Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1484 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 03:43pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Steve King Jan 20, 2004, 06:54am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
Hello all

Its been awhile since I posted another message regarding about this issue, and I can safely say that I am SICK to the back teeth with this error!! And as of today I am going back to where I got this dame motherboard (AK39) and get my money back!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Hansueli Schenk Jan 27, 2004, 03:50pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all,
I have a MSI 6704
P4 CPU 3.06
Geforce 3 Ti 200

I have had this Minidump fo more than 3 month. allways at start up of the XP. Nothing helped really, than 3 weeks ago I upgraded for not the first time to DX9b. And now the sytem run's since than perfectly. are there differnt DX9b on microsoft HP?
Hope it solve your problem as well
Hansueli

Steve King Jan 30, 2004, 12:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Sorted!

I went back to to the store about my PC and told them what happend. And They asked me that they will replace the whole motherboard and the CPU, and now I can happily say that it has at last been solved.

Typical One Feb 05, 2004, 03:19am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Computer:

MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R Motherboard
MSI FX5900SP-VTD256 Video Card
Athlon64 +3200
Seagate ST3120026A 120GB HD
Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512MB) DDR400 RAM

Ok, check this out. I just put together a new computer and was having some serious problems when I tried playing any type of game. This also extended to downloading files off the internet and installing downloaded files (on the rare occasion when they'd download successfully). The problem with the games would usually occur ten seconds into playing and would be that I'd just get dumped back to my desktop. When trying to download or install files, the computer would just freeze or restart. I also noticed that when I tried to set the RAM speed to "Auto" in the BIOS, it would reset itself to "Limit" with a speed of 333 (when it should be 400).

Anyways, to make a long story short, I just had to take one stick of 512MB RAM and put it into slot three and leave the first in slot one instead of having them side by side in slot one and two. I told someone I know about this and he game me some story about how that makes sense because having them side by side was overloading the bus, they just needed some room to communicate properly. After I moved the RAM to the new slot I've had no problems and my computer runs solidly with absolutely no problems. If you check your motherboard manufacturer they might have information on types of RAM they've successfully tested for compatibility and which slots they were placed into. I know MSI does....

Steve King Feb 06, 2004, 02:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hmmmm Sounds interesting

I often wondered why I now have two 256 MB of RAM chips instead of one 512 MB chip when I sent it back for repair. And I think you have answered my question. I will have to look this up.

Thanks

Damian Hoffield Feb 20, 2004, 02:45am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

You guys are running dual ddrs systems! there are usually 4 slots, 2 groups of 2, on most p4 systems. 1st group would be A0 & B0 second group will be A1 & B1...MATCH THE LETTERS FOR PAIRING Dual DDR systems run better with 2 matched stick rather than one.(i.e. 2 - 256 one each in A0 & A1 are better than 1 - 512 anywhere) Motherboards seems to be kinda picky with what Dual DDR they use and if your running more than one they need to be matched or you'll run into all kindsa problems. If your ram is not right....thats your problem! But I don't think that this thread was started about ram issues...The minidump problem could be based on ram but I think, in addition to or probably in loo of the ram its caused by something else..be it heat or what...I'm not sure.

My system:

Asus p4p800deluxe
P4 2.4c Thermaltake Spark 7+ CPU cooler
1Gb(2 - 512 in A0 & A1 of Samsung with copper heat spreader)
ATI 9700
Creative Audigy Platinum w/Live Drive
2 - cd roms(incl. burner)
120Gb SATA Maxtor
60Gb ATA133 Maxtor
550W PS

If I figure anything out I'll post!

Lippo McLippo Mar 08, 2004, 01:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had the same problem as everyone else. It started after I fitted a new graphics card and extra memory. I would be playing a game and it would suddenly exit the program and go back to the desktop.

Lots of messing around led me to find that my overclocked CPU was running on a 333mhz FSB, which was in turn making the memory run on 333mhz (CAS 3). One of the memory sticks (TwinMOS PC2100 256MB DDR/CL2.5) didn't like it and was causing the computer to crash. I have removed this stick and now everything works OK (for now).

So check your BIOS to see what your memory is running at, and reduce it if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Spec;

Athlon XP 2.4Ghz O/C'd to 2.6Ghz
Abit KD7a Raid Motherboard
180Gb H/D (120Gb Raid 0 Sriped array on Seagates)
768Mb Memory (2 x Hyundai 256Mb PC2100 CL2.5 266Mhz, 1x Crucial 256Mb PC2100 CL2.5 266Mhz, both on 166FSB)
Gainward FX5700Ultra 128Mb Graphics Card
Pioneer DVD drive (SCSI)
Liteon 40x12x48 CD writer
Pioneer 4x DVD writer

Jason Bourne Mar 08, 2004, 09:10pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have been having the excact same problem and have reformatted 3 times. It was sweet for about a month but now I'm getting it again, the same error as the topic starter and random freezing and restarting.

I haven't changed any hardware setup or anything at all. It seems after a few weeks something with the PC stuffs up and then it doesn't fix it self.

Squirrel Daddy Mar 09, 2004, 09:02am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have been getting same problems for 4 or 5 months now from a new PC. the specs are listed previously in this thread for this system. it has a FIC AN19C mobo. i ave decided to but a new MSI KT4AV-L mobo. this is the newew version of the post that started this thread.

i will keep us all informed as to if the prob is fixed after i finish rebuilding.

Damian Hoffield Mar 10, 2004, 01:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
How many people in here are running a creative sound card? I've checked all hardware except mobo, proc, and sound card....and I have had problems with 2 of the older LIVE series cards....by the way I'm running an audigy gamer edition right now.

Squirrel Daddy Mar 10, 2004, 02:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have SB live and i dont have ne probs on my 2 other systems.

david hoang Mar 11, 2004, 02:49pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have the same damn problem. It's really p**sing me off. I had the same problems for a few weeks and didnt think much of it. I tried powering up my machine a week ago to find out that my main hard drive got corrupted somehow. It wouldnt load windows fors**t. i tired everything to make it boot. i booted from my windows cd and got to a cmd prompt to find out that the drive was completely empty. i had to reformat and reinstalled windows. remember to back up your stuff guys. My machine back up and running again..but i still get this error. my specs:
MSI 875 NEOFISR2
p4 2.8C with a thermalright slk900/80mm tornado
ati radeon 9700 AIW pro
ati radeon 7500 for second monitor
sound blaster audigy2 platinum ex
2x512 Corsair xms pc3200LL
WD IDE 120GB HD
WD IDE 200GB HD
lite on 52x burner
lite on dvd drive

s c Mar 23, 2004, 11:04pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The main thing to remember here is that stock heat sinks and cheap cases suck...I recomend ThermalTake. Keep in mind that all this can be loud at times but "if you are building a monster expect it to roar alittle!!!!!" I have a great setup with my KT4V. I have had no issues with overclocking CPU. Looks like this is all heat related and a few case fans and maybe a new ANTEC or LIANLI case would do a world of good. Remember the configuration of the MotherBoard,all the "hot" components are close, so expect them to get "hot". Be careful with thermal paste. Research and ask for advice it is not as easy as installing a P4 or P3. Alittle goes a long way. A dab or grease comprable to a fully cooked grain of rice is sufficient for a good thermal bond. More grease can hurt cooling by not bonding smoothly and cleanly. I know this can get expensive but its worth it this investment can be there ready for the next MotherBoard replacement. I am running a MSI GF4 -4200TI and even this card gets hot. AMD is a great processor but heat is a killer..... With the proper cooling and hwd my box benchmarks just as good or better than my P4 2.4 800FSB machine w/ superior GF FX5600 Ultra, 1024MB PC3200 RAM DC

2500+ XP w/ Thermal Take Volcano 9.0
--Clocked to 2800+
Corsair 2 x 512 333MHZ
40GB WD HDD
MSI GF-4 4200TI
Universal Buslink 40x10x48
LiteOn 52X CDROM
LIANLI PC-60 Aluminum Case
2 Front fans
1 Top fan
1 Rear fan

van alfen Mar 29, 2004, 06:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Whats up folks, this my first post so I hope its helpful... Ive been having the same damn problem for too long I did everything and anything I could do. So to get to the point the way I figured out how to get rid of the problem is this.. I cleaned out the whole case two months back and forgot to put one stick of 512mb 2700 back in... then after two weeks I notice that I wasnt have the problem did some system checks and realized I didnt have the other stick in... popped it back in and I almost had problems right away again. Went out bought one stick of Kingston 1gb 2700 mem and now its running smoothly. So for me it seems anyways that the problem was having the mem in two sticks instead of one not sure why but its fixed and Im happy. Lets call Bill and ask him why?

Damian Hoffield Mar 29, 2004, 08:46pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 29, 2004, 08:51pm EST

After long hours of trouble shooting and poor attempts at forgetting I'm resolving that this is a RAM issue! I would still love to find a more deliberate cause but the closest "single" problem that would cause symptoms like we have all seen would be RAM, with HEAT being a close second. I still check this forum every damn time I get am email and I will continue to out of curiosity so please keep all informed if a better answer materializes. By the way...this was the first forum I ever found on this minidump topic...is anyone out there familiar with any other forums that touch on the minidump issue? Thanks and good luck to all, D

S A Q Taba-Tabai Mar 31, 2004, 07:18am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have had this message: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032904-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\srezvi\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Check if hard disk is not getting overheated. Download the program called HDD Health from http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdisktools.html (no. 14 down the page). This program will tell you if the hard disk is getting overheated and/or any other problem.

I installed this prog. which detected my hard disk was getting over heated i.e. 48C. I have put a small fan infront ofthe pc with opened case.

Check this freeware website, http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/ , it contains hundreds of free and useful programs related to Networking etc.

Dave Sinclair Apr 02, 2004, 12:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have been having the same problem (i.e., minidump error). The only change I have made is to add 512 megs of ram to my system. I am going to remove the ram and see if the problem persists. What I am wondering about is whether the addition of the new ram (bringing the total on my machine to 1gig) would increase the temperature sufficiently to require more cooling???

Cheers,

David

Squirrel Daddy Apr 02, 2004, 01:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
what kind of colling do u currently have?

Squirrel Daddy Apr 02, 2004, 02:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
and 1 more thing. if ne1 has been following my updates here on this thread i have rebuilt that system that had the FIC AN19C mobo with the MSI KT4AV board. I also threw in a new ATI vid card by gigabyte. reinstalled, updated all and it appears to work just fine. so now everything is grandios. only except 3 days after i rebuilt it, the power went off in the neighborhood and now occasionally when i goto turn it on, i get a siren noise from mobo. i hit the power switch again and it boots up and runs just fine. i dont know why i have to hit power swith a few times to get it to work. of course this only happened after the neighborhood power outage. i hope its something simple like a PSU. this will be the 3 rd PSU in this system and I dont want to have to put a 3rd mobo in it if i choose to fix this. I think ill leave it be for a while.

finally, no more minidumps

Steve King Apr 02, 2004, 07:12pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.