Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 4637 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 16 - 12:31am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
marlon alvarez Dec 02, 2005, 11:39pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> how do i remove this C\:WINDOWS|Minidump\Mini120903
i do not know how to remove

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
marlon alvarez Dec 02, 2005, 11:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
Hello all

It looks like I'm not the only one.

I only just had a HUGE upgrade!

System Manufacturer: SHUTTLE Technologies, Inc
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1
System Model: AK39
BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
CPU 2.66
256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.

I also have been confronting this problem for quite a while now. I have been busying myself with Thief 2 The metal age, I would be playing Thief for a good forty mins and then all of a sudden without warning the game will shut down back to the desktop within a blink of an eye! And no explanation as well. And sometimes it would even restart my PC, and that's when I get the error message (Bearing in mind I downloaded the latest patch for the game).....

Error report contents

C\:WINDOWS|Minidump\Mini120903
C\: DOCUME~1*****\LOCALS~1TEMP\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I was told that I needed to replace my PSU because it wasn't strong enough. It was 230w but now has been changed to 350w. But alas! the same problem rears its ugly head just as I thought the coast was clear.
But now after reading this post has motivated me to try the pointers suggested.

Will let you know what happens
<note how do i remove this problems>
Thanks

Squirrel Daddy Dec 03, 2005, 01:14am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
marlon, what are you talking bout not knowing how to remove? r u referring to the PSU?
google it, its simple. however if you have never tinkered b4 w/ electronics and are not comfortable, I would advise not doing it yourself. find a buddy that has exp. in the likes of electronics. its not difficult, however it is precise and can be VERY dangerous.

now as per your restarts, 350W is still kinda wimpy. 450+ is always recommended.
2nd, your CPU is ~2Ghz. not 2.6Ghz.
3rd, your ram is skimpy to. 256MB is ok, 512 is preferred.
4th, Update your DirectX via MS update
5th, Update your game ( i think U have done this)
6th, update your video card drivers. DO not reinstall over.........uninstall vid drivers. reboot, then reinstall.

let me know.

Shimmy Dec 12, 2005, 06:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey all, havin some probs and just found the site through google...

i started having probs yesterday... boot up the comp, select user, go to my usual user, and about 10-15 seconds after loading it resets everytime, regardless... so i went to my other user, to see if that one worked... and it did, but i got a minidump error same as others on this thread... as i didnt know that much about them, i went searching on the net for info, found out what i needed to know, and i went inot the options to make it stop resetting, so it goes to the blue screen. so i log off and go to the other profile, and again, it resets right away, but this time it goes to the blue screen... and it says that i may have faulty hardware or currupt software or a program unexpectedly shutting down somthin like that, since i had been using the 2nd profile that i have and it works fine, i kinda thought i would rule out hardware, hence the reason i didnt put up any specs...

so, if i could have some advice on what to look for, software wise, it would be greately appreciated... at the moment i am goin through all the recent programs that has been put on, and will later start changing drivers.

thank you if anyone here can help me out.

Squirrel Daddy Dec 13, 2005, 12:40am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
yeah I would say software is a good start.
I would start in the even log and see if there are some clues there.
also, the BSOD will have an error code. perhaps this code will be assoc with vid card or something linking it to a profile.

let us know.

Shimmy Dec 13, 2005, 08:00am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
thanks mate, i havnt yet looked at the coding, i might tomrrow...

i have changed/updated all the drivers, i have uninstalled/disabled all programs that have recently been put on, and it still does it... i have also moved my ram to different banks, and have also tried them out one by one in each bank, i have 2 bars of 256 mb, one is a pc 2100 and the other a pc2700, i have always had the slower one first in sequence, and have never had any probs now, so that definately rules out ram, the newest piece of hardware i have installed is a 350 watt power supply, but that was a couple of weeks ago, and i cant see how that could casue it, esp considering that it works in this profile, the video card itself, at the moment im ruling out, as i have played games on this profile for hours and hasnt crashed once.

so at this moment i am about 95% sure that it is software related...

looks like ill have to take a look at the other profile in safe mode, and see if i can find anything wrong.
or it might be a sign for a format, hasnt been formated for 'bout... 4-5 years i reckon...

thanks
ill keep yas updated

Neo TheGod Dec 13, 2005, 08:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
GUYS THE PROBLEM IS THE MEMORY, TRUST ME. I HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN FIXING SOMEONES PC, TRIED EVERYTHING, DIFFERENT HARDRIVE DIFFERENT GRAPHICS CARD, FORMATED IT, DIFFERENT FAN, NO JOY ON EVERYTHING. THE GUYS COMPUTER ONLY HAD 1 512MB DDR MEM CHIP IN IT, MY COMP ONLY USED SDRAM SO I COULDNT TRY THAT, SO I TOOK IT TO A COMPUTER REPAIR SHOP[ AND TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM, TOLD THEM WAHT I HAD DONE AND TOLD THEM I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE MEMORY BUT DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE. THEY INSTALLED A NEW 512 DDR FOR ME AND SAID TO TRY THAT AND IF NOT I COULD CALL BACK AND GET A REFFUND ( NICE OF THEM ). BUT HEY PRESTO IT WORKED, NO MORE MINIDUMP PROBLEMS, IF YOU HAVE MORE THAT ONE STICK OF MEMORY IN YOUR COMPUTER YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THEM OUT ONE AT A TIME TO FIND THE FAULTY ONE. GOOD LUCK.

SuPeR Xp Dec 13, 2005, 08:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I am getting this crazy measage everytime I try to use my Laptop.
"I am the OMEGA, do not try to delete me & do not try to stop me, I've took over your Computer & there is nothing you can do. If you try to defete me, your CPU will fry HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

WTF is going on here ?

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Shimmy Dec 13, 2005, 09:25pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
neo -

how do ya explain it working in one profile and not the other, if the ram wzas faulty it shouldnt work regardless, and as ive said before, i have checked out both of my ram bars, by running them seprately and in all the banks, and it still continued to do it...

super XP -

that would most likely be a hacker or a virus or somthin, get a firewall program like zone alarm and a anti-virus program like AVG and a spy ware program like spybot if you dont already...

Neo TheGod Dec 14, 2005, 02:07am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey Shimmy, hows it going m8. Before u go through all the trouble of a format try somebody elses memory, I promise I have done all that you are about to do, give it a go before you format, I have had this problem with my own comp aswell. I bought a 512 sdram off e-bay and within an hour of istalling in my comp shut down, then i got the minidump message, i knew what it was as it was the only thing i had changed, and i had seen the problem before, please give it a go and let me know. Good luck.

CrAsHnBuRnXp Dec 14, 2005, 03:49am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
"I am the OMEGA, do not try to delete me & do not try to stop me, I've took over your Computer & there is nothing you can do. If you try to defete me, your CPU will fry HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

u serious dude? that sounds like something that is made up.

but yea if u r serious, i would def say a hacker put something in ur computer. def get a firewall and a good av and a spyware thing like that one dude said. i like Ad-Aware SE Pro. comes with Ad-Watch. blocks stuff like that from getting in. but they do have a free version of Ad-Aware SE its called Ad-Aware SE Personal. you can d/l it at http://www.dowload.com just search for it. its the same thing as the pro verions - the gadgets.

Squirrel Daddy Dec 14, 2005, 10:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
SIN, Shimmy....
Sometimes things that are posted just need to be ignored.

let us know how it goes.

joe Volel Dec 15, 2005, 01:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

joe Volel Dec 15, 2005, 03:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok so far no restart so am assuming like a few folks posted above it was the ram. Now ill put the ram on another slot and see if Ijust installed it on the wrong DIMM slot (which I believe I did, I had it on slot A in stead of B2) or if the ram is just messed up.

Squirrel Daddy Dec 15, 2005, 03:44pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
pretty obvioue if your tests are conclusive.
PC works fine,
add ram,
PC does not work fine.
The Issue: The ram I added must not jive with the system or is faulty.

joe Volel Dec 15, 2005, 04:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well yeah its just that I didn't want to go through the trouble of sending the ram back since I ordered it online with a few other items . Although I haven't gotten a reset after reinstalling the ram onto another slot, I did get a crash in counterstrike source and I got a differen't message this time.

Shimmy Dec 20, 2005, 03:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey all... thanks for the help, i have not yet formatted or tried someone elses ram, but when i do which should be some time soon... i hope it does solve this problem...

again thanks... ill post back again when i have solved it, or tried new ram...

strontium dog Dec 20, 2005, 03:53am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
these are dx9 related issues,it generally means your dx9 drivers are corrupted,i had this same error message and spent a week looking for a solution,then i ran dxdiag and found my drivers were corrupted.

Neo TheGod Dec 20, 2005, 05:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Not dx9
Is Ram, plz everyone try a tested and working ram = Problem solved = no more minidump message, then we can all start posting about other problems. Im about to upgrade my PC this week and I'm sure I'll have a few for you.
Again for anyone who has not hear the advice of "TheGodOfTheMatrix" (NeoThegod) the problem is down to the memory, wether you have tried it in different slots, it is the memory. I would stake my left testicle on it. I have solved this problem before on my own computer and others. If Im worng (which Im never, except once when I thought I was wrong ) I will post you my bollock.
:-)

strontium dog Dec 20, 2005, 06:00am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
maybe the error code was different but there was nothing wrong with my memory.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.