Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1187 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 23 - 07:58pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

New Graphics Card?? Left Wondering? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>
ROY G Feb 09, 2004, 04:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: New Graphics Card?? Left Wondering?
That is what biased people do ,they pick and choose as they please. I noticed you never mentioned all the other things that xt got beat in.You pulled out one thing and say ooohhh ooohhh it`s way better. look at the whole picture.hehe And now that nividia has a good clock speed ,all of a sudden it does`nt mean anything.If it does`nt mean anything then why do you Overclock ???? You do know that this is what overclocking is don`t you ?? Upping the core speed and memory speed ? It amazes me when someone owns a certain product that no other product made is as good as what they own. You do own a radeon don`t you. Don`t be biased,you are totally biased. Now even though the nvidia 5700Ultra has really come on.And I do like them very much, I believe the best vid card is a radeon.Take the best of nvidia and the best of radeon and radeon wins. My opinion. But the statement that MHZ`s don`t matter is biased hogwash.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Evan B Feb 09, 2004, 05:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Im not biased you moron, i speak out of experience. I have owned a ti4600. I liked it but I like my radeon 9500 non-pro even more. When I overclock it gives me a better result than my ti ever did. Never assume, it makes you look incompetent and ignorant.

PS. I overclock cause overclocking a "good" core yields performance increase compared to forcing an inferior one to move faster for more marks in 3d2001se (DX 8.1). Wait till Nvidia makes a true dx 9.0 compatible card instead cutting the memory bus in half, putting in ddr2, dropping the memory clocks by 50 mhz and calling it a "new card" but its still on the weak NV30 core. Don't be drawn into whatever they tell you.

Im not saying to own an Nvidia card makes you stupid, im saying to only think Nvidia makes you ignorant.

Take a look at the 3dmark2003 scores, and if you see an nvidia card in the top 20 tell me wont you?? Because according to you clock speeds seem to make a huge difference.

BTW dont go on about 3dmark veing biased lol cause thats old, they just prohibit cheating....

Peace
Ev

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3000+ (2.1 Ghz)
Asus A7v8x-x BIOS Ver. 1007
512 mb Pc2700 DDR @ 384 Mhz (2x256)
Sapphire Radeon 9500 128mb @ (342/630) w/ Iceberg 4 Cooling
L & C 400 Watt Atx PSU

Brad Cobb Feb 09, 2004, 06:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi guys,
I'm no expert and fairly new to gaming (51 yrs young), but have to agree that 9700 pro kicks ass and I've played all the latest heavyweight FPS games like DeusX2, Unreal tournament etc with no probs.
I bought the card in LA last april cos no-one had the 9800 and brought it back to spain as they weren't available here. I had a new system (P4 3.06 1gig latest RAM 200 gig 7200 HD) built and guess what the genuine ATI card was trashed.After testing on a completly different system this was confirmed so I had to UPS it to Canada ($110 ouch! and took 12 days). ATI quickly replaced it with another brand new card and efficiently got it back to me in spain.happy again.
Tell me, on a machine with my specs , why does the auto install select low res settings when it'll run all the bells and whistles at 1024 x 768 and on up?
Roll on HL2
Thanks for all the tips etc,
Brad

Dan Livingston Feb 09, 2004, 07:25pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hehe yes there is a lot of biased opinions in the world of computers, its like comparing ford and chevy (chevy is better of course :P) but from what I have read and viewed radeon cars are the way to go these days, who knows in the future but right here nitgh now i think imma get a 9700 or 9800 pro, now if i can only get a good deal on one...... :D

Floppy

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440
Justin Feb 09, 2004, 07:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I used to have a GF4 Ti4800... that card was very nice it made all of my friends get new video cards and it was funny... but i still had a better card. So then i deside its time for an upgrade so i got the 2nd best video card on the market the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro... this card can dance around my GF4 Ti4800.

Why do you say, did I go to ATI and leave Nvidia. Its simple, performance, why does that make a difference, when you look at the numbers ATI does much better than Nvidia does in most tests. That members of HA is why ATI right now is the best buy its not the clock speed, its not DDR 2. It is how is my game is going to play under the system that I use. Right now Nvidia just does not preform... right now ATI does. So when the numbers go back to favoring Nvidia then i will go back to Nvidia. To me right now ATI is king and the runner up Nvidia is trying to find away back to the performance crown.

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Feb 09, 2004, 08:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Evan i didnt know u had an L & C Technology Inc Powersupply, how does urs run???

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Feb 09, 2004, 08:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Roy Upping the Core on a already Good Graphics Card like the 9700 Pro is great, upping on the GF 5700 is useless.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Feb 09, 2004, 08:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Think of the AMD/Intel Battle.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Feb 09, 2004, 08:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dont Get me Wrong Roy, GF had some Great Cards, I owned a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 GTS Pro 64MB(GF 2GTS Pro) but their FX series just sux, Hmm I really wonder why they changed the name from GF 5 to GF FX, they seemed to be doing better with the Number series than the letter series, XT for Nvidia doesnt Mean XT for ATI, XT for nvidia is just like the MX series they had for GF 4 and GF2.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Feb 09, 2004, 08:51pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
dan i like ur thinking as of comparing Vehicles, Altho i own a ford Bronco(not the POS Bronco 2 that flips too for a normal driver easily) but that was given to me as gift so thats what i drive, i dont like Ford its just what i drive but at least i will be able to find parts for it, besides i dont plan on keeping it for more than 2 years, I want a 4 Door 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 2WD.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
ROY G Feb 09, 2004, 10:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I know what xt means,I was referring to the earlier post made. What I do mean is you can`t fairly compare a fx5200 to a 9600 or a ti 4200 or 4600 to a 9800pro .Then make a comment that radeon is way better than nvidia. I said earlier that apples for apples, that I thought radeon was the better card. If anyone took the time to read it. This is the problem ,you don`t look at comparing apples to apples. You can`t compare a radeon 9800pro with a fx5200 SILLY. But you don`t just say my card is better than your card.How childish.I like a good debate as well as any of you,but I like to debate with someone reasonable,not with a kid who`s daddy bought him a good PC ,then for Christmas he got a 9800pro and because he owns it ,that makes it the best in the world. Fords and Chevy`s Comparing a lincoln with a chevette how stupid. Try comparing Pinto and Chevette,and be reasonable. Are you reasonable when you tell someone with a problem with their PC,that it is getting slow. To go buy a new PC ? Because you don`t have to work and pay for things and the other guy does,does this give you the right to down what he owns ,NO. Try being a little more respectful with people when you are saying this is better than that. Why make some poor guy feel he has junk because you can afford the very best. Childish Try thinking of this the next time you tell some to buy a new cpu because his is junk,or get a vid card like the one I have your s is useless.

1 Feb 09, 2004, 11:08pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Dan Livingston Feb 09, 2004, 11:50pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well I checked out newegg.com and they got some great deals BIG problem being im here in canada eh? so i can't order anything off of them, and there are no priced here in canada that even come close to buying off Newegg (using the exchange rate calc) they are all at least 40+ dollars priceier :( Any other suggestions for a guy on a budget?
Floppy

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440
Dan Livingston Feb 09, 2004, 11:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hehe airman glad to hear its not a bronco 2, man dont even get me started on those so called 4 wheelers. I am glad to see you are looking into a chev nowww only if it were a 4wd:D I drive a 79 blazer 4x4 on 35" boggers ( all my toys are bought and paid for by working 65 hr weeks in the summer and now 25+ hr weeks while i grad gr.12 :D) so thats why im not rushing into buying anything because money is tight and hard earned around here (no money from mommy or daddy thats for sure)

Thx guyz
Floppy

And its still always been chevy (LIKE A ROCK!)

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440
ROY G Feb 10, 2004, 12:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Sure Dan,send me the money for the card ,I will order it,ship it to you ! How`s that sound ?? Of course you will have to pay shipping. And why can`t you order from them ??

Dan Livingston Feb 10, 2004, 12:41am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
They don't ship to canada, as far as i know???

I live in Kelowna BC (british columbia :P not before christ ahah just bugging)

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440
ROY G Feb 10, 2004, 12:51am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I lookedat that 9800pro posted ,from newegg.com And I buy all my stuff from them. But that card is $217.oo every day on pricewatch. Now the 9800 xt I really like.

Dan Livingston Feb 10, 2004, 01:02am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well i just saw a 9700pro for 160 us on there sooo thats $213 canadian which is awsome see now thats a deal for me, if i could only get the to ship it to me!!!! or maybe roy :P

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440
Evan B Feb 10, 2004, 01:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 10, 2004, 01:25am EST

Hehe Airman my psu runs fine so far... I dunno how to tell if its giving me crap or not?!?!? But I got it for 38 bucks (CAN) lol so no worries. :)

Dan hey man I live in Canada too, try http://www.dangeo.com, http://www.ncix.com, http://www.canadacomputers.com, http://www.tigerdirect.ca and http://www.pccanada.com theres some real good prices there.

BTW Dangeo is in Alberta and NCIX is in youir neck of the woods. Just FYI.

I know how you feel too lol cause there are alot more 9700s and older GF4 TIs in the states then here but we cant order to ship here!!! :( Seems like were on an island... lol (being all the way down south and all... ;))

Hey Roy man, my prayers are with you. :)

Peace
Ev

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3000+ (2.1 Ghz)
Asus A7v8x-x BIOS Ver. 1007
512 mb Pc2700 DDR @ 384 Mhz (2x256)
Sapphire Radeon 9500 128mb @ (342/630) w/ Iceberg 4 Cooling
L & C 400 Watt Atx PSU

Dan Livingston Feb 10, 2004, 01:41am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah i checked out all those sites and no great deals, not bad but not great. I really want a 9700 off Newegg anyone got any good ideas on how to get it here?!

FLoppy

Xp 2500+
k7n2 delta mobo
512 ddr pc3200 400fsb
Chenbro Gaming Bomb Case
gf4mx440

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.