Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1457 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 06:17pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Squirrel Daddy Apr 02, 2004, 10:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
another update,
I found out that the keyboard was the culprit. the siren noise would come on and the system would not boot. I unplugged the KB, the system boots fine. plug KB back in, siren and no boot, unplug KB, system boots. i replaced the KB and everything is running the way it should. hasta la vista baby.

P.S. steve king, the whole system is behind a batt bak up =-)

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Squirrel Daddy Apr 02, 2004, 10:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
oh and I forgot, the KB was more than likely shorting out. This "more than likely" casued all the probs with the AN19C motherboard. I am going to rebuild that mobo and the vid card that was on it and see it probs occur, I am thinking that they wont. a new case is on the way for it from newegg. does anyone want a 2Ghz PC with customized features for about 500$?

all of this over a stupid KB short.
grrrr.

Damian Hoffield Apr 03, 2004, 12:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 03, 2004, 12:26am EST

Hey Squirrel Daddy....What kind of keyboard were you using...make & model?

Squirrel Daddy Apr 03, 2004, 09:39am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
it was an IBM old POS. I think it shorted the port out on the PC. so i switched to a USB KB and its all good so far.

Ernesto Herrera Apr 03, 2004, 03:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok I had this same problem it fuc**d up my DVD ROM and my CDRW ROM. What I did was I had to opened the panel and clean piece by piece (if your new in that dont try or label each cable you disconect from motherboard) After I clean each by each piece I bought a new FAN it was cheap about 10 dlls and I installed where its suppose to be. After that I did and Antivirus SCAN, and a SYSTEM CHECK UP. And after that I have no more problems (this was in november 2003) Try to do that, and if your ROM`s got deleted just after you do all that I said press F8 While booting to bring up the BOOT options screen, and choose THE LAST CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED or something like that.
Good luck to everybody

Squirrel Daddy Apr 03, 2004, 05:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
the saga continues. After the new KB, i had the low pitched siren occur a few times. So i swapped out the 400W PSU w/ a 500 W PSU. I sat there and power up/down the system 30 times. No siren sounds and everything is now running as it should, flaswlessly.
Hopefully it will stay that way.

FYI:
The siren noise is a lower pitch than the system overheat siren and it occurs rite after u hit the power switch. b4 your finger leaves it, the siren noise is there. after setting all nite, and everything beeing at room temp, it cant be an overheat prob, or a CPU fan prob (I checked that). Im assuming it was the PSU not being able to cough up enuff power.

hasta.

Dave Sinclair Apr 05, 2004, 06:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi folks,
I forgot to add my specs to the last message. I have an IBM clone with a 3.02GHz processor, 800 FS bus running dual channel 400MHz DDR ram. As I said in my last post, the only change to my system prior to receiving this crash message was my adding 512 meg of ram (two 256 chips). I hate to sound as dumb as I look but ... I was unaware that in adding ram to a dual channel system the chips have to be "paired" (i.e., they NEED to be matched not only in manufacturer but also as close as possible in their particular batch as possible). The ram I added was Azen brand and I dutifully bought two chips I figgured would work. That's when it started crashing. I removed the new ram and the crash stopped happening. I installed new Kensington "paired" ram and have not had any trouble since. Hope this is helpful to some of you.

Cheers,

Dave

Kent Kvalnes Apr 08, 2004, 09:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
In the first post, I found the same problem as he had. But my machine did not go reboot. But the system crashed in to a blue screen (windoze's blue screen of death). It appared with a lot of cryptic error messages. So the machine was stucked and had to be rebooted. I found the fan that I had removed from the site in front of the videocerd were the reason to all of my problems. But if your your machine doing a reboot without your intentions, it looks like a virus or worm has been activated. BEWARE!!! Look out for the Blaster worm.
Check the last updated virus detections....Good luck to you

jerry yong Apr 19, 2004, 11:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I just face this problem (Minidump) since last weekend. I've been using the same PC for a few years now and this is the first time I see this error message, so I guess it's not something to do with the hardware.

I dunno what have I done wrong, but these are the things I've done for the last few days before this problem occurs.

1) updated Windows XP SP1
2) updated everything available on Windows Update (include Direct X 9b)

Subsequently I re-formatted my PC and installed everything afresh. But I still see this error message every 2 or 3 times after I restarted my PC. I also installed a few utilities for make sure my PC is running clean (namely McAfee Antivirus (updated), ZoneAlarm Firewall, Ad-aware, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Registry Mechanic). And of course SP1 and all Windows critical updates too.

And lastly, the weather is really hot over here. Could it be one of the reasons too? If so, where do I check the temperature of my PC?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me some ideas. Thank you.

Squirrel Daddy Apr 20, 2004, 09:30am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
if im reading you rite, you say that your PC will BSOD on you after about 2 or 3 mins after u turn it on. thats usually a heat prob. U say its hot rite now. that would go hand in hand. You can check your temperatures in the Bios. i believe therre are some other programs out there that will check the temps in windows.
I would suspect a heat prob as of what u told me now. try cleaning off your CPU heat sink and fan. however if your not knowledgable in this area, then read alot on the net before you do this. u mite have to just replace your FAN on your CPU. this is relativly cheap and easy to do.

brad.

Squirrel Daddy Apr 20, 2004, 09:30am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
if im reading you rite, you say that your PC will BSOD on you after about 2 or 3 mins after u turn it on. thats usually a heat prob. U say its hot rite now. that would go hand in hand. You can check your temperatures in the Bios. i believe therre are some other programs out there that will check the temps in windows.
I would suspect a heat prob as of what u told me now. try cleaning off your CPU heat sink and fan. however if your not knowledgable in this area, then read alot on the net before you do this. u mite have to just replace your FAN on your CPU. this is relativly cheap and easy to do.

brad.

jerry yong Apr 20, 2004, 11:36am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
thanks brad,

i guess i will your suggestion this coming weekend coz busy with work now.

my this problem does not happen everytime i on the pc. it's like 1st time i on, the pc auto restart after a while (2-3 mins) ... but after the system auto reboot (and show error message), i manage to use it for a very long time (surfing, running tests, etc) ... but when i restart the pc again, this problem is or might not occur at all.

it's really ramdom. so i don't really know what's wrong.

btw, the temperature is around 46-47 degree. is this normal?

Squirrel Daddy Apr 20, 2004, 02:36pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
yeah thats a good temp, i just checked mine and Im at 49. so anything below 50 is good.
soooooo...........
if it were me.......next thing I would check is PS......

jerry yong Apr 20, 2004, 09:06pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
sorry, what exactly is PS ??

Squirrel Daddy Apr 20, 2004, 09:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
PS = Power supply

jerry yong Apr 20, 2004, 09:53pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i think there's not something to do with the power supply. i just changed the PS about 2 months ago. previously the PC also auto shutdown many many times (not restart/reboot but totally SHUTDOWN). and later found out that the fan at the PS was spoilt. changed it and everything was ok until now.

i remember that during my PS problem... i didn't see this "minidump" error message at all. only recently after i installed certain files then this problem starts. but maybe you're right. i will clean my pc this weekend and see what happen then.

thanks.

Hansueli Schenk Apr 21, 2004, 03:37pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Folks, today a learned in training all this dam error has to do with the RAM.
Damian Hoffield and Lippo McLippo were absolute correct when they mention in earlier times

""to find that my over clocked CPU was running on a 333mhz FSB, which was in turn making the memory run on 333mhz (CAS 3). One of the memory sticks (TwinMOS PC2100 256MB DDR/CL2.5) didn't like it and was causing the computer to crash. I have removed this stick and now everything works OK (for now).""

and

You guys are running dual ddrs systems! there are usually 4 slots, 2 groups of 2, on most p4 systems. 1st group would be A0 & B0 second group will be A1 & B1...MATCH THE LETTERS FOR PAIRING Dual DDR systems run better with 2 matched stick rather than one.(i.e. 2 - 256 one each in A0 & A1 are better than 1 - 512 anywhere) Motherboards seems to be kinda picky with what Dual DDR they use and if your running more than one they need to be matched or you'll run into all kindsa problems. If your ram is not right....thats your problem!

All is about have 2 Ram stick from absolute the same vendor, with same size. and important
Set your Bios to default settings. Best RAM are Kingston don't care if they run at 400 Mhz or 333 or even 2700 they are still qick enough. Nothing goes over a stable system.

Than minidump is past

Good luck
Hansueli

Hansueli Schenk Apr 21, 2004, 03:49pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Here you can find the right Ram for your Motherboard

http://www.kingston.com/deroot/

jerry yong Apr 21, 2004, 09:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I did 2 things yesterday morning :-

1) uninstalled the latest Nvidia driver that I downloaded from Windows Update.
2) then I re-installed Direct X 9.0b

The PC is running so far so good without any auto-restart for the last 24hrs. I reboot the PC many times and do all kind or testing (Memory, HDD, Graphic etc) but don't see the problem anymore.

And I also figure out that it was not really the temperature. Previously during the time of errors, the temperature was ard 46-47 degree, but now even running up to 49 degree, my PC never hang.

I will monitor for 2 more days and hopefully everything is alright.

Thanks for all the advices and I will update the result again.

Vince Guida Apr 21, 2004, 10:49pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I used to have the problem. Before I started getting the problem, my computer was full of crap. There was so many programs running in the background the I didn't even know were on my computer. So I re-formatted and at the same time, I installed a DVD burner and 512mb ram. That is when my problems started. I figured it could have been anything, considering I had just re-installed everything, and added all my hardware in. I pulled the ram and brought it back to the store, at least until I could figure out the problem. while the ram was out, I was still getting the problem, until I restored my computer to the day before I installed the ram (as wierd as that sounds). So my assumption is that IT IS ALL THE RAM's FAULT. Wether it was because I had ram in two slots, or if it was just bad ram I dont know, but the problem is now GONE!!!!

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.