Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 778 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s April 24 - 06:59pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jessie h Dec 08, 2008, 12:15pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR - 0xC000000E code. (STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE)
Hi, I'm so totally a n00b and need help with the same problem

I was looking at a web site an all of a sudden i have the blue screen of death. It said kernel data inpage error and then "dumping physical memory". then when it started again it said boot failure and insert system disk.

Have I lost everything on my hard drive? I haven't inserted the system disk because it will delete everything for sure. Is there a way I can still get some IMPORTANT items off of my hard drive before this thing goes kaput?

any help is much appreciated,
Jessie

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Douglas Mendes Dec 15, 2008, 07:09am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey, guys. Had my problem solved. Had to do 3 things:

- clean the cooling parts - I cleaned it myself but it was not enough. Sent it to a professional so he cleaned it better;
- replace the hard drive - I really think this one started the kernel problems but the laptop deperately needed some maintenance in general;
- replace one of the RAM modules - it went defective probably because of bad cooling issues;

Spent much more money than I wanted fixing those... But I´m glad it was not a motherboard problem. At certain point in time, after I replaced the hard drive but before I had it cleaned and memory replaced, I was having a very scary issue: the screen was fading to white. Really awkward. It was probably the heat causing issues to the graphic cpu too.

I really sugest everyone to clean their laptops once in a while (like every 18 months).

Giridharan M.R. Dec 22, 2008, 05:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
looks like windows corrpution, the data might still be safe,
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-c...-computer/

Pl. try above site.

and also upgarde or change your RAM and reinstall OS again. Check your harddisk IDE cable.

Regards
M.R.Giridharan

Seth Russell Aug 09, 2010, 01:59am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This is coming up for my friend with an hp laptop running Windows XP SP3 in August of 2010.

From reading this whole thread, I'm gonna recommend he try all the freebie stuff
1. dust-cleaning the insides
2. running a registry cleaner (God I'm such a fan of ToniArts EasyCleaner, still after all these years)
3. upgrade his RAM size
4. downgrade to Windows 98SE (LOL, snort...hoo hoo, ok lemme catch my breath here) NOT!
5. upgrade the cooling solution on his laptop (because others above: the posts about *burning CDs for 4 hours*, *playing cpu-intense computer game,* and the *molex iffy solder connection* all seem like they either make sense or come from someone that's really smart) with some radical solution....Sitting the laptop on a window fan pointed up LOL!
6. last but not least, plug all the cables in harder, especially the harddrive ones.
(I signed up just to post to this thread in hopes there's someone else in Mid 2010 that googled "kernel page end" and the title of the second result was the complete error message and therefore, obviously, this very valid thread)
6. (from some other thread...
Try this
6a.click Start>>Run type cmd click Ok.
6b.In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter
Note there is a space between chkdsk and /r
6c.You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter
6d. Restart your PC, It will run in 5 sections please do not interrupt it let it finish. But the files maybe corrupt and unrecoverable

I'm a big fan of the free price of option 6. the chkdsk /r option.

No dollar tech-support of B.S.O.D. screens equals
a. kicking it old school like back in the BadAxe DOS days
b. Badonkadonk WhiskeyTango Trailer Park cheep thrillz.
c. good sweet extend hours of sweat equity...like buying a Habitat for Humanity home
c. of slightly more redeeming social value than mindless facebook drive-bys of other peoples photo albums and HTML 5.0 logo drops on Chrome
or
c. the way folks around here pay homage and devotion to the MIcrosoft Wunder Shizz empire.
or possibly
c. can I just say my favorite googlewhack woulda shoulda coulda been eurosnob gymbot.
or finally
c. google it, I'm pretty sure you'll find just one or two results and that blog is sorta kinda vainly ME.

Thnaks. I was havening an issue with not having a lot to do on a late sunday night until this BSOD from a friend of mine showed up in my lap.
(well if he buys RAM I guess it would be some bux)

HP Pavilion dv2025nr Notebook PC
with these specs
Microprocessor 1.6 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50
Microprocessor Cache 256KB+256KB L2 Cache
Memory 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Memory Max 2048MB
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Hard Drive 100GB 5400RPM

ps M.R. Giridharan, you sir seem to be the shizzle.
[link]http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/921764-solved-kernel-data-...error.html[/link]
Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Dipanjan Ghosh Aug 09, 2010, 10:44am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Jessie,
I was not able to save any of my data. I just invested in a new hard drive. You can definitely take it to a pro and retrieve the data that is on the good part of the drive. They charge from 50 to 100 bucks.
Try the System disk but don't reformat. See if you can boot up and transfer all the data onto a memorystick. If you can't, then its time for a hard decision.
Good luck.
-gus

Michael Senkale Nov 12, 2010, 04:14am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I got this error this morning while i was working on my PC on internet. The PC hanged, I forcefully shut it down, on rebooting, it popped up this msg. "stop 0x00000077" and kernel
_stack_inpage_error.
However i rebooted and it's working perfectly now, should't i be worry that the error might never come up again?, cos i got latest antivirus which i ran and nothing was found. latest SP and latest updates...

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.