Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1204 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 05:35pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Does Santa Claus exist? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>
pete mielke Dec 19, 2004, 12:27am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Does Santa Claus exist?
I never thought of it that way. I just think there's no way he could get down EVERY chimney without a single one of them having a fire in the fireplace below.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
chris Oxendine Dec 19, 2004, 02:23pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Maybe there is no Santa Clause. We have no probable clause!

pete mielke Dec 19, 2004, 04:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Clever.....Probable Clause, Santa Clause.....Hahaha nice. Wait....I get it now! Probable Clause! Nice! I bet they're cousins. Santa and Probable I mean.

AZEEM Dec 19, 2004, 10:13pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Does Tooth Ferry Exists????

PEACE! alright??
P4 630@Stock!
Intel i915GAV Mobo
Inno3D Geforce 6600le 256mb 4pipes
Kingston 512x2 PC3200 3-3-3-8
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA (8MB Buffer)
Just Be CoOl
:D Have Fun
Josh Dec 20, 2004, 02:30pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Remember where santa comes from - the North Pole. Also remember what the North Pole consists of - that's right, water. Hundreds of miles around it.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
Check eBay computerman_89
Brendan Falvey Dec 20, 2004, 02:39pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Dec 20, 2004, 03:27pm EST

I would go along with Tom Riscuit re the teleportation in so far as Santa has been around for a goodly time and the only way these days is to stay ahead of the technology game.

seems to have solved the problem of having the need for a receiver must work something like a hologram projector. Could multi task to reduce individual channel bandwidth

If he has solved this problem then 100 miles of ocean is not going to be a problem

pete mielke Dec 21, 2004, 03:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The teleportation thing seems most logical. Way more logical than a bunch of reindeer flying around anyway. Not to mention that "North Pole=Water" thing. Where would the reindeer stay? They would have to be some sort of super-reindeer that can breathe underwater like a fish, yet fly high in the air like a bird. They're reindeer....Not bird-fish. Or as I call them, bish. Or Firds. It's all the same. Getting back to what I was originally saying. For him to teleport, he needs just one highly illogical thing going his way, that being the teleportation. For Santa to deliver presents flying in a sleigh carried by reindeer, he needs to first of all have a bunch of Firds (Which do not exist). Second of all, he needs to defy the laws of physics and be able to fly. It can't happen. Third of all, there are so many things working against him if he has to go down a freakin chimney (see http://www.randomness.us/santa.html). If he teleports directly into the house, he has no worries. Therefore, teleportation, so far, is the most logical explanation.

Kash Dec 21, 2004, 03:38am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
*looks at pete's explanation*.... you're such a buzzkill, pete... lol

Sincerely,
Kash

AMD AM2 3600+ Brisbane (65nm), DFI Infinity UltraII-M2, 1GB Wintec AMPO DDR2-800 @ 667, Sapphire X1950 Pro, 250GB WD SATA II, 500W Coolmax PSU, Logitech MX500, Gateway PS/2 keyboard (circa 1999)
chris Oxendine Dec 21, 2004, 04:16am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I think you guys are onto something with the quantum teleportation, but rather than teleporting himself, he has an invisible atomic reduction modulator in chimneys. The poor parents cant afford a fireplace and they cant afford the modulator, so i have heard that they actually go to a store and buy their kids presents and pretend that they are from santa clause. When their kids get OLDER, they tell them that they bought the presents and that santa clause doesnt exist, so that they wont feel that they missed out on their childhood, for not having a chimney, or a modulator for that matter.

Brendan Falvey Dec 21, 2004, 08:10pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Just a thought I was wondering whether any body could tell me if the teleportation function is a form of the anywhere anytime drive described in "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy". the drive was at all places and all times as I recall and you just selected where and when you wanted to be.

Chris M Dec 16, 2005, 03:42am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've decided to give this thread a little "bump" for the holidays. For those of you who haven't seen this yet, enjoy. :)

Happy Holidays everyone.

--
It is said that when it comes to life, those who feel see it as a tragedy. Those who think see it as a comedy.
Mr. Aveng Dec 16, 2005, 07:05am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
If santa claus existing is very improbable (but not impossible), that would mean he does exist.
If the universe is infinite (like the physisist say it is (but it really isn't)), and the probability of santa claus existing is infinitely improbably (very close to impossible but not quite), that would mean he exists somewhere out there.
Simple equation to prove it:
Probability of santa existing = 1/[infinity]
Size of universe = [infinity]
so:
1/[infinity] * [infinity] = 1

So there's one santa...
If someone can actually figure out what the probabilty of santa existing actually is (and if it's over 1/infinity), then one can calculate how many santas there are in the universe.
Again, this is taken from the hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy but it is all scientifically accepted stuff.

Adam Kolak Dec 16, 2005, 12:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
lol @ Mr. AvenG

Adam Kolak
Moderator, Hardware Analysis
adam@hardwareanalysis.com
DFI LP P35-T2RS | Xeon Quad @ 3.2Ghz | 4GB DDR2-1000 | 8800GT 512MB | See Profile
J H Jan 03, 2006, 02:53pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
You know why Santy Claus is always so happy????? He knows where the bad girls all live!!!!!!

About my spelling, If you say anything about it im gonna hunt your nerdy english aniel retentive arrrssse down and beat the elcrapo right out of you!!!!
I came to this planet to chew bubblegum and kick ass! And I am all out of gum!
Mr. Aveng Jan 03, 2006, 02:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Lol @ J H... I wish I knew where all the bad girls lived. :P

Lawrence Heffernan Jan 10, 2006, 04:22am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Saint Nicholas was executed by the french for stealing presents and giving them to poor kids

Chris M Dec 12, 2006, 05:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Bumped once again for the holidays. Enjoy.

--
It is said that when it comes to life, those who feel see it as a tragedy. Those who think see it as a comedy.
Sean Costello Dec 12, 2006, 06:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
seems logical :P

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Adam Kolak Dec 12, 2006, 06:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The reincarnation of the infamous Santa Claus thread...OMG!

Adam Kolak
Moderator, Hardware Analysis
adam@hardwareanalysis.com
DFI LP P35-T2RS | Xeon Quad @ 3.2Ghz | 4GB DDR2-1000 | 8800GT 512MB | See Profile
Sean Costello Dec 12, 2006, 07:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
answer as to how santa gets people their presents?

Wormholes.

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.