Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1422 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 03:42pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Steve King Dec 13, 2003, 06:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
Hello everyone

I narrowed it down to four possibilities. And I am almost convinced that it's faulty RAM as I have tried everything else. Can anyone tell me where I can download a memory diagnostic program?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Wildwood Dec 14, 2003, 01:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Steve King Dec 14, 2003, 04:28am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you!

GAOXIANG ying Dec 14, 2003, 05:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I met the same problem, but my computer is Thinkpad R40 laptop ( P4M 1.8G). How could I deal with it?
Thanks a lot

TOm Green Dec 15, 2003, 02:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I think I might off found out my problem.For some reason my Key for Windows Xp was blocked.I notice this when I did a fresh install and tried to update to SP1.SO then I just tried my restore disc and updated to SP1 with no problems.Nero works...I been using it for like a week or less and I don't see that error any more..

marko mcphy Dec 15, 2003, 07:12pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hej!
does anybody knows, exactly, what memory dump does and why is it important? minidump error even if i don't play games... but it happened just recently after i installed dx9 and catalyst drivers... it never happend to me before... mybe there lies the solution to problems! i have 8500 Radeon and Athlon 1.9...
it's pretty anoying

Mitch Nottellin Dec 30, 2003, 04:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had the same problem and I finally tracked it to a corrupt file called
savrt.sys. It is a norton antivirus file and when I uninstalled NAV,
my problem went away. Right click on my computer->advanced->
startup and recover settings, uncheck startup, write an, send an. and
change drop down to none. Then you will get the Blue Screen of Death
the next time your error happens, and it won't ask you to send info
to microsoft. The BSOD will tell you which file is causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

matt stedeford Jan 03, 2004, 04:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,
I've been having the same error on my PC for months now, and I have the same motherboard as you. (Shuttle AK39N).. I've tried everything suggested all over the internet, have tried updating all device drivers, tried replacing the graphics card, replaced the Hard Disk, replaced the RAM, have done about a total of 5 fresh installations in winXP. Spent hours changing settings, page file settings, erasing user accounts, creating user accounts... Getting a bit bored of the error now. It's been going on for almost a month and I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose or solve the problem. Everyone suggests something different and it never solves it. I'm an experienced system builder, and have never come across this persistant kind of problem before. Have tried erasing minidump folders, no effect. The CPU and all temps are nominal (around 30^C).. if anyone thinks they know a solution, I'm all ears.

My specs:

AK39N motherboard (shuttle)
Athlon XP2200
512 DDR400 RAM
PNY Verto Deforce4 MX 440 Graphics card
120GB Maxtor HD

As I've said, I've replaced hard disk, graphics card + ram but to no effect, so it seems unlikely to be any of these components. Unless it's some evil combination that's causing the problem. Am I just v. v. unlucky with this one+defying the laws of physics with this one? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Matt

matt stedeford Jan 03, 2004, 04:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,
I've been having the same error on my PC for months now, and I have the same motherboard as you. (Shuttle AK39N).. I've tried everything suggested all over the internet, have tried updating all device drivers, tried replacing the graphics card, replaced the Hard Disk, replaced the RAM, have done about a total of 5 fresh installations in winXP. Spent hours changing settings, page file settings, erasing user accounts, creating user accounts... Getting a bit bored of the error now. It's been going on for almost a month and I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose or solve the problem. Everyone suggests something different and it never solves it. I'm an experienced system builder, and have never come across this persistant kind of problem before. Have tried erasing minidump folders, no effect. The CPU and all temps are nominal (around 30^C).. if anyone thinks they know a solution, I'm all ears.

My specs:

AK39N motherboard (shuttle)
Athlon XP2200
512 DDR400 RAM
PNY Verto Deforce4 MX 440 Graphics card
120GB Maxtor HD

As I've said, I've replaced hard disk, graphics card + ram but to no effect, so it seems unlikely to be any of these components. Unless it's some evil combination that's causing the problem. Am I just v. v. unlucky with this one+defying the laws of physics with this one? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Matt

Vince Guida Jan 05, 2004, 02:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I keep getting the minidumb error, and it takes me to the windows website and tells me that it is a device driver that is causing the problem. I just reformatted the computer a week ago and had to re-install all the hardware so it could be anything. I always says that "Windows has recovered from a serious error". Also, I recently installed ram on my computer (I matched it with the ram that was already in there). The two things that come to mind to me are the RAM that I just installed, or the XP SP1 update.

*I have a program that came with my computer (PC Doctor) and when I try to run a ram test, it hangs.*

George Bell Jan 09, 2004, 12:14pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Same here :(

Asus P800P
P IV 2.6
GForce 4 Ti 4200
2x512 MB DDR PC3200

No Ati,different mobo samw problem!

Koen Hermans Jan 10, 2004, 06:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Dimitris Berberidis Jan 14, 2004, 05:27am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 14, 2004, 05:36am EST

hi everybody i'm new here! just bought a new PC andi have the same problem.
System: P4 2.6 GHz
Albatron PX848 PV PRO
512 DDR /400MHz
GeForce FX5200EP 128MB

when i played warcraft 3 or Empire Earth my system rebooted after 15 mins. approximately. Then i made Windows not to reboot and got the same message. i run SiSoftware Sandra Professional and warned me about very high temperature in Power/Aux (about 54C). Could that be the reason i have the reboots? What could i do about it if this is the problem.
Thanx a lot in advance i find everything here very useful.

BigGord Mac Jan 15, 2004, 07:01am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all

Im glad to see its not just me having this problem apologies for not being able to give exact specs i am at work at the mo

i have an ecs board with an sis chipset brand new bought on saturday

my previous board was the older version

i have been having this problem ever since i tried to upgrade my video card

i had a radeon 7500 2000+ chip soundblaster live card 512meg sdram pc133 2 hard drives ata100 cd writer and dvd writer and had no problems at all

i bought a new geforce card and a radeon 9600 and have been getting the random lock ups mostly while gaming including rise of nations ? not exactly a graphically demanding game gun metal unreal tournamnet but not in need for speed underground strangley enough you can play that at full res everything on

i assumed wrongly now that this was an agp problem as my old board only did X2 and the minimum spec of my new graphics card was X4

the new board is in and im still having the same problem and nfs undergroung has now crashes out to desktop after reading all the previous posts im thinking it could be memory or perhaps cpu temp so will check and get back but willing to accept any other opinions

as with everyone else i just want it resolved

Dimitris Berberidis Jan 16, 2004, 04:52am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i phoned the manufacturers of the PC an told me to get it back to check it. When i did, they asked me to leave it there, so they could run tests and see what they can do. Also, they said that other people who had the same problem on the very same PC it turned out that they had wrongly put a non compatible RAM. i hope it is that simple, so i'll have to wait.. i'll get back

Squirrel Daddy Jan 18, 2004, 03:51pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have similar porbs for whom it may concern.

shuttle AK39N
initially had a Nvidia geforece4 128 8x
512 ddr 333
AMD 2600 XP
Sound blaster live 5.1
Optorite 52X burner
250 MB internal zip
Maxtor 40GB
WINXP pro
500W PS

was working fine for about a week.
then during halo(PC game), BSOD'ed.
more random BSOD in HALO and in Windows
i then subbed out the memory, and PSU.
then changed to ATI 9200 8x 128MB and a new AK39N, freash reinstall(low level format) of win xp
still get random BSOD's, not very frequint thou. sometimes i can go 3 or 4 days with everything fine, somedays it will BSOD 3 or 4 times in 1 day.
anyway, i think i am going to goto a non VIA MSI/ABIT/ASUS/Gigabyte mobo and go back with the origianl Geforce 4 440 8x 128 MB vid card.

the BSOD's stop error codes range from , D1, C2, 50, ea, 8e, D6......
i am a expierenced system builer as well.

my 2 cents.

Tom Blank Jan 18, 2004, 03:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I was having the same problem. I tried all the above suggestions to no avail. I also thought it may be due to hyper threading (HT). When I disabled HT the error was less frequent. I have an Intel 2.66GHZ processor and the bios set the CPU speed to 2.66GHZ by default. I set the CPU Operating Speed Ext. Clock back to 200 which set back the processor to 2.60GHZ and everything works flawlessly.

Hope this is helpful!

Tom

BigGord Mac Jan 19, 2004, 05:09am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hello all

i think fingers crossed i may have resolved my problem it may or may not help any or all of you

i d/l that memory checking program mentioned earlier and although i never finished it after approx 5 hours it had shown up no errors

i cleaned my heatsink and cpu and put on some thermal paste and the problem seems to have gone but it has only been 2 days so far

i d/l a motherboard and cpu monitor MBM 5.3 this supports a lot of motherboards but not all but it may work on your boards (apologies if you have already thought of this)

i may also have had a run of bad luck with some of the games i was playing. i was having serious problems with gun metal and also spellforce both of which are made by the same company. their forums state that they have problems with ATI cards. my machine still rebooted when i came out of spellforce so that has been binned

i am now running nfs underground full res all options on and the cpu temp doesnt rise above 54 normally sits at 52

rise of nations no prblems same full res etc

just for thecrack i also installe AVP2 again full res etc looks real good and no temperature rises and more importantly no crashes and reboots

hope this helps i will keep you posted

Squirrel Daddy Jan 19, 2004, 11:25am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ive heard hyperthreading can cause problems with some hardware like creative labs. disabling it usually causes problems to go away, but not "all" of them.

Vince Guida Jan 19, 2004, 06:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've fixed it. I havn't gotten the error in over a week. I'm fairly confident that it was the ram upgrade I installed. Even when I took out the upgrade, and threw the old ram back in I still had the problem, but I used system restore to restore my computer back to the day before I installed the ram, and everything seems to be running fine. Now I need to find some RAM....... (I bought the K-Byte brand 512mb ram) I guess I'll have to order from IBM...

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.