Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1453 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 03:16pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
axar patel Mar 20, 2005, 11:51am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
hey yes i kinda noticed that too i mean i was using windows Xp pro and i was getting this error but then i thinkg its also cause of my faulti memory... now i am using xp SP2 and now problems..i think Xp and bad memory could be the solution.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Squirrel Daddy Mar 20, 2005, 02:11pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well, if your problem just starts ocurring out of the blue. Its usually due to some hardware beeing defective.
You say its the winxp pro machine.
perhaps your PS is going south or has fallen out of spec and therefore is causing these.
if you can swap out PS and confirm/eliminate that problem.
this is cheapest hting to trouble shoot,
then move upwards in cost per troubleshooting, usually like this:
PS
vid card (unless you have a real exp one)
memory/mobo (usually they both cost the same)
cpu

before doing any hardware swapping replacing.
examine the minidump errors generated by the winxp restarts and see if its a driver issue.
these issues are free to fix.

hope this helps.

Chris Amos Mar 20, 2005, 05:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 20, 2005, 05:57pm EST

Ok I have been having this same problem, but I have fixed my issue. After many forum searches and hundreds of dollars spent on new hardware it is fixed. It was so stupid and I am so mad at myself but who would have known.

First of all let me tell you what I did as far as troubleshooting: In windows xp if you turn off the autorestart after an error has occured (Rightclick on my computer go to properties and click the advanced tab, then click on settings for startup and recovery then uncheck automatically restart. apply these settings and continue). After I did this I would get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and it will tell you what has failed in a way. Well mine basically kept telling me my video card was bad.

To make a long storry short. I got really mad and tore my whole computer apart and rebuilt from scratch. The one thing that I did different was use a dedicated line from my PSU to my vid card using the rest of the lines from my PSU for whatever I needed them for. Viola it works again.

For some reason my video card and my harddrive dont like to share the same cable coming off the power supply, or the PSU doesnt like them sharing.

Here are my specs

Epox EP-8RDA3+ PRO Motherboard
Athlon XP 3000+ 400MHz FSB
Thermaltake Volcano 12
Leadtek 400 TDH GForce 6800 128Mb
1G Corsair Value Select RAM
Soundblaster Live Audigy 5.1
Samsung 80GB IDE HDD
525W PSU
Windows XP Home Edition
System runs at 35C Idle 42C on full load
This system is all home built

Gigabyte GA K8NS Ultra-939
AMD 64 3500+ Venice w/stock HSF
1GB PC3200 CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency
Leatek A400GT 6800GT 256MB
Samsung 160 GB SATA HDD
LG DVDRAM
SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD ROM
VAV VT-525LD 525W PSU
Thermaltake Skull Xaser III Mid tower
Squirrel Daddy Mar 20, 2005, 08:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
A vid card that takes a PS connector. I guess there out there somewhere. I never owned one that took a PS connector.
goes to show ya.
most of the time is usually
PS
CPU/MOBO/RAM compatibility
vid card issue

Chris Amos Mar 21, 2005, 02:51am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes the newer video cards now days takes a power connector to power it. The days of your motherboard powering your video card are over. :-)

Gigabyte GA K8NS Ultra-939
AMD 64 3500+ Venice w/stock HSF
1GB PC3200 CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency
Leatek A400GT 6800GT 256MB
Samsung 160 GB SATA HDD
LG DVDRAM
SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD ROM
VAV VT-525LD 525W PSU
Thermaltake Skull Xaser III Mid tower
Tony V Mar 21, 2005, 05:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok. I switched out the PSU from my winxp pro machine ( I had an extra one laying around), but I still got the same result. After a while the computer restarted as expected. The PS that was originally in there was a 350Watt and I switched it for a 250Watt. So I guess that goes to show that it's not my PSU's since they are both relatively in good order. I had used a cheapo 8meg video card in lieu of the one I have in there to begin with, which is the nVidia card (GE Force 5200 FX 128meg), and I still got the restart. I also changed cpu frequency from 133mhz to 100mhz and still got the restart. What I'm going to try next is switching the cpu, right now I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ in the machine, I have an older Athlon Thunderbird 950mhz laying around. Hopefully I can eliminate the cpu question and that might narrow it down to RAM. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Squirrel Daddy Mar 21, 2005, 09:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah I would start with ram over the CPU, but since you got a CPU laying around try that first.
after that RAM and mobo would be only thing left I guess.

Tony V Mar 23, 2005, 05:44am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Fixed it!! Here's what happened. I switched all the hardware as in my previous posts, and always got the same result. I then did a clean install of windows xp but I didn't install any drivers for anything (other than what windows installs) and still got the restart. I was really close to giving up and destroying my puter when I thought, maybe it's windows. See, I have my windows backed up in case of mishandling or losing my original, so I was doing new installs with the copy. The very first time I had installed windows I had never had the problem (I used original), but when I was using the copy of windows to install, that's when I got this error (restarts). So obviously the copy I have is corrupt, so I re-installed windows with the original disk and so far the computer is running like it did before, error free (knock on wood). I suppose other people here that are having the same prob might want to check your window disk. Thanks to all of the previous posts and to all who replied. I'm hoping I'm done with this issue.

axar patel Mar 23, 2005, 07:12am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
that could also be the sollution cause since i switched to sp2 i am not getting those errors...but i was using xp when i bot my ram switched and it was working so.... you can't really say.... but yes sure taht could work

Alan Swann Apr 02, 2005, 10:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Here's I solved it.

(Well, not me, but a guy who builds his own PCs -- he was, of all things, cleaning my house's air ducts when he supplied me with the answer that had bedeviled me since mid-October.)

It couldn't be simpler. He said the buffer on my Temporary Internet files was too low -- and he was right! I had it at 60 MG (had never touched it) and everytime I reached that limit, having been online for a long period of time, the computer just rebooted and I got the BSOD, the minidump, etc. and 0X0000000A error code, among others.

Just go to Settings under the Temporary Internet files box under "General" in IE and try increasing that number in the box. He told me just to pull it all the way to the right since I have my laptop configured to dump that folder anyway.

That made sense since the laptop only blew up when I was surfing the Web, and always in the afternoon -- never in the mornings. I had run every test known to man, took out the RAM, put in a temp gauge (it blew up even below 40 degrees C). Was all ready to reformat the HD when I got the answer.

Alan

Missy Dunn Apr 22, 2005, 11:14am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have read all of the previous posts on this minidump error. Here is my situation:

I have four computer labs full of four different configurations. These computers are imaged and protected so that all changes made are deleted at log off. They are all running windows xp sp1. They were imaged in January. They worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago when they started giving off this error. Does anyone out there have any advice for me? What is the chances that this is a hardware problem when it is on so many at once??

Squirrel Daddy Apr 22, 2005, 12:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Since all start at once, I would say its some kind of virus possibly.
How many PC's are there, and how many are doing this?

Missy Dunn Apr 22, 2005, 02:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
There are about 80 computers doing it. The funny thing is: The only computers doing it are lab computers. We are on a network here so.........if it was a virus, would it not infect others? Also, they are protected so, anything written to the computer would be erased at log off. Any suggestions?

Squirrel Daddy Apr 22, 2005, 02:57pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok, well a virus can hide itself from beeing erased at logoff.
and yes if it was, it would happen everywhere.
how long has it been since you did windows update?
go into event log and look under application or security and look for a save dump in the source column.
this will have some info.
also go to c:\windows\minidump
there will be a small file there created by windows during the lock up.
learn how to read these.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314084/EN-US/

http://www.eventid.net/

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-...d6.xml.asp

have fun =-)

Fredrik Johansson May 08, 2005, 07:08am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Problem solved!
i Threw my fatass bulky comp out the f**k!

well........not realy...... the thing that got my attetion was that someone posted that the problem was with the ram and with the dual ddr slots, and indeed i had my sticks of ram in the frist to (overloading the bus)

i just removed the 2nd stick and puted it into the last socket, now having em in slot1 and slot3.
both sticks of ram are from the same manufacturer (kingston) on 512mb each.

ive been playing for 8hours straight now, and im possitive that the problem wont return.

btw to add to the knowlage of this, is that i have had this problem b4, tho with 3 sticks of ram from kingston on the same speed and all 3 on 512mb.....

i will get back to you if i get the error or not in about 3 days to be sure.

regards from sweden
/fredrik

axar patel May 08, 2005, 08:59am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
that's exactly what i did.. with my new ram .. my old one was placed in slot 1 and 2.. and this one i placed it in slo 1 and 3...

morris zima May 08, 2005, 01:14pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i didn't read all the post but i have had a few comps do that turned out to be bad ram if u haven't tryed that give it a shot

Fredrik Johansson May 09, 2005, 08:21am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
going strong!
i have kept my computer and the game i always play running for almost 3 days now, without a single crash!

so my advise for u guys is to check your ram

Fredrik Johansson May 13, 2005, 07:17am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
5 days and no crash :D
saved my self alot of money :D

*sings all the way to the bank*

randy f Jun 01, 2005, 09:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My PC tends to restart when i am installing new graphics drivers/running a programm. It also tends to hang for nothing. I changed quite abit of the stuff liao , presumming that it was spoilt...

AMD XP 2200+
Soltek SL-75FRV
Kingston 512mb DDR333<- new
Sapphire 9600 pro<- new
Hitachi 160gb <-new
Seagate 20gb

Any advise peeps? thanks alot

The Error signature

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 90EC1610 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F8808DE3 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

The technical thingy ah

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011303-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\rf\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.