Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1451 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 13 - 07:33pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Dead Toshiba satellite Pro 4600? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Vasu Kadamakudi Sep 08, 2007, 12:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Dead Toshiba satellite Pro 4600?
Hi
Thanks to all of you involved in this. I had the same symptoms as described by many of you. All I had to do is read this forum and I found the fix. I removed the RAM form one slot and fixed it into the next one and happy days the Laptop now works fine. Thank you all

Vasu

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Andy Kurniawan Oct 24, 2007, 03:45am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks for those who contributed their opinion on this issue. About a couple years ago I started to have this issue and I'm a little bit surprised that until recently people are still experiencing this. My problem was with the memory slots (yes both of them!), perhaps the others' are related to power supply module, CMOS battery, etc. Long story short, it was caused by the bad contact in some of the pins. Tired of having to use the paper-wedge trick, I finally got my SP4600 working (properly) again, with both slots, now I've got a whopping 512mb of RAM alive and kicking. In fact I'm writing with it after resuming from stand-by.

jonathan lemay May 27, 2008, 11:10am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi everyone

I had the same non booting problem. The light of power was turning on but nothing on the screen. I had the same problem with the RAM contact. I followed the suggestions of Patrick Valade and Koen Brughmans and it work fine!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your help guys.
This is what is great about internet! Sharing information!!!!!!!!

Sheers everyone :)

Vassilis Par Aug 16, 2008, 04:58am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all

I had the same non booting problem. I swapped the RAM position and everything is OK now .

When i was trying to boot and the front LED went ON i tried the "CapsLock" it didnt light the "A" LED but the "Fn " was lightinig its LED (next to "A" LED)

Many thanks to all of you

David Pollack Aug 15, 2009, 06:03am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all!
I'm in a big trouble, hope you can help! So my friend brought his Satellite pro 4600 yesterday to me because he wants to sell it. The laptop was working perfect for the last 3 years. I turned it on, everything was fine, I was surfing on the internet, when suddenly the windows xp stopped, I can't do anything. So I wanted to reset it. I pushed the power on button for about a 15 seconds and it has turned off. I have been waiting for about 2 minutes, then I wanted to turn it on again. And than, the big big problem happened:
The power on led on, a "click" and nothing happened, the screen is black, I can't do anything.
I have read the hole topic to find the answer, I tried what John Roberts said:
So I pulled off the CMOS battery wait 1 hour, turned on without ram but same thing. Then I installed the ram to the nother SLOT but nothing. I tried to push down the ram while powering on the laptop but nothing. What should I do? Maybe the motherboard has broken down or what is my problem?
Thanks a lot

michael houda Feb 15, 2011, 09:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i had the same trouble my Toshiba Satellite pro 4600 laptop will not turn on if the ram is bad the laptop will not power up i swapped a working ram from my other Toshiba Satellite pro 4600 laptop that powers up& the other Toshiba Satellite pro 4600 power up now

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.