Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1355 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 10 - 07:26pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
Robert Wierschk Sep 22, 2005, 03:38am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE)
how do you find this solution? how does these thinks relate to STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE ????

when you fixed it? I changed my SATA cable - because I thought it's a kind of HD problem - and it worked for one or two weeks and then the system crashes again.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Roger Kerr Sep 22, 2005, 09:28am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ultimately, I got a corrupted registry and I just couldn't boot. I had to reinstall windows. I also reinstalled all the programs that were on it previously and so far there have been no crashes. Thank God. Anyhow, I don't know what the problem was but I think it's what the last poster said; some conflicting stuff.

Dipanjan Ghosh Oct 04, 2005, 02:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,
I started seeing the same KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR a week back on my Sony VAIO PCG FX370 and then tried to reformat my harddrive and reinstall XP. But it stopped about half way through the process and since then it keeps getting into a loop and I cant reinstall. From what I realized from reading the posts on this forum (chris reiterated several times), I need to get a new hard drive. I have two questions:
1).Can I install a new hard drive in my laptop and install xp using just the recovery cds that came with the laptop?
2). Does the new hard drive have to be of any particular specification? My old hard drive was 20 Gb.
I would appreciate it if someone can help me out. Thankx a bunch.

Robert Wierschk Oct 04, 2005, 02:28pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 04, 2005, 02:28pm EDT

>> I need to get a new hard drive

maybe

G. G. Oct 04, 2005, 02:33pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dipanjan,

you should be able to do it. The problem where you might run into is that if you get a larger drive than the original one, which was a 20gb), then the recovery CD will probably only set the new drive for 20gb size and the remainder you will have to create a new partition with or get partition magic to resize the original 20gb to take on the full size of the drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Dipanjan Ghosh Oct 04, 2005, 02:36pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thankx G.G. I am going to take a shot at it.

Robert Wierschk Oct 06, 2005, 05:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
but mind that there might be other reasons for the error than a bad harddrive

I set the registry DisablePagingExecutive to 1 which shoud prevent the kernel from being paged out of memory and so an inpage operation should never happen. but I get the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR again

osman kavcar Oct 07, 2005, 08:15am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Oh my god... i finally solved this damn problem.. as i said before i worked really hard, changed a couple of parts and settings however nothing had worked out.. then i tried with WIN98 second edition and i hadn't experienced problem since..

so i finally conculude the error as an OS error or driver error and\or software error. but those experienced the problem may have the same problem with me or they could actullay have a HDD deficiency or failure...

first of all i had changed my sata HDD's sata slot, i plugged it into the other one now the bios says it had been pluuged to secondary master.. (and i assume u all know that sata has only the master slots)

then only the vital parts remained at the system.. lets name them: CPU and its Fan (Athlon 2400XP 2000mhz and Thelmaltake Volcano 3 rev. 2 ), motherboard (Epox some via kt6 model, HDD(Seagate SATA 80GB), RAM(Kingston 512ddr 400 x 2) and graphic card (Saphire Radeon 9550)... i used this like 2 mounths but nothing has happened.

then i started to use these: Asus Quietrack 52x32x52, Asus 52x32x52 (not quietrack rev.1), LG 52x32x52 and piooner 120S rev. 1.01 DVD rom drives and my Creative Live! value Sound Card.. Used for a while and still worked ok.. and i must add, only my ati driver is patched, so far the others are all digitally signed by microsoft

some where between this step and the bottom one i also strated to use my ati silencer and neons

and continue with USB devices as: RAcing Wheel, Pihhilips fun cam, my kingston memory stick (data traveller 512mb) and a irDA reciever device who all have drivers NOT signed wiht microsoft.. i must add i did not remove any of the usb devices. i mean never..

in every step i backup my system wiht norton ghost. then there it is the damn error in paging...

and i back my system up.. use try the USB devices seperately and i see that the problem is my irda reciever.. i unplugged it an for a mouth i had never seen the blue screen of death...

guys now i gotta go but i will explain the possible causes later today... see you all and i wich u al have microsoftless days :)

Jeffrey Meyer Oct 10, 2005, 09:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0x0000007A code. atapi.sys error
What the hell is this error, it is driving me insane.

I have a nec powermate 8100 tower with a ati rage pro grafics card and a 5 gig hard drive and have installed the latest Ati graphics drivers and the microsoft atapi.sys fix, but I am still getting this error.

I am running xp pro with the hard drive on cable select, the cd rom on master ide 2 and the tape drive is not even connected.

Can some one help or I am assuming the above is true that the Hard Drive is dieing?

Kathy Constantino Oct 15, 2005, 11:49am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 15, 2005, 11:52am EDT

I am not a tekkie, but I was having the same problem, driving me crazy. I updated the latest firmware for my router and the problem was resolved. Its been 5 days since i had the "blue screen" and the kernal message. Hope this helps someone. Kathy

Daniel Armstrong Oct 20, 2005, 02:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I would just like to mention that the STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE part is just XP's way of telling you that your hard drive is no longer responding to commands from the system (lost power, firmware locked up, overheated and shut down, loose cable, cracked/broken solder bonds on the drive controller board opening when the drive warms up, etc.) the proof of this is that even the BIOS doesn't see it after the computer reboots until you power cycle the drive (by turning off then turning back on the computer) if it were just an operating system error and not a drive problem then the BIOS would still see the drive and the computer would successfully reboot. If anyone is brave enough I believe it may be possible to unplug the molex power connector from the drive with windows running then try to open a program. I almost guarantee that doing so will cause this error to appear almost instantly (I assume no responsibility for user data errors caused by trying this). If your computer is having this problem I would suggest a complete teardown of the system for a good cleaning/fan check and to make sure all cables are properly seated. If the problem continues after the cleaning and cable check then I would suspect the broken solder bond idea because 1 person mentioned that it seemed that the longer he left the computer turned off (more time for the drive and controller board to cool) the longer it lasted once it was started up again. I would try drive cooling fans before replacing the drive to see if that makes a difference.

Jeroen Wierda Oct 30, 2005, 01:07am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had the exact same BSoD 2 days ago. I had been unrarring and deleting files for around 4 hours (amking them ready to burn away to DVD to clear space), and then suddenly this screen appeared. I shut down my computer, and tried to reboot it. However, immediately after BIOS check, i received a DOS screen in which (if i remember correctly) the computer tried to boot from network (it tried to optain a DHCP address). After that, it hung. I rebooted it again, same screen appeared but then suddenly the harddrive (Western Digital 160GB of only 1.5 yr old) began, for 2 seconds, make the same noises you hear when your CDRom drive is trying to read a bad patch on the CD... after that, it began clicking repeatitively for 20 seconds, after which the drive shut down... waiting a few seconds, restarting the drive and then dying again.

Now every time i restart the computer, the drive starts making this noise, and then the clicking sounds. Also when I set it from master to slave.

I guess the people above are lucky in that they still are able to move their data to a new harddrive... mine died immediately, without further warning. Upto the day this happened, the drive had been working flawlessly. No scandisk errors, no S.M.A.R.T. mesages when booting, etc.

I guess the data is still on there somewhere.. is there any way to retrieve it?

Badger Radger Nov 06, 2005, 11:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Nov 06, 2005, 11:17pm EST

Damn this thing!

I got it a week ago so my solution was to system restore... which solved the problem until it caught up with me again and now I have it.

I've got a HP Pavillion ze5600 laptop

-WinXP
-40Gb HDD
-a broken spirit
-Moved twice within a 6 month period and still haven't unearthed the OEM discs

Steve Hawkins Nov 08, 2005, 11:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My machine is doing this too (1 1/2 odl dell) Hard Drive is definetly NOT set to slave.
HELP

B Rano Dec 28, 2005, 06:25pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Dec 28, 2005, 09:00pm EST

Hi, I hope that this topic isn't entirely dead. I have similar problem. But everything started
with an innocent freeze. I thought I forgot to speed up my fans before playing games, but I found
out that I didn't. After reboot everything was fine again. But in some days I started getting
BSOD. At first it was KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR. I was installing some software and new
graphic drivers those days. So I tried to install older driver. All the same. After playing a bit
with drivers, system suddenly appeared to be stable. However, after 2 days BSOD came back. I was
looking for similar problems on web, and I found out it can be some kind of memory or disk
failure. I ran memory check, memory seems to be OK. But SMART didnt warn me about anything, HDDs
seemed to work good, so I thought it was some software / probably driver error. My system ended
with maximum uptime cca 10-15 mins, and then freeze or BSOD.
I forgot to mention that I have 2 HDDs (2x200GB Maxtor SATA). So I made new partition on
non-system disk and installed fresh windows installation, same CD as the main system (WIN XP +
SP1). Everything seemed fine, but after installing basic drivers and windows updates, BSOD
reappeared, now it was KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. This was a sign to me that it's probably a
hardware problem. Now I'm trying my best with replacing SATA cables - because of my chassis the
cables are quite bent. So I'm waiting if it'll get stable or not and meanwhile writing this post :).

One important thing to say - I'm no expert, professional nor PC guru, so if I wrote or did some kind of nonsense, I simply tried my best..
If anyone of you know the possible reason of this malfunctionning, please let me know, I'm already desperate.

And for some clues, my PC configuration is:
MSI K8T Neo (MS-6702) motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 754
2x512MB DDR400 RAM
MSI GFORCE 5900XT
and already mentioned 2x200 GB Maxtor SATA disks (not raid) and OS Windows XP Pro SP1.

daniel catalano Jun 28, 2006, 09:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
boot sector virus, or what ever...
so like oldschool virus basically...
brain...
make shure your virus program can get rid of it... if not, whatever bad hard drive
dancat

Damian Ball Aug 14, 2006, 01:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I know this is old, and probably dead, but i am having this problem too. My clients machine was showing these errors, I rebuilt it at my office, and ran passmark burn in test pro on it to se how it went.. not a problem for the whole test duration.

As soon as the client gets their PC back home again.. problems start again.. Whilst the Faulty HDD problem seems likely. wouldn't that have been picked up from the passmark software?

I wonder if the post above talking about router firmware have any merit (although hard to believe) I have pulled the pin on the USB printer, and wireless kb/mouse combo to make sure it wasn't the cause, basically it leaves the router and the monitor.

The monitor is a philips 17" LCD, and I'm waiting for details on the router.

Omi Kamitzu Mar 25, 2008, 11:17am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR Stop 0x00000077 (0xC000000E 0xC000000E 0xC0000000 0x02B98000)
My error looks like

KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
Stop 0x00000077 (0xC000000E 0xC000000E 0xC0000000 0x02B98000)

I just bought this brand new hard drive (Western Digital SATA)

I read somewhere that 0x02B98000 may have something to do with shdoclc.dll, although that doesn't tell me much. I also read (here) 0xC000000E deals with STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE but I still don't know how to fix it, if I even can.

My last hard drive died because of a corrupt MBR. This drive is brand new, new OS, shouldn't have any problems. It appears installed correctly. No viruses. The software running is running on my laptop too and doesn't seem to create a problem. I cannot possibly start over from scratch, I just as well throw my computer on the highway. I could have bought a new computer with the $ invested in this one. Any suggestions will be useful.

P.S. I'm reading what you guys/gals have written so far, and much of it is chinese to me. I can get my way around the computer well, but I'm not up on the jargon or acronyms your using. If you can help, please try to put it in idiot-ese

Douglas Mendes Oct 15, 2008, 03:09pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey, guys. This thread is so darn old but Im having the kernel_data_inpage_error with i/o status 0xC000000E too. I will let you know how I did it when I have it fixed. Its a laptop.

So far I only tried to format and reinstall Windows. But the error is still there, of course. Ill try to clean the fans next.

Giridharan M.R. Nov 09, 2008, 03:10am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,

May be RAM problem. if your are using 256 or 512 MB RAM in your PC, Please try to change 1GB RAM. It may rectify your problem.

Regards
M.R.Giridharan, India.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.