Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1238 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 06:35am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 1105 Notebook 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
Ramu lo Apr 01, 2006, 06:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 1105 Notebook
The loopback worked for me on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100, it took me about 10 minutes to do with basic soldering skills. Great !!!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
andy cobb Apr 01, 2006, 11:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Not sure if this will work for you but it should. This is what i did to clear the power on password and bios paswords from a tecra s2 with the new gen security chip.

1. Dissasemble the laptop
2. Clip jumper wire to ground on motherboard (usually find this around a chassis screw hole)
3. clip a paperclip to the other end of the jumper wire
4. Run the paper clip across all the pins on the eeprom chip. (just run it over any chip you suspect it may be)
5. Reasemble the Laptop

Thats it your done if you did it correctly you will have reset the chip clearing the passwords and the computer will start up and go into bios or windows as long as there is no hdd password as well

(also this is obvious but make sure you have no power or battery supplied to the mother board while doing this)

Eugene Smith Apr 17, 2006, 06:56am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi.
Can I use bios locked notebook with another Hdd? I do not really need access to hdd, but need notebook for working. So can I use bios protected notebook with another hdd (empty)?
Thanks

Ulugbek Tursumatov Apr 21, 2006, 04:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well I am pretty sure that you can not not use your notebook
if BIOS password is locked. Because laptops save BIOS pwd
on the EEPROM( that means removing
the CMOS battery won't help either) not on the hhd
I had this problem a month ago
(on toshiba satellite A65 -S1070) and the I almost all the things I could, but no luck
I had to pay $25 for one of the toshiba ASPs to remove the password

alex chan May 03, 2006, 01:15am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 03, 2006, 01:22am EDT

>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Tecra A4 Notebook
Hey guys,

I accidently set the Bios password on my second hand toshiba tecra A4. I found out that the bios version which I have on my laptop is not a working one and whatever password i set, the bios wont recognise it. Now im pretty stuck. Whenever i boot up the laptop it comes out "password =", even I type in the password I have set but it doesnt work. I dont want to spend a few hundreds to get it fixed bcoz im on a very tight budget. Moreover, there are none toshiba service provider here. From what I learned from google, loopback seems to be the solution to my problem. I am just wondering if you guys could show me whom is a noob hardware user step by step how to do the loopback thingy? A picture to terminology would be awesome (I dunno how a jumper wire... look like). I am sure a lot of people like me will be beneficial a lot from this. Thanks

Pete H May 03, 2006, 01:39pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Alex,

your problem sounds like mine. I'm convinced that the failure to recognise my BIOS password is down to the BIOS rather than mine, though I suspect that in my case the fault may be due to using a password with a number at the begining rather than a letter. Later this evening I'll try and post a picture of the Loopback that I built, it is very basic and I managed to get away without the use of a soldering iron by using cable jointing blocks available from any electrical supplier.

Even though I used the loopback it didn't work on my A60 and I needed to go into my local Toshiba service centre.

alex chan May 03, 2006, 10:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Pete,

That would be very helpful. I am actually in the process of pulling the laptop apart. Now, I am not too sure what to do next :). Could you please post the instruction about the loopback trick asap. Thank you so much

alex chan May 05, 2006, 11:51pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
anyone knows a feasible solution to this problem yet? Its not that I dunno the password but the BIOS version does not recognise the password in anyway. I found that out from a Toshiba support website (only applicable on my machine and bios version :(( ). Please help.

Seemab Kader May 24, 2006, 12:37pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Bios Password unlock for Toshiba P25
I have a secondhand Satellite P25-S509 w/ a BIOS password from the previous owner. No way to contact this owner due to losing this laptop to a buddy to which he owed money too. Please help. Do these LPT jumpers work w this laptop? What do I need to do?

Aaron DSM May 24, 2006, 04:55pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello all,

I'm the guy who originated this thread.
I resolved my 1105 notebook boot/BIOS lock with "BIOS update".
You might read it on third post for resolution.
I still don't have access to BIOS BUT I can now boot from hdd(had to reload XP).

I've tried loopback adapter with parts from Radio Shaft to no avail. Battery reset etc DOES NOT WORK.
Toshiba is THE MOST difficult laptop to break into in the industry. Period. They have separatesecurity chip.

So, bottom line is that get BIOS upgrade and flash it. That's how it worked(minus BIOS access).
Then, reload XP(if my mem is good).

Now, I think mine had floppy drive(sold it since then). If you don't have make the CD bootable and stick the BIOS f/w in it. Then run the flash to rid of the hdd lock.

Force be with youl,
Aaron

John Brown Dec 24, 2006, 07:10pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
To all and sundry who have problems with Toshiba Laptop Bios Password.

I went on eBay and bought one of those fit in your Parallel Port gadgets ........ already wired .......... received it promptly from US.

And joy of joys it worked ..............

On Christmas Eve .............. best Crimbo pressie I had in years.:P:~:)

Only cost £3.00 including postage ........ airmail.

Try it ...................

Poloxamer Dec 25, 2006, 02:04pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Okay---seems like most problems are solved :):cool: The biggest thing or the most costly thing in a laptop (notebook) is the motherboard. Most name brand companies use specifically made motherboards for a laptop for that day. The same model laptop made 2weeks later may have a different mobo, but they essentially run the same....here are some things you should look for when buying a "New" laptop.

1. Is the bios crash free?
2. Can the video be upgraded?
3. how much ram will it take to max it out?
4.How long will the battery last and can I get an upgraded battery or an extra?
5. What is the maximum resolution for the screen (not the video card or adaptor)
6. Can I extend the warranty past the 1 year limited ? (because sh$# happens)

Laptops break easy and they hold all of your personal information from pictures to your retirement accounts. Protect it with a good carry case and possible with a thumb drive encrypted boot up to the hard drive only, not the bios so if it is stolen the hard drive becomes worthless without the thumb drive. (I usually carry 1 thumb drive with me and the other locked away somewhere) If you canít afford to p**s away 1000 to 8000 on a laptop donít let your kids play with it. Eventually, in the end your laptop should last a good 3 years and hopefully beyond. Buy the most and best you can afford, and back up your data and important information always!

The Mac Oct 09, 2007, 12:50am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> BIOS password reset - Toshiba Satellite A135 - S2386
ReSetting Bios Password on Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386

1)Remove Laptop Battery

2)Take off Memory Cover(underneath - square cover, Sits in middle of laptop 1 retaining screw

3)Using two thumbs spread spring clips to outside and pull out RAM memory.

4)Remove clear vinyl label opposite RAM memory slots in upper left corner( laptop battery slot is on right, DVD drive is facing away from you)

5)Using a magnifying glass (unless you have perfect vision)in the upper left corner you will see JOPEN1 with a white silkscreen square next to it . Inside the square you will see what looks like the letter T over a U. Using a metal paper clip short the U to the Silver 1/4" post connecting the motherboard to the laptop case(this is your ground, it is located above what looks like a silkscreen outline of a chip)hold for 25 -30 seconds.

6) Place back your RAM memory, put in the laptop battery and test start laptop. you should see a selection of F1 or F2 for setup. Using the F2 gets you into the Bios menu where you reset the time and date. Then Tab over to the SECURITY setting tab and change your passwords. Now hit F10 key ,yes to save and your done!

Note: if your having trouble your most likely grounding the ground(that blob of solder about 1/8"dia on both ends of the "silkscreen chip outline"

Dec 04, 2007, 01:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Portege R100
Anyone had any luck with a Portege R 100?

Havent done the Dongle or Parallel port thing yet, but did the open and disconnect battery for a while, that didnt work? Second hand computer so planning to replace mother board if need to? but what a waste.

abdul hussein Dec 30, 2007, 11:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
wait, can u repeat how to remove the Bios password? i have a toshiba laptop A105, please help me. be very specific please. i cannot even get into the laptop
thanks

Steven U Jan 11, 2008, 05:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite 110cs laptop
I have a 1995 toshiba 110cs notebook and the bios password has been set and forgotten. I am not a computer genius so is there any way I can bypass it without opening the mobo or spending 30$?

Thanks

Hunter Xavier Jan 13, 2008, 01:39am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Steve U,

Try this website.
http://criggie.dyndns.org/laptop/tecra530cdt/toshibapassword.shtml

It is a guide to building a dongle or loopback that everyone is talking about in this topic.

Hunter Xavier Jan 13, 2008, 03:35am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The Mac,

Thank you very much. Your method worked like a charm.
Where did you find this information? I have been looking on the internet for
like 2 days straight and just stumbled upon this post.
Does this method work only on model A135 or does it work on other
newer models by Toshiba? The computer I'm working on is a A135-S4457.
Fixing the BIOS issue for a friend who is retarded for forgetting his BIOS password.

Anyways if anyone wants to see some pics of The Mac's method here are the links.
All the credit goes to The Mac.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/HunterX21/Satellite/BIOS_A.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/HunterX21/Satellite/BIOS_B.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/HunterX21/Satellite/BIOS_C.jpg

aggrey vunyoli Jul 11, 2008, 11:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428 Notebook
my girl put a password on my Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428 Notebook and i cant get in its a blue screen and password box for me to enter password am in africa and sending this thing back to the nearest center will take two -seven days and am not sure if it will work help me remove this password please urgent

aggrey vunyoli Jul 11, 2008, 11:30am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: BIOS password unlock - Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428 Notebook
my girl put a password on my Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428 Notebook and she can remember am in congo working there and i cant get my laptop to nairobi any one with a solution i have tried the hacked password the ony thing that looked close was the method of shotting pad 500 but this one has pad 530 help pls

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.