|>> Re: SXS.DLL: syntax error in manifest or policy file
I had this error. These are the steps which happened to work for me:
1. I rebooted with the CD in the drive, thinking that might help, but no luck. Same error.
2. I unplugged the computer entirely, then removed the battery from the motherboard in order to reset the CMOS settings.
3. After waiting over 10 minutes with the battery out, I put the battery back in.
4. Rebooted without the CD in the drive.
5. Once the setup window came up, it asked for the CD so I put it in the drive.
6. Setup continued like normal.
I'm not sure which of these steps solved the problem, but hopefully my experience will help someone else!