Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1015 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 07:36pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Damian Hoffield Jan 02, 2005, 02:13pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
Hey Squirrel Daddy,

It's amazing to me how many people new people seem to be showing up on this thread but apparently are NOT reading the PAST posts! I've quitely listened to you telling these folks again and again the same things that have been spoken many times before! You have the patience of a saint and I commend you. I would have told a few to p**s off and order a Dell, lol (axar patel) NOTICE!!!!! WITHIN THE 7 PAGES OF THIS FORUM IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS......TRY READING ALL THE RESPONSES FIRST BEFORE POSTING. THERE IS NO MAGICAL BUTTON. THERE IS ONLY INTELLEGENT TROUBLESHOOTING AND THIS FORUM HAS ALREADY DISCUSSED THE BEST POSSIBLE FIXES......READ! BTW.....Still no Minidump problem here.....after almost a year....same system! If you'd like to know how....READ!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Squirrel Daddy Jan 02, 2005, 04:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
thank you =-)

axar patel Jan 05, 2005, 03:59pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i READ THEN BUT THEY DONT HELP!!! I FINALY GOT MY RAM REPLACED AND ITS NOT RESTARTIUNG ANYMORe....

dave gardiner Jan 27, 2005, 06:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Minidump, well I have just had this problem on xp and with much trying to fix it I gave up and took to Novertech. yes they have fixed it and no more problems. Mine was the power unit, every time windows went to do something up it poped up "MINIDUMP" and crash it went into reboot.. Not any more I'm glad to say. hope this is of some use. from a beginner..

Squirrel Daddy Jan 27, 2005, 06:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
yes this does help, thank you. A PSU not beeing able to caugh up enuff power will cause a BSOD no doubt.
its always nice to get a nice big PSU, usually only a few more dollars.

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan Feb 01, 2005, 01:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 01, 2005, 01:40pm EST

>> BSOD and restart 10-30 min after switching on my cable modem
Hi
Similar or rather same problem but only when I switch on my cable modem !!!
I got my new CPU on Jan 20th 2005.
Got net connection restored on Jan 31st 2005.
For the last 11 days I've not faced any problems what-so-ever.
When I switch on the modem and start using the net, after about 20-30 min it crashes (BSOD), restarting (too fast for me to see the details of BSOD msg), on logging in back, I get the msg title "The system has recovered from a serious error" with details etc. I've copied the msg box with the data error report box too. I did give 'Send Error Report' twice.
But each time I switch on the modem, after 10-30 min the blue screen with various symbols appear and restarts immediately.
I've no idea whats going on.
Can it due to some electrical and not computer related ?
There are 2 plug points - one for UPS and one for the cable modem. The only device connected to the CPU and not connected to the UPS is the cable modem. I know this may not make sense but I've nothing much more to tell in this regard. I don't see how the internal parts of the CPU could be the cause of the problem when theres none when the modem is disconnected. BTW, the CPU is brand new.
Can you help me here ? What exactly should I be checking here ?
Thanks

I'm using WinXP Pro with SP2

Error Signature
===============
BCCode: 1000000a BCP1:000000E8 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000001
BCP4:80703A16 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

Error Report Contents
=====================
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc09e.dir00\Mini020105-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc09e.dir00\sysdata.xml\

PC Config:
As shown in My Computer > Properties
=====================================
Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
PIV 3GHz,2.99 GHz
248 MB RAM

As Shown in Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information - Not All though
===============================================================================================
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786C1 v01.05, 6/16/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 256.50 MB
Available Physical Memory 51.25 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 606.40 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan
HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
3.0 GHz P4-530
1 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB
256 MB DDR PC 3200 400MHz RAM
40GB HDD
Squirrel Daddy Feb 01, 2005, 05:09pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok lets enable you to see what is displayed on your screen.'
right click my computer > properties > Advanced tab > startup and recovery settings
UNcheck auto restart and below that select Full memory dump int he pull down menu. that will let you see the error. when it happens again, write down everything that page ses and then post that info here and keep that page handy.

then see if you can get it to BSOD again. after this compare that screen to the one you just wrote down on paper and let us know if it refers to the same file each time. You will know what i mean once you do this.

brad

Adam King Feb 01, 2005, 08:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 01, 2005, 08:30pm EST

OK LISTEN UP PEOPLE!! I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE MYSTERIOUS REBOOT! GO TO THIS SIGHT AND DOWNLOAD THE MEMORYCHECKER. MEMTEST86.COM.YOU WILL NEED A FLOPPY DISK. AFTER DOWNLOADING IT SAVE THE PROGRAM TO THE DISK. ONCE YOU INSTALL THE PROGRAM ON THE DISK WINDOWS WILLNOT BE ABLE TO READ IT. PUT THE DISK IN UR DRIVE AND REBOOT. LEAVE THE DISK IN THE DRIVE. NOW THE MEMTESTER SHOULD START BY ITSELF. THERE IS A SERIES OF 9 TESTS... TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF..IF U SEE RED ERROR LOGS COMING UP THIS IS THE REASON YOU COMPUTER REBOOTS ITSELF. YOU NEED NEW MEMORY. I USED THIS PROGRAM AND FOUND OUT I HAD A BAD STICK OF MEMORY. I REMOVED THE BAD MEMORY AND NOW MY COMPUTER RUNS LIKE A DREAM.. GOOD LUCK. POST IF THIS WORKS.

Adam King Feb 01, 2005, 08:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
OK LISTEN UP PEOPLE!! I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE MYSTERIOUS REBOOT! GO TO THIS SIGHT AND DOWNLOAD THE MEMORYCHECKER. MEMTEST86.COM.YOU WILL NEED A FLOPPY DISK. AFTER DOWNLOADING IT SAVE THE PROGRAM TO THE DISK. ONCE YOU INSTALL THE PROGRAM ON THE DISK WINDOWS WILLNOT BE ABLE TO READ IT. PUT THE DISK IN UR DRIVE AND REBOOT. LEAVE THE DISK IN THE DRIVE. NOW THE MEMTESTER SHOULD START BY ITSELF. THERE IS A SERIES OF 9 TESTS... TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF..IF U SEE RED ERROR LOGS COMING UP THIS IS THE REASON YOU COMPUTER REBOOTS ITSELF. YOU NEED NEW MEMORY. I USED THIS PROGRAM AND FOUND OUT I HAD A BAD STICK OF MEMORY. I REMOVED THE BAD MEMORY AND NOW MY COMPUTER RUNS LIKE A DREAM.. GOOD LUCK. POST IF THIS WORKS.

Squirrel Daddy Feb 01, 2005, 09:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
memtest is nothing new. it is effective the only prob is that the longer you let it run, the better then test. so all nite is a good run.

this would be something to do in the intermediate stages of trial and error.

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan Feb 03, 2005, 05:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
BSOD Msgs:
Most number of times :
====================================================
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP : 0x0000000A (0x....,0x....,0x....,0x....)

Twice:
MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

Technical Info :
STOP : 0x00000044 (0xFF8056D8,0x00000D62,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Once:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Info :
STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x0000002B,0x00000002,0xF922AB8F)
USBPORT.SYS - Address F922AB8F base at F9221000, DateStamp 41107d62

Im using a Cable modem connected to USB 2.0 which I thought would be far better than ethernet.
No I just removed it (since it crashing all the time) and connected ethernet to it and no BSOD till now. Perhaps XP SP2 is having some prob with Askey cable modem driver ?

HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
3.0 GHz P4-530
40GB HDD
axar patel Feb 03, 2005, 10:16am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i not to sure about that i mean if u have beta sp2 then u might have problem but if u have the non beta sp2 i think its fine ...it shouldn't have anykind of errors like that..

Squirrel Daddy Feb 03, 2005, 10:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok, the error that happens the most 0xA is found here.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-...bf.xml.asp

and the othere errors as well are located on the left hand side, just ignoring all the ZEROS, look at the last few non zero numbers to find your error.

Looks like it all points to either system memroy or device driver someplace.

head to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer. look at the system errors and find the event log where your BSOD occur.
head over to:
http://www.eventid.net/
and look up event ID and sources for more info.
also you might want to run memtest all nite some nite over the next week.
didy ou build this or buy this PC?
how big of a Power supply do you have?
also, google for "speedfan" install this and find your temps.
if BSOD's happen after 30 min, perhaps theres a thermal issue.
anyway, i gave you some good points to start looking, let us know.

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan Feb 03, 2005, 10:38am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Im using Win XP SP2 (not beta). I bought an HP-Compaq dc7100 PC and I called up the computer guy today and he switched from USB 2.0 wire to ethernet. Now I've has the net on for hrs and no BSOD. Computer guy says the driver for that modem may not have been signed by HP which is untested for SP2. Many programs have compatability issues with SP2 even though all h/w is perfect.
Thanks Squirrel Daddy for your help. It was DEFINITELY a useful resource for my future use.

HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
3.0 GHz P4-530
40GB HDD
Squirrel Daddy Feb 03, 2005, 01:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
glad I could help, I thought you sed you plugged in Ethernet and it still BSOD'd on u

snip
"Im using a Cable modem connected to USB 2.0 which I thought would be far better than ethernet.
No I just removed it (since it crashing all the time) and connected ethernet to it and no BSOD till now. Perhaps XP SP2 is having some prob with Askey cable modem driver ?'

oh well, yer fixed now.
glad I could help

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan Feb 03, 2005, 10:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks Squirrel. But now I want to know how do connect my old CPU to my new one if I need to use the ethernet to connect to modem ? I wanted to use USB to connect to my modem so that I can connect my old CPU to my new one.

HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
3.0 GHz P4-530
40GB HDD
Squirrel Daddy Feb 03, 2005, 10:31pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
you mean you want to network them so they can both get out to the internet, yes/no?

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan Feb 04, 2005, 03:02am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> USB 2.0 vs Ethernet
Both - LAN and Internet for both my PCs.
BTW I have 8 USB 2.0 ports and 1 Ethernet card. And I thought modem connectivity to USB will be fine but wasnt. I mailed Askey and they replied, confirming that there was a driver issue with USB 2.0 connectivity.

HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
3.0 GHz P4-530
40GB HDD
Squirrel Daddy Feb 04, 2005, 09:25am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
simple, get a router.
I have 3 PC's behind 1 router that is connect to a Cable modem.
I have LAN, Printing, and internet on all 3.
I have a linksys BEFSR41,
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=2...p;prid=561
there under 50$ for example,
http://www.z-buy.com/product.asp?item=ET-LI4PRS

or best buy/compusa has them for slightly more.

Tony V Mar 20, 2005, 05:07am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
So it's been more than a month since anyone's posted anything in regards to this minidump issue. Has it been resolved? I have two computers, both have the same mobo (ECS K7VTA3 ver. 6), same cpu manufacturer (AMD), same type of HD (western digital), same brand of video card (nVidia), same manufacturer of RAM (kensington), same PSU (Antek) but the only difference is that one is running windows ME and the other windows XP pro. The computer running windows xp pro is the one that restarts on its own after about an hour or so. Even when it's just sitting at desktop doing nothing. The computer running windows ME has been running for days and not a single problem. I bought a third motherboard off the internet (same as the previous 2) and installed it with the hardware from the windows xp computer, I thought the problem was the original motherboard. To my surprise and dismay, the computer still restarted, leading me to conclude that it was not the motherboard. I don't think its the memory, video card, or cpu since these have been working flawlessly in the past. I think it's windows xp. I don't have SP1 installed, and never did, so I don't think it's that either. I want to put hardware from the computer running windows ME into the XP computer, but with my luck, I might mess that one up. I don't have a solution for the problem, but I just thought that this info might be helpful.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.