Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1529 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 02:35pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
axar patel Oct 10, 2005, 12:16pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
are you sure that is the correct motherboard i have looked up asus website but i dont see that mother board :o please try checking it your self

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mbindex.htm

and also at your graphic card website to see if anyone else is having this same problem and also about your graphic card suppotable..

hope it helps you might want to get it checked with a computer technican or if u have warranty then use it.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Luis Machado Oct 10, 2005, 12:37pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I think that's the motherboard i have; strange that it's not on ASUS website... :|

I will try to reinstall the drivers of my Geforce.
Then i will try to reinstall directX 9 (there is any way that i can really unistall it and then install, or i can only reinstall it?)
If this dont work, i will format the computer (i can only do this next month 'cause i have a donwload limit of 2gb and we are on the 10th october i only have 400mb left xD; and i need to do the updates after formating)

And if nothing of this works i will buy a new graphics card, because, to be honest, this one sucks :P; (i had a ATI Radeon 9600xt, 256mb, AGP8x on the other PC)

What do you think about this?

axar patel Oct 10, 2005, 01:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
you could try that but if you have warranty use it :)

Luis Machado Oct 10, 2005, 02:36pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I dunno if i can make use of the video card warranty, because they will probably change the card :S; and i dont like that card :P

What do you think about an ATI Radeon X800 GT 256mb, PCI-exp?!

Squirrel Daddy Oct 10, 2005, 03:37pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
on the driver install/reinstall.
1. UNINSTALL the geforce drivers, then reinstall them. Do not install overtop of exsisting drviers.
2. dx drivers, all you can do is reinstall, cant really uninstall. there int. into windows to much.
3. the ATI card is fine also.

Luis Machado Oct 11, 2005, 02:46am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The reinstalation of the drivers and the Dx9 didn't work :S
I''m now going to format it, and i will post here about the the results.

See you in 2/3 days.

Jakub Vlha Oct 14, 2005, 09:06am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
HI all i ahve system Pentium 4 2.6 ghz 256 mb RAM and GeForce 5200 128 mb and my computer still rebots and i dont know why please help me i am from Slovakia so sorry for my english thanks guys

Luis Machado Oct 16, 2005, 06:02am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I formated my computer and the problem still presists :(
I think I'll buy a new graphic card, what you think about the new ATI x1000 series (X1600XT) ???

piotr wasilewski Nov 01, 2005, 07:08am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi
At first! Guys - big THX for all posts & articles!! it really helped!!
The situation is: this error is caused by RAM - only DDR & mostly when there're 2 diffrent RAM modules. Sometimes the error is caused just by 1 bad module - they sell it everywhere.

Here's what You do.
1 If U have 2 diffrent modules of RAM: U buy 2 same modules OR U can swith their places on Motherboard (slower module should allways be FIRST).
2 If U have 2 same modules (single or dual - whatever) U try boot to MemTest86 - because there is something wrong with RAM modules OR the RAM Bank - that means U HAVE to buy new RAM or new Motherboard (try to put modules in diffrent Banks - maybe U find what is broken - so U eventually loose dual - but the error want bother U)
3 If U have 1 module of RAM - do the same as 2 - and try to put RAM in diffrent Banks - sometimes the bank is just bad.

Other thing is - before the error starts (i mean computer reboots) temperatures inside the computer goes a little higher - THAT ISN'T THE PROBLEM. U can work with CPU 55celsius and it won't burn down.
PSU - U have to check - it sometimes burns - but it CANNOT cause this problem.

The problem can be caused by VGA - ONLY because the system RAM doesn't support VGA RAM - so U fix system RAM - VGA RAM will work properly - but i think reinstalling DirectX is A GOOD IDEA - well - U installed it on a BAD RAM!!!

I fixet that error on 4 diffrent computers - 4 diffrent RAM combinations - so:
thats all folks - THATS THE OFFICIAL CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION TO IT

any questions: shopenn@tlen.pl
best of luck on future projects

Chris A Nov 04, 2005, 08:45am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Squirrel Daddy Nov 05, 2005, 11:45pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well, no1 has responded yet.....
since you did all the initial software/driver guess work. I guess reinstalling windows could be next, or, playing around with vid card and or ram.
I would imagine these to be the culprits. since you do indicate that the ati file was causing issues, I would imagine thats a good place to start.
try messing with your power options in bios since the suspend function is causing issues. perhaps turn suspend off.
hardware for laptops can be $$$, So I would back everything up and reinstall windows first. thats free.
before you do any of this, I assume that you read this thread and have looked in the event log, and peered at the minidump files to start your troubleshooting. if not, then start there first b4 jumping into bios/reinstalling win/playing with hardware.

d c Nov 06, 2005, 06:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey guys,

I also have the problem that my pc restarts after playing a game I have toll that looks at the temparature of my GPU and CPU and they both go up to 55 C+ and then the game freezes it happens with all the games I have two big vents in my computer and I am running the game without the leftside of my computer on it so it's get enough cooling somebody got a tip? Or is it normal the temp goes up to 55C+ it's now at 45/46 C+
somebody please help me....?

Dennis

Squirrel Daddy Nov 06, 2005, 12:14pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
is that an AMD dennis?
my runs about there as well. low load ~48.
gaming and hi loads, ~54.
those temps are good.
if it happens with all games, try UNINSTALLING, then reinstalling vid drivers.
dont install over, uninstall first.

jo alton narca Nov 07, 2005, 01:44am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
squirrel daddy,

i've run memtest 3.2 from http://hcidesign.com/ and it didn't detect any error and i've let it run for 20 mins.

My PC would restart at times when i just leave it w/o programs running and in most cases when i would try to install new applications. i've just got a 256MB RAM module.

i'm about to try placing my memory modules to diff. slots and see if there woud be any difference. just want to know what can you say about this...

^_^

Squirrel Daddy Nov 07, 2005, 09:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
running memtest for 20 min is not very complete. usually you set it up and let it run all nite, ie. > 5 hours.
however, if its random as you say, it could be linked to your ram.
Im assuming you tried all your software/driver issues first.
you could try resetting your page file.
after this, hardware swaps is the only thing left.
changing ram is simple enuff and 256 is small, so thats on the cheap.

d j Nov 12, 2005, 09:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I suddenly started having the exact same problem on my 6-month old build with the following specs:

Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Motherboard
Albatron 128mb PCI Express w/nVidia GeForce 6600
Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
Plextor CD Burner
Plextor SATA DVD Burner
Western Digital 80GB IDE Hard Drive
Pentium 4 @ 3.0 GHz
Stock CPU fan, 3 case fans
2 x 512mb Corsair DDR RAM

I was not experiencing constant reboot problems, but every single time I tried to play any WMA video clip my machine would freeze up, then BSOD with error message about Nv4_disp nVidia file "device driver got stuck in infinite loop....", then reboot. My cpu fan starts whining when temps get in the 50's and it would whine away when it first started rebooting, but would drop down before rstarting Windows. After re-entering Windows XP Home SP2, I would get an error message about the system recovery pointing to a memory dump.

I perused all the pages of this forum and started testing different things. I ran MemTest and MemTest86 on both sticks of RAM and discovered that one is bad. I pulled out the bad stick, rebooted, and attempted to play a WMA file - same error, so it wasn't the RAM. Then I disabled hyperthreading in the BIOS, rebooted, and attempted to play a WMA file - same error. Then I downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia's website, uninstalled the 2004 driver (which worked fine a couple of months ago), rebooted, and installed the newly downloaded driver - Walah! It seems to be working, for now. I'm skeptical. We'll see. Anyway, I'm happy at this moment.

Thanks for all the suggestions and the great overall discussion on this subject. If not for this problem, I would not have known I had a bad stick of RAM as I was not experiencing any other problems or instabilities. I'm currently trying to obtain an RMA from Corsair for a replacement.

L T Nov 24, 2005, 12:53am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok guys, The error you are getting is not your cpu or your video card so don't stress, Thats a RAM Problem. I've fixed heaps of computers with the same error and most of the time the RAM wasn't even faulty. Most common reason is because of dust. Dust acts like a conductor and if unfortunately placed across the contact can form a link and basically screw up what it's there to do. Another reason for this error i have experienced is a faulty RAM slot, to check it just insert the stick of RAM into the other slot (you'll figure out a way if you have multiple sticks). Also just the posistioning of the RAM can cause this error so make sure that it is install correctly. if problems persist buy a new stick of RAM or test it with someone elses RAM if you don't believe me

Hope that helps

Squirrel Daddy Nov 24, 2005, 01:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
D J,
more than likly a PSU.
if not I would think it to be along the lines of what LT is talking about.

True it is that RAM is a culprit. It usually works from the start, or does not work at all.
it does go bad, but not usually from what I have worked with.
Dust can do this. Dust can also cause stuff to heat up and thus shorten its life time.
can also cause shorts and such.

Luis,
I would test PSU and rule it out first. its cheaper than vid card swap.

keep us all posted.

Luis Machado Nov 24, 2005, 11:37am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
What's a PSU?! :)

Squirrel Daddy Nov 24, 2005, 09:33pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
power supply unit

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.