Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1171 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 18 - 03:25pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 1105 Notebook 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
Shiva Sundaram Oct 18, 2005, 01:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Toshiba Satellite M45-S165
Hi,
I have the laptop listed above (bought 1 month back :-( ). I have forgotten the system setup password (thankfully I did not activate the system password also). Now I am unable to get to setup. Help would be appreciated. I have tried backdoor passwords and keydisk. For keydisk it says, on bootup "Remove disk, Press any key to restart"

I am scared to do the loopback thing. Is there any other way, a software flash, a C code (come on, there MUST be some C code!).

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Poloxamer Oct 20, 2005, 12:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 1105 Notebook
This is a fairly common problem with all laptops...with newer toshiba's you need a dongle to remove the password in the bios. Yes you can make one or your autherized toshiba dealer will do it for money.

I have also seen on the web where they sell the dongle's for toshiba for reasonable prices...you have to look :)

Ryan Walsh Dec 10, 2005, 02:23pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105. I dont have a problem with the bios password. My problem is I can't get into the BIOS. I have tried pressing esc at start up and all it does is give me a screen that says "press F1 for default settings". I need to get into the BIOS to boot from cd so i can reinstall windows. I have also tried pressing F2 and that just takes me to a black screen. Anyone know what i need to do to get into the BIOS?

manuel justino Feb 07, 2006, 10:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

I have a problem with a boot password in a Satellite 2450-201, i forgot the password
and i can´t enter to the notebook.
There are someone who can help me to remove the password?

Many Thanks
MJ

Poloxamer Feb 07, 2006, 05:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
[Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 1105 Notebook
I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105. I dont have a problem with the bios password. My problem is I can't get into the BIOS. I have tried pressing esc at start up and all it does is give me a screen that says "press F1 for default settings". I need to get into the BIOS to boot from cd so i can reinstall windows. I have also tried pressing F2 and that just takes me to a black screen. Anyone know what i need to do to get into the BIOS?
]

Ryan, try hitting all of the function keys--f7, f8, f10, f12 etc...

[I have a problem with a boot password in a Satellite 2450-201, i forgot the password
and i can´t enter to the notebook.
There are someone who can help me to remove the password?]

Manual, try taking out the hard drive (and the battery) and if that does not work see previous post by me.

All n All the bios, cmos, hard drive, battery, backup battery all have some function in today's laptop.
It depends on how the orginal security was set in the laptop...either to block the information from ever getting out of the hard drive ( if it fell into the wrong hands) or stop people from changing the cmos by locking the ability to get into the cmos or locking the ability to change the bios/cmos or my favorite It's been lojacked, or all of the above and then some.

All of this is to discourage prying eyes and theft and laptops are NUMBER ONE (#1) on the stolen list of computer items as opposed to a desktop or server or copy machine.

manuel justino Feb 08, 2006, 04:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Dear Dan,
I had already take out hard disk and setup battery, but the notebook still asks for the boot password.
If you have any idea, or someone else to help me, i appreciate.

Kind Regards
Manuel

Poloxamer Feb 08, 2006, 08:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
password, loopback plugin, dongle, reset jumper, flash the bios, keydisk, dealer . . . . . . .

Stav Petrovich Feb 12, 2006, 11:31pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,
I have a Toshiba L10-194, did something wrong with my BIOS pw and cant loggin anymore.
I tried the KeyDisk solution but it doesnt work. Anyother ideas?
Thx, Stav

Stav Petrovich Feb 12, 2006, 11:33pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
FORGOT to mention, its a TOSHIBA Satellite

manuel justino Feb 16, 2006, 09:03am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Hi Dan,

I had already removed the password in my Toshiba Satellite 2450,
with a parallel loopback.
Many Thanks

I have another notebook ASUS A2500H with boot/bios password,
do you know some idea to remove it?

Thanks

Jake Silver Mar 10, 2006, 07:14pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 12, 2006, 03:55pm EST

Here is one problem that I have that will throw you for a looper.

First off, I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S149 with Windows XP Home SP1.

Secondly, Everything works fine except I can not get into the BIOS. It asks me for a password. Before you say anything. I have tried a Password Cracker and discovered that there is no password. That is the STRANGE part of this whole problem. It is asking me for a password when there is none. I decided to go ahead and try the backdoor passwords anyway, but no luck.

Thirdly, I have read about the KEYDISK and DONGLE solutions, but here is where my problem lies. I do not have a PARALLEL PORT or FLOPPY DRIVE. Therefore, I can't do either of these options unless I can use a USB FLOPPY DRIVE. Is that possible? That is the only way I see in solving the problem other than taking it to Toshiba.

Can anyone please help me?

UPDATE: I decided to try the both removing the CMOS battery or shorting the correct pins on the BIOS chip. Problem #1: CMOS Battery is soldered into motherboard. Problem #2: I'm not sure if the BIOS chip matches the ones they say you can short circuit in the documentation. All I see for a model number is EAL20 on the chip itself. To be quite honest, I think I'm screwed on this. However, any help is appreciated.

Pete H Mar 11, 2006, 09:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi All,

I've got a Toshiba Satelite A60-181, yesterday I set the boot up password and today I can't use the machine because it doesn't like the password.

I've tried the key disk approach using a USB floppy disk with no luck, as pressing F12 during boot up doesn't seem to work.

Going to try the 'dongle' approach next, though my soldering skills aren't great.

Jake Silver Mar 12, 2006, 03:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I wish you the best of the luck on that my friend. Let me know if it works. It is interesting that alot of Toshiba notebooks are having BIOS password problems. I've read that Toshiba is notorious for their security on laptops, but this seems almost ridiculous. I wonder if the Toshiba laptops do not accept a blank password? Interesting thought. Anyway, I'm still looking for anyone who can help me out here.

Pete H Mar 14, 2006, 07:35pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba A60
I've now tried all the backdoor passwords I can find, tried the 'key disk' and also made a dongle (loopback) all with no success. In addition I've tried contacting the official Toshiba support people who are not interested unless it's a warranty claim, apart from PCWorld who want £120 (app $180) before they'll look at it irrespective of if they can fix it.

Don't know what to try next. A new motherboard is looking like the only option and that seems extremely excessive.

Poloxamer Mar 17, 2006, 07:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Pete H. where did you buy it from? Take it back or contact toshiba to get a authorized rep in your area...$180 is far less than 600 for a new motherboard.

Pete H Mar 18, 2006, 08:27am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Building the dongle didn't work. So I tried Toshiba again, this time I looked at the website and chose a couple of the ASP's, both of which appeared to be at the other end of the country. After some discussion one of them offered to remove the BIOS password for £60 ($90), the other for £35 ($50) and both had regional offices within 1hrs drive.

I ended up going to a company called Triage who said it would probably take a couple of days, they ended up doing it the next day. So a big thumbs up for Triage.

Incidently the procedure for resetting a bios password on a Toshiba A60 involves both a dongle and a secret number supplied by Toshiba over in Japan and only available to authorised re-sellers. So my advice would be to bite the bullet and find an authorised service provider.

I also got them to quote for a new motherboard, just in case, it would have been £360 + labour = £460 ($690).

nate lewis Mar 19, 2006, 07:59pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a Toshiba Tecta 8000 and I couldn't get in to the bios even if I held down esc,f2 or anything of that matter. So I removed the harddrive and booted up while holding down esc and it took me right in. Thanks for the suggestion.

mike hoang Mar 28, 2006, 06:56am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a Toshiba Satellite 2455-S305 that wont accept my PW for the bios anymore. . I've tried everything from carefully typing it in to making sure the CAPs are off and no luck. . . I even tried all the backdoors and still no luck. . .theres no parallel port to try the keydisk. . argh!!! im running out of ideas. . please help!!

Ulugbek Tursumatov Mar 28, 2006, 07:49am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello everybody I've got Toshiba A65 S1070 with XP pre installed on.
And also stuck with BIOS password, which I forgot. I've tried loopback
stuff, and all the BACKDOOR passwords that I know, but no luck.
Here where I am almost no service for laptops(Central Asia, KG)
so I am really stuck. I am about to try the keydisk stuff, but a little
confused because I don't have a floppy drive, IF ANYONE KNOWS
THE SOLUTION PLEASE HELP!!!!
also I wonder if I can use the CD drive or USB floppy Drive(here I am confused about Boot order
because mine boots HDD first and then floppy, which I can't change)
thanks a lot.

Sincerely Ulugbek.
mlbox@yahoo.com

Poloxamer Mar 28, 2006, 03:34pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - All laptops, Notebooks etc...
1. If your notebook, laptop etc... is under warranty and you forgot your password "try" to take it back where you purchased it to see if they will fix it for free.
2. If it is not under warranty call the manufacturer and ask them for a way to resolve your problem.
3. If 1. and 2. are no help you have the options of taking the computer apart to remove the battery, eprom, cmos and or the security chips--Dongle it (loop back thing) -- remove the hard drive, and boot with floppy or CD---(you may need another hard drive)
4. If 1, 2, or 3 is no help get a hold of an authorized dealer to do the work for you and be prepared to pay 75 to 400 US.

Because laptops are stolen often, it is hard to assist in the repair because of the criminal involvement, however using the excuse "my kid did something" is suspect and only a good excuse for birth control and "I forgot" is a good reason to quit taking drugs. :) When approaching the manufactures or authorized dealers simply say "it won't take my password anymore" and let them think it is a mechanical defect.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.