Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1309 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 26 - 12:26am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Windows Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Squirrel Daddy Apr 21, 2004, 11:08pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp ERROR why?
Jerry yong,

Im glad to see the prob is "fixed" for you. we shall se in time. If you dont think its a hardware prob and it just started happening after software updates. then thats the best place to start.

other then PS, heating, Ram and vid card. those are typically the prob with BSOD's. Ram is always edgy. usually its good from the start 4ever, or bad. thats why its kinad easy to rule out ram. As you can see, others are having fun with ram.

keep us posted.
brad

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
emarkani _ Apr 23, 2004, 12:16pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042204-01.dmp

tom goodwin Apr 25, 2004, 12:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have had this problem since i built my computer back in November and have tried everything listed on all of the posts on the internet forums with no success. I decided to just bite the bullet and try replacing the RAM so out came the trusty credit card and it was worth every penny. The new RAM has fixed the problem instantly and so the old stick is confined to the bin. The strange thing is though that i ran two diagnostic programs on the stick, memtest86 and RAMCHECK PLUS and both of them found no problems. I can only suggest that all those with this problem to go for it anyway and replace their RAM. If it doesnt work then at least you'll have double the memory you had before when it is fixed.

Thanks for all your suggestions which helped in solving this annoying problem

Tom

P4 2.4b chipset
ABIT IS7-E motherboard
2x 512mb PC3200 DDR 400mhz DIMM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5900XT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Maxtor 7200 80GB & 60GB

jerry yong Apr 26, 2004, 12:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I think my minidump error was due to SP1 upgrade.

1st round I tried reformatted my PC, re-installed everything together with SP1, problem remained !!!

2nd round, I reformatted again, but installed everything except SP1 ... been good ever since.

Squirrel Daddy Apr 26, 2004, 12:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
U need SP1 yo, theres a lot of viruses and worms and such that SP1 protects u against.
Not to mention USB 2.0 and much others.
i think DX 9.0b needs SP1 installed to.

Erwin Salting Apr 27, 2004, 10:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Help!!

My PC Always resets in just 20 minuites when playing games with sound enabled. If i don't enable sound it runs ok!. It doesn't restart.
Pls Help me what should I do?

Im Using AMD Athlon 2000+

For your comments just e-mail me at
erwin_gamerboy@yahoo.com

Erwin Salting Apr 27, 2004, 10:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Help!!

My PC Always resets in just 20 minuites when playing games with sound enabled. If i don't enable sound it runs ok!. It doesn't restart.
Pls Help me what should I do?

Im Using AMD Athlon 2000+

For your comments just e-mail me at
erwin_gamerboy@yahoo.com

Kerry k May 03, 2004, 06:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I was getting the same error message and I clicked Windows Update and reinstalled SP1 and all the MS security updates and it fixed it. Do this first before adding new fans, etc.

Kerry
XP Home
Directx9.0b
Chaintech 9CJS
Intel 3.0c
(2) WD 10,000 RPM Rapters in RAID0
1 GIG DDR-400- PC-3200 RAM
nVidia GeForce FX 5600

Erwin Salting May 03, 2004, 08:40am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks,

I will try that but if it isn't work...
Please try to help me more ok!

Thanks pal!

Kerry k May 03, 2004, 04:28pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Here's a thead that resulted from the same error question I posted to the AumHa Forum. The links at the bottom explaining the error codes are good to look at.

Hi Jim. Regarding my error message. I tried Restore but no luck.

When I tried to shut down today the computer started again, automatically, and I get "Serious error" http://www.comcom121.org/images/windowerror1.bmp

and when I click for more details I get
http://www.comcom121.org/images/windowerror2.bmp

Any suggestions?

SystemWorksPro reads no errors.

All else appears to be working fine.

Thanks, Kerry
XP Home

==================

Kerry, does the Event Log show what the actual Stop Error code is?

==================

Hi Jim:

Yes, it did. Category 102, Event 1003.

Since posting I reinstalled SP1 and all MS's IE, Win, and OE security upgrades, to include reinstalling vNidia's driver, and one of those did it. It works like a charm now.

It's amazing to think that's all it is/was, at least that's all it took to fix mine. Especially because there's a whole forum community of modders, with the identical error reports, who are trying everything, from more fans, to new hard drives, to new RAM. One will fix it, seemingly by adding another fan, and many will add a new fan. So many variables.

Thanks, Kerry

=================

Hi Jim:

Yes, it did. Category 102, Event 1003.

I'm looking for the Stop Message - e.g., 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL etc. Is a Stop Message listed?

Quote:
Since posting I reinstalled SP1 and all MS's IE, Win, and OE security upgrades, to include reinstalling vNidia's driver, and one of those did it. It works like a charm now. Unquote

Excellent.

Posted: Mon 5/3/04 12:33 am Post subject:

Jim, I'm not sure where to look for a "Stop Message" but I dbl clicked one of the error events and got

Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007, parameter2 00000cd4, parameter3 02360002, parameter4 856c2a40.

Is this what you mean?

Thanks, Kerry

====================
Kerry wrote:
Not sure where to look for a "Stop Message" but I dbl clicked one of the error events and got

Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007, parameter2 00000cd4, parameter3 02360002, parameter4 856c2a40.

Is this what you mean?

Exactly!

The 0x000000c2 error - often abbreviated 0xC2 - is titled BAD_POOL_CALLER. It means that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

The numbers after it give us information that usually is only meaningful to really mega-geeks - the kind that get high-paying jobs with Microsoft! - but are sometimes worth mentioning because they add a common sense grounding to the problem. For example, the first parameter is 7. That means that some program attempted to free a memory pool that had already been freed. This - when it keeps recurring - is the mark of a bad program and, nearly always, means a badly written driver.

I can't tell you what driver, unfortunately. But maybe this gets you closer?

Here are different articles that gives some clues about this. On the first one, notice the troubleshooting steps after the large table:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/al...p_czgw.asp

This one is specific to one particular video card, but gives an idea of what might be involved:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307151

ROY G May 03, 2004, 04:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
To aggressive of settings in bios.

Kerry k May 03, 2004, 08:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
One last URL from Jim at aumha (all about tracing "Stop" messages) http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Thanks, Kerry

Airwolf 1978 May 22, 2004, 03:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I am having the same problem and error messages. So the PC is over heating. I am going to buy a better cooling fan. Hopefuly that will do the trick.

Thanks for the info on this Forum

Mark R May 31, 2004, 12:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have been doing research in several different areas on the web about this error. Unfortunately, I have come across about millions reasons what might be causing this problem. And I'm still don't understand it.

How I got into this mess.

I got some new hardware:

- Readeon 9800 Pro
- Elixir 512MB stick of memory (times two)
- Intel Pentium 4 Prescott (L2: 1024K) 2.8 Ghz processor
- MSI 865PE Neo2-P

I have reinstalled Windows XP Pro 2 times and did the window updates and hardware updates.
I keep on getting this error. I was trying to do some debugging and I have notice a couple of things.

One thing, why would a motherboard share an IRQ between the AGP slot with 2 USB ports? I'm baffled at that.

Another thing I have noticed is that my processor temperature reading in the CoreCenter software , that came with the Mobo, was reading up in the 50s when I was running high graphic programs ( R4 plug-in for winamp and 3dmark). And It keep on rebooting because of it. Because of the overheating reading, I turned off the autosensing for the fan speed/processor temp. and just put the setting for the fan to max (around 5000 rpms). And amazing enough when I replay the high graphics, I was still reading in the 50s for the processor.

At this point, I was getting frustrated with all the new equipment and I went to a local computer store to have them test out all of the hardware. Sure enough after 3 days of waiting, they told me that everything is working fine and there were no problems with the hardware. They told me to just re-install windows again.

So once again I reinstalled windows and the problem remand when I run high graphics (r4 plug-in in winamp or 3dmark). My computer restarts. I have nothing plugged in to the computer besides my mouse/keyboard (non-USB). internet, and monitor. And the cards that are in at the moment is my video card and soundcard. I have switched out the video card with another one and I still get the same problem.

I have noticed that when I didn't install the CoreCenter software to sensor the processor temp. It seems that the processor temp. is fine.

I have come to the point to believe that this problem is more of a software one than hardware. It might be a slight chance that it can be the memory. If what some people say that memory can be bad even if test are passing.

I'm just getting tried of redoing this thing over and over.

I'm about to try reinstall all of the SP1 pkgs and security updates again. If that doesn't work then I guess I'm reinstalling windows again. And test each update/drivers with the high graphics *sigh* to see when it crashes.

If anyone have any faster idea, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark R Jun 02, 2004, 10:56am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Finally got it to work correctly. I hope.

I had one of my friends come over to look at the problem. The friend of mine is a big over-clocking freck FYI. He told me this kinda of problem looks like the same problem in over-clocking. He said to up the voltage to my processor and my memory by a little. He said the reason why is because with 4 hard drives, DVD drive, 4 USB components, video card, and a sound card the voltage was ending up being absorded by the other devices and cause my voltage to my processor and memory to be lower a bit. Causing the computer to reboot every once and a while.

I went into the bios and up the voltage a little bit on the processor and the memory.

And I haven't had it reboot randomly yet.

I hope this helps some of you people with this problem. I'm not saying this will work for everyone. But this is what worked for me.

Dorevn Lew Jun 08, 2004, 11:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jun 08, 2004, 11:44am EDT

I have the excat problem with Jerry Yong, which every 1st time on the PC, it will auto restart and I have to keep trying several times until the error message. Being use my pc for about 2 years, I did check every thing, and there are all fine. I did try to reinstall DirectX and uninstall the latest driver of graphic card, but still no luck.

I personally not agree with the temperature thing, not sure whether it's the harddisk problem. And I wonder, if I change from WinXP to Win98 or 2000 whether the problem still exist, anyone did before ? Dunno whether Mr. Bill knows it or not

jerry yong Jun 08, 2004, 12:26pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I believe my problem was due to the upgrade of SP1. I re-formatted my PC a few times and installed everything again & again but the problem just never go away.

Of course until I forgo SP1... my PC has been running smoothly since. Some ppl advise that SP1 is very important due to some security issues, but I just got tired with the problem.

I would suggest you try remove SP1 and see what happens for the next 1-2 days. And if you found any other way to solve this problem, please post it here again.

Thanks.

Dorevn Lew Jun 09, 2004, 01:05pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Jerry,

Thanks for your reply, how to take out the SP1 ? The CD that I used to install my WinXP is a WinXP+SP1 which is included. I have no problem using it for the last 2 years till recently. Is it the WinXP problem ?

Thanks

Squirrel Daddy Jun 09, 2004, 05:59pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ahem, If I may interrupt.......
"is this a winxp prob" More than likley not.......
sounds like a hardware issue if it was working fine for the last 2 years.

what hardware you ask?
could be a number of things....I would start with the Power supply (PS).

brad

jerry yong Jun 09, 2004, 11:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
this i have to agree with Squirrel Daddy.

since you problem just started after 2 yrs, then i dun think we've the same issue here. mine was just after the upgrade to SP1.

btw, if you wanna try to remove SP1, just gotto ControlPanel then Add/Remove Program. SP1 should be there between the lines. think you dun have to worry too much about it, since you've the CD, you can easily re-install SP1 :)

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.