Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1369 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 07:34pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Sony Vaio notebook battery problem 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Duane Andre May 23, 2011, 11:16am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Sony Vaio notebook battery problem
The battery I received from http://www.batteryrefill.com works just fine, and the the battery manager program (isbmgr.exe) does not need to be removed; and it's best if it isn't removed to keep everything functional. Use the accompanying software. I've charged and discharged the battery several times, and it's functioning quite well.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
john redcorn Aug 10, 2011, 08:59am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

john redcorn Aug 10, 2011, 09:03am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have almost the same promblem my laptop is a Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L, and my laptop does not recognize the battery, BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R0220Q0, 5/25/2007, SMBIOS Version 2.4, can you tell me what to do?

Duane Andre Aug 10, 2011, 09:21am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
John,

Get in touch with the people I did. They really bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied.

slobodan Janevski Nov 30, 2011, 06:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have a sony vaio vpceb190x.after instaling the vaio control centar a mesage apears about the batery: that its not compatible and clik ok for hibernate mode...
can anywone tell me how can i fix it

Theo Corfiatis Nov 23, 2012, 04:57am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a sony Vaio VPCSB 26FG laptop.

The laptop just switched off one day while it was on battery power and couldn't be turned on.

If I plugged in the charger, the computer would turn on, but the battery charge monitor would always say that the battery was 75% charged no more and no less.

When I pulled out the charger plug, the computer would die promptly, and could only be rebooted with the charger plugged in, it wouldn't work off the battery alone.

So I did a little searching around to try to solve the problem and read all the horrific stories on this forum about people taking dremels to their laptops, and pulling boards out etc etc.

Ok my solution was very simple, here goes:

On page 18 of the manual you'll see a diagram:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/VPC...SC1_series.pdf

1. Turn off your laptop and flip it over so you can see the underside
2. find the "Battery Off" botton [4] on page 18 of the service manual

(it's a tiny hole right above the bottom cover[6] and to the right of the Extended battery pack connector cover [3])

3. get a paper clip and insert the end into the hole, as you push you'll hear a click. Hold the button in for about 3 seconds and release

4. Now try booting up without the AC adapter

It worked for me, no dremels, or having to open up the computer or reinstall the bios.

Ok, if this doesn't work then the manual tells you to remove the battery and reseat it. Barring that, I guess more trouble shooting is in order.

There was a comment on about page 2 of this forum about pulling out the battery with the AC adapter plugged in / turned on and leaving the battery out for 5 minutes. This is possibly another thing to try if all else fails.

Hope this helps some people out there.

I have to say it looks like this is a major problem with Vaio laptops which Sony doesn't seem to care about fixing, and must bring them in a screed of revenue because so many people will buy new batteries.

All I can say is wouldn't touch a Sony Vaio again, and I will be getting a laptop for my kids soon, so I'll be looking for something a little more reliable.

Cheers

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.