This is coming up for my friend with an hp laptop running Windows XP SP3 in August of 2010.
From reading this whole thread, I'm gonna recommend he try all the freebie stuff
1. dust-cleaning the insides
2. running a registry cleaner (God I'm such a fan of ToniArts EasyCleaner, still after all these years)
3. upgrade his RAM size
4. downgrade to Windows 98SE (LOL, snort...hoo hoo, ok lemme catch my breath here) NOT!
5. upgrade the cooling solution on his laptop (because others above: the posts about *burning CDs for 4 hours*, *playing cpu-intense computer game,* and the *molex iffy solder connection* all seem like they either make sense or come from someone that's really smart) with some radical solution....Sitting the laptop on a window fan pointed up LOL!
6. last but not least, plug all the cables in harder, especially the harddrive ones.
(I signed up just to post to this thread in hopes there's someone else in Mid 2010 that googled "kernel page end" and the title of the second result was the complete error message and therefore, obviously, this very valid thread)
6. (from some other thread...
6a.click Start>>Run type cmd click Ok.
6b.In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter
Note there is a space between chkdsk and /r
6c.You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter
6d. Restart your PC, It will run in 5 sections please do not interrupt it let it finish. But the files maybe corrupt and unrecoverable
I'm a big fan of the free price of option 6. the chkdsk /r option.
No dollar tech-support of B.S.O.D. screens equals
a. kicking it old school like back in the BadAxe DOS days
b. Badonkadonk WhiskeyTango Trailer Park cheep thrillz.
c. good sweet extend hours of sweat equity...like buying a Habitat for Humanity home
c. of slightly more redeeming social value than mindless facebook drive-bys of other peoples photo albums and HTML 5.0 logo drops on Chrome
c. the way folks around here pay homage and devotion to the MIcrosoft Wunder Shizz empire.
c. can I just say my favorite googlewhack woulda shoulda coulda been eurosnob gymbot.
c. google it, I'm pretty sure you'll find just one or two results and that blog is sorta kinda vainly ME.
Thnaks. I was havening an issue with not having a lot to do on a late sunday night until this BSOD from a friend of mine showed up in my lap.
(well if he buys RAM I guess it would be some bux)
HP Pavilion dv2025nr Notebook PC
with these specs
Microprocessor 1.6 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50
Microprocessor Cache 256KB+256KB L2 Cache
Memory 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Memory Max 2048MB
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Hard Drive 100GB 5400RPM
ps M.R. Giridharan, you sir seem to be the shizzle.
Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support