Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1315 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 10 - 07:25pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
123456 123456 Mar 08, 2005, 05:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE)
Im kinda younger than probably most people here and i dont quite understand all this technical stuff. So can you put the solution to the kernel error message in lamer terms?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Pablo Ferrer Mar 09, 2005, 01:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes, CHANGE YOUR HARD DISK :P

123456 123456 Mar 09, 2005, 03:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Okay thanks, now the problem of getting a hard drive. Man i should of go that extended service warranty from hp. Now i got to pay for one. That sucks. Thanks anyway.

Shane Wee Mar 12, 2005, 01:29am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey guys, i have the same damn problem u guys have, it starts of with me starting up the cmputer for a usual game of HL2 (i've read the other post and i also suspect the problem could be HL2) and some other game, or usual surfing the net. Most of the post have the same thing in common, the harddrive makes a clicking sound. I'm pretty sure that the harddrive is not going to die because this has being happening for a long time ( i lost track). My computer has a Nvidia 6800GT, 512mbs of RAM, ST380011A (standard disk drive)(i'm not sure if it is on slave or primary but this is the drive i install my OS on.), a secondary drive which is a WDC WD400JB-00ENA0 (standard disk drive), an Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.60Ghz and a Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ (-C) SiS 648FX chipset mobo. I have also tried reformating, and on some ocations, it says the harddrive is corupted and wont reformat, this requires me to keep on trying and trying again. When i eventually get OS installed everything works fine. (After installing the drivers for sound cards, video cards etc) Usually the blue screen of death appears when i get an internet connection going up or installing a game, (i noticed it happens mostly with freelancer, freeelacner mod manager, and cs 1.5, cs source, ragnarok or HL2. This used to happen when i had my old mobo, which was an ASUS of some kind, i used to get KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR. I was wondering is there any way to fix these annoying problems?

P.S. i would be ever greatful if this problem is fixed.

123456 123456 Mar 12, 2005, 12:47pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Which drive does this ocur in? Drive C or D? And alsowhere will drive c be located? Top or bottom of Drive cage thingy?

123456 123456 Mar 12, 2005, 12:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Oh and sorry to bother you but which type of hard drive would you recomend me buying?

Shane Wee Mar 12, 2005, 06:30pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
c drive, i think it is at the top, i dunno man i wouldnt know anything baout harddrives, but i do know quite abit with gfx cards?

123456 123456 Mar 17, 2005, 04:35pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Just to let you guys know, i was at micro center the other day. i was about to buy a hard drive but thank god the salesmen didnt know much about it. so he sent us to the technical support guy. when i sat down to talk to him he said that it might not actually be the hard drive causing the problem. the mother board also sometimes has something to do with the error. so i asked him what to do, he said it will cost me about $350.00+ to fix my computer. since hp was so smart to put the system recovery on the hard drive. so he said that i should just buy a new one. and i probably am going to. he said that even experienced technicians misdiagnose the problem. they often think that the hard drive is causing the problem so they replace it when it is actually the mother board. i hope this gave you something to think about.

Shane Wee Mar 18, 2005, 12:45am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
It's not the mobo, cause i just got a new one. I foun d a way to stop it, but its not 100% correct, but it worked for me (still waiting to see if blue screen will come up, but no blue screen so far.) Just download Registry Fix 2.3 and use it, but i cost money so i just found a serial on the net and scan the computer. I think it was a registry problem. I'll let u guys know if i get a blue screen.

Jordan Erickson Jun 11, 2005, 02:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Howdy, pretty much a total newb here, i understand (for the most part) what you guys are talking about, I'm hoping I can get a response from you Head Techie Posters;). Well first lemme throw out my problem here. I'm playing Diablo 2 oneday and i get a total freeze up then I get this blue page error and think nothing of it. (Keep in mind this is a pretty new computer ie: August '04) now I restart my system...well restart is not a word I would say, it takes me a good hour or so to do it, i simply sit and watch tv and hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete till it gets me to the 'F8' Page, it was auto highlight on LKGC so i did that one it boots fine, then I'm playing d2 again and Norton Internet Security says "Protected from rapid spreading threats, blah blah" and it was don't absolutely quote me on this w32.sober[@0.mm] i'm pretty sure thats the virusit was saying, so just recently i purchased Guild Wars, and start getting this error as well, and it becomes more frequent, now I have reformatted my computer about 6-7 times now, and finally its working some what, I don't get the Kernal error so often, i get a Missing component or something, i'll have to post it up next time i get it. But i find this rather strange that when i reformatt the most rescent and get everything back on, it says ONCE AGAIN that i am protected from w32.sober[@0.mm] now Try using the FxSober tool that norton gives me and it says my drive is clean. Also I don't think this can be a harddrive problem because now my brothers lap top (connected through the network on a cable not wireless) is experiencing the same problem, but my mom's lap top (connected via wireless) does not display this problem. This problem only happens when we trying playing Guild Wars on my brothers lap top. Also (sorry if I'm rambling) this problem came about the end of May or so, well it wasn't letting me do a restore, and when I browse my restore dates it says Windows XP was installed Once on a Wednesday then the following saturday it was installed twice within 3 minutes of each other. Go figure gateway tech support is no help, they say they will send me a new cd to reformatt my computer, big whoop. Well, I've read above posts and feel that I have a rather unique problem, perhaps it could help and get me an explanation? Well I hope someone sees this and perhaps I can get some help. I want to solve this problem w/out buying a new drive and w/out sending it into damn gateway.

osman kavcar Aug 14, 2005, 01:32am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey every one.. i am new to the site but hell... not to the problem...
i have 2400xp - epox kt6 - seagate sata 80 gb

and experiencing this damn problem in a while now.. let me tell what i ahve done to prevent this blue screen

first i thought it was about my ram modules and bought 512 kingston ddr and also ups 300 watt power suplyy but nooo

then i made my motherboard replaced with a brand new one but nooo

the only part which i am pretty sure is working is cpu coz i had used it with msi kt4av and it was just fine

then i plugged another seagate 80gb sata but noooo

i was crashed and cant think anything else then i blamed the OS for a while but now i really wanna find a solution...

possible error factors are:

1 - seagate sata drives and via chipsets do not like eachother :)
2 - my hdd and my friends hdd are both corrupted :)
3 - XP sp 1 has a bug about it but i read that sp2 has it too

none of them make sense... maybe we try to find the common parts we use for our PCs and together find the solution... and i am gusseing seagate sata drives could be one of them.

i really need help wiht this... i am in a DVDrip clan. i do not wanna mention its name though and i am the locomotive ripper... but that makes me really harder to trust my PC which make other people even harder to trust my deadline about the rips.. i am in pain here :) plz lets help eachother and solve this

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Aug 14, 2005, 03:06am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
G P Aug 19, 2005, 09:39pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi everyone!

I've got almost the same problem for some days. The error message is sometimes STACK, not DATA, and at the bottom of the sreen there is a filename, like ftdisk.sys, atapi.sys, etc., these are the differences.
Before the blue screen there is a very strange noise from the computer, and it lasts for several seconds. During it the machine freezes. This happens more frequently in the last few days.
I tested my RAM, but no problem and I tested my HDD with the Maxtor diagnostic tool, and after a full read test it said, the disk is failing.
So, it's meaning a bad HDD without doubt, or it can be a cable failure, motherboard failure, etc.?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

G P Aug 19, 2005, 10:11pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Some additions:
It's a MAXTOR 6Y120L0, 2-3 years old.
When I reset the machine, it didn't recognized the drives, only a shut down helped.

Robert Wierschk Sep 08, 2005, 12:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi,

I also get this damn KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR with STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE.

System:
P4 3GHz HT
2x512 MB RAM (in dual channel mode)
ASUS P4 C800E - Deluxe
Sapphire Radeaon 9800 Atlantis Pro
Seagate 80 GB (SATA)

Win XP Professional with SP1a

The hardware is all new. I build the system 3 month ago. So if it is a hardware problem I can change the device which is the problem but I need to proof that a device is defect.

We all seem to have different hardware, also I noticed that most of us have a Seagate HD !!??
I don't have one off the games mentioned above so they are not the source of the problem.

I changed the SATA cable and for a month there was no error but than it starts again. I also noticed the system works slower but I hadn't any problem to detect the drive.

I run memmory and drive test software without result. I also can't find problems with the HD logged in the systems Event Log.

So any idea to solve the problem or how to proof which device is reason for the error???

All the systems getting this error seem to have on thing in commen.. the os: Windows (XP)

thanks in advance

Roger Kerr Sep 09, 2005, 12:06pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I got this too:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical information
STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE14AE410, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8F4010, 0x1A170860

WIN32K.SYS Address BF8F4010 base at BF800000
Date stamp 3d6de5e5

I also got "correcting error in index $130 for file 9621"

The computer just stops in the middle of everything. I also got a minidump error previously.

PC specs

WinXP Professional
Athlon 1.33Ghz
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo
PC3200 1GB corsair DDRAM
Seagate 40GB master HD
Western Digital 60 GB slave HD

The mobo and Seagate HD are brand new(less than a month old).

I've been contemplating getting a new HD but I'm not sure its a HD problem from what I've been reading here.

Please help.

Robert Wierschk Sep 10, 2005, 04:03am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE ??? any idea which device

does your HD support NCQ???

Roger Kerr Sep 12, 2005, 09:50am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I don't know what NCQ is. Not very savvy with these things. I figure NO_SUCH_DEVICE is referring to the HD. I might be wrong though.

Robert Wierschk Sep 13, 2005, 04:43am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
NCQ = Native Command Qeueuing. A technik wich allows the HD to reorganize the read write commands in order to make them more efficient.

the HD?? but what shut be wrong with the HD it's working fine all the other time

Shane Schomburg Sep 21, 2005, 07:46pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
OK PLEASE LISTEN TO ME, I had the same problem and I FIXED it. Sorry for the caps, just wanted to get your attention. Here it goes...

I had the same problem. It was caused by a confliction in programs. I had a color adjustment program trying to adjust the settings for a game when it should not have. Anyways, it was an easy fix, try this...

start menu/run/msconfig/startup/disable all

then only check your antivirus program and reboot. Then if you really want to, you can recheck everything one by one to find out the problem.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.