Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 667 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s January 18 - 06:24pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

Converting DRM protected WMA files to MP3 PLEASE HELP! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
angryhippy May 29, 2004, 06:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Converting DRM protected WMA files to MP3 PLEASE HELP!
Nice site Tom.

Get Hippied out!
http://www.angryhippy.net
Me at work: http://tinyurl.com/3nvncb3
My rig! A Blah blah.With a blah blah! SWEET! http://tinyurl.com/4yujmff
Da Beast! http://tinyurl.com/3sapr2b
i5 3570K 4.6GHz http://snipurl.com/26r3cot
Win7-8 Pro 64bit
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
j mart Jun 07, 2004, 12:36am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The method on that website didn't work for me. I got an insufficient license error when trying to burn the cd image.

Rob B Mar 05, 2005, 05:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The best way I can think of is to burn the tracks you have purchased on Napster onto a CD-RW. Put the CD back into your computer and use the ripper function on Windows Media Player 10 to convert the track/s to mp3 format - that also gets rid of any copyrights.

Use a CD-RW so you can use it again and again!!!

Harris Walktin Mar 05, 2005, 10:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have used one single program to convert all my protected music.

Advanced WMA Workshop. Works with any protected WMA file or anything else.

- Harris W. -AMD Employee
AMD cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your PC by my advice. My advice is valid.
Michael Geffsta Mar 06, 2005, 01:58am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
When I try advanced wma workshop I get the message can't convert this file. It is drm protected. What is your secret in how to use wma workshop to convert wma files that are drm protected to mp3?

matt north Mar 11, 2005, 07:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i found a way to do it. if you have nero rom on your pc, then should be a program called nero wave editor. what you need to do is change the device settings on the options tab. change the input device to "(wave mapper)". then play your DRM and press record on wave editor. the you can save it as wav, mp3, asf, ogg.

Matt Smith Mar 16, 2005, 10:58am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thought I would be a help to everyone out there....download a program called TuneBite ( search Google for the web address). It has a trial period so you can try it out and see how it works. I have burned two whole MP3 disks with this and it works. Worth the money!!

-Matt

Tony Smith Mar 30, 2005, 04:40pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 30, 2005, 04:42pm EST

Its included in media player now :PPPP
windows media player 10.
Hit tools at the top.choose options,rip music.Choose format mp3.Done :)

Throw your CD in the tray and rip.No questions asked.end result mp3 :)

d b Mar 30, 2005, 06:26pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i tried that Nero Wave Editor thing and it says that it has a problem reading in the wma file...

eurone bhren Apr 16, 2005, 01:17am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
currently unprotecting and converting 5000+ wma songs i downloaded from napster while i'm writing this.. instead of the painstakinly time consuming real-time recording through your sound card, my method let's me convert an average of 5 to 10 secs for a 3 minute long song... interested in doing the same and wanna have the same software i'm using? email me at wmaconvert@yahoo.com and i'll share you what i've got...

david murray Apr 24, 2005, 10:09am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I tried FreeMe but soon as i start it it says that hole

Usage: FreeMe [-V] protected file
Press Press <Enter> to acknowledge error

so i can't do anything with it because i have to hit enter at some time and then it just closes without creating the new file

how can i fix this?

Woody Dewar Sep 20, 2005, 10:34am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I recently subscribed to Yahoo Music for a trial week. After I found out that the .WMA files with incompatible with ANYTHING, I immediatly canceled my subscription. I tried lots of free WMA to MP3 converters, but non of them work. I just want to transfer the songs that I paid 79 cents for to a portable device or CD. I understand a need for copyright protection, but I'm not going to pay good money to download files that are useless. If you're looking for compatible MP3 files, don't subscribe to Yahoo Music!!!

john albrich Jul 18, 2006, 12:36pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Re: Post by Lunatic Asylum Feb 27, 2004, 06:01 AM

It would be helpful if posts would warn up front when something recommended is adware, spyware, or anyware that does anything except perform the stated function.

Daemon Tools is adware. You apparently must install the adware subsystem at least once. It then claims to provide the option to safely remove the adware afterwards if you so desire. I've read enough problems reported by people who rely on the ability to remove adware like this. In general, it sometimes either doesn't remove completely, or it screws up the PC in doing so.

I'm not making any specific claim about the suitability of Daemon Tools, or the quality and reliability of its claims and removal functionality.

Daemon Tools says this about its program, Current Version :DAEMON Tools 4.0.3 X86.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

"This version has an option to install client-side software applications (DAEMON Tools Searchbar and Save Now) that deliver a limited number of behaviorally targeted and contextually relevant coupons, ads and comparative shopping results directly to consumers desktops - without compromising the privacy, security or smooth functioning of peoples computers! No URL hijacking or redirects! In order to support FREE distribution of DAEMON Tools we highly encourage you at least to try out this optional software! (you can remove it anytime later when you wish: via Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs)"

The "option to install" actually appears to be to an option to remove it AFTER it's been installed.

andrew munns Aug 16, 2006, 04:15am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Step-by-Step Guide
Take a look at the guide about how to convert drm protected wma to mp3.
http://www.dvd-tool.com/remove-drm/wma.html
Works perfect.

john doe Aug 16, 2006, 04:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Aug 16, 2006, 04:24am EDT

beings you already own the original cd's just get a mp3 rippper and rip the mp3's directly from the music cd's . theres few out there thats free search for them .

Ricardo Pereira Nov 16, 2006, 09:06am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Here's one more anti-drm guide: http://www.nomoredrm.com

John Doe Dec 23, 2006, 04:08pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

B34NS Dec 23, 2006, 10:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
or you can just copy into itunes and then convert to mp3, thats the way i do it at work :)

Brian T Jan 05, 2007, 10:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Christ is it really that hard? I just play the DRM file on ZUNE or WMP and have my wave recorder running in the background, recording input is set to "anything I hear". One I am done "recording" the track, simply encode in whatever friggin format you like.

CrAsHnBuRnXp Jan 06, 2007, 03:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Brian T said:
Christ is it really that hard? I just play the DRM file on ZUNE or WMP and have my wave recorder running in the background, recording input is set to "anything I hear". One I am done "recording" the track, simply encode in whatever friggin format you like.

You have to remember that this thread was created back in 2004 and this is now 2007. Technology was different then that it is now. It was harder to do that stuff then compared to now.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.