do I stop receiving email notifications to this thread. The link on the email takes me to the page that supposed to list the threads to which I have subscribed, but it's empty.

I've written twice to webmaster@hardwareanalysis.com but no replies.

Thanks,
Kerry

Squirrel Daddy Dec 21, 2004, 09:50am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
login, goto member control panel, subscribed topics, unsubscribe

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.