Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1190 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 23 - 06:45am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Sony vaio won't turn on - no power, no lights at all 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
ellen han May 23, 2012, 10:56pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Sony vaio won't turn on - no power, no lights at all
i guess that there is something wrong with your sony vaio battery --- thirdshopping.com offer best electronics including laptop batteries,car electronics and consumer electronics. Best prices, fast shipping and top-rated customer service from Thirdshopping.com.All products are made of best materials.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Sujit S Jul 02, 2012, 06:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jul 02, 2012, 06:30pm EDT

Hey I also have the same problem, with my VPCEB14EN, It just suddenly went off. Since then i am trying to switch it on, and all I can see is the power LED and the other orange LED flash and go Off permanentely and then if i try doing it again, it wont even flash this time, unless, i reset the battery and/or the power cord,
I tried a lot to find the cmos, but failed to do so, does this model have one anyways, coz I read in some posts that, few laptops have a chip kind of thing instead.
and i have tried that HOLDING POWER BUTTON FOR 2 MINUTES also,
Please suggest.
Thanks in advance!!

Erika Cabrales Jul 13, 2012, 09:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, I'm having a similar problem and i'm not too tech savvy. I have a sony vaio VPCEB35FX and while i was playing one of my games for perhaps an hr while plugged it with the battery and it completely turned off. I don't usually have the battery on it but today I did.

I held the power button and tried it with the battery and not plugged in. Then I tried to turn it on without the battery while having it plugged it and nothing. No light, nada. Can anyone help me out here?

Norman Epps Jan 02, 2013, 11:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a friend who is extremely intelligent but he is a complete jerk when it comes to helping others. Even thought he doesnt know it he is helping you all wtih this problem because i had this problem years ago with the 17" HP laptops. I took it to him and worked on it for about thirty minutes and told me its the power management chip on the motherboard. I dont know why it happens but it seems to happen more often every since about 5 or 6 years ago. Sometimes draining the machine of all its power and shorting the battery gives it life again for and unknown amount of time. Seems the only sure way to fix it is change the power management chip. If you can solder two wires together you can change this chip.

Rebecca Childs Jul 02, 2013, 07:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I Have a VPCEC2SOE and it wont switch on. When you press the power button it makes a slight noise, the screen stays off, then after about 30 seconds the fan kicks in and it switches off completely. i have had this problem intermittently over the last year and it has been to the repair shop who did replace a loose memory chip (or something very similar), the other times it has just started working for apparently no reason. Although I am software savvy I have no idea about taking apart a computer. If there is some info I could give some body who can do this it would be great as I have no money for a new computer and I rely on this for my work (I am a Virtual PA)

Thank you

Rebecca

Raj Shrestha Aug 31, 2013, 05:02am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi,
I am also have same problem.............. :( did you get it solved????Please let me knw............ It would be grateful......

pudio widias Oct 04, 2013, 04:52pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
try replace your Cmos Battery

bobby smith Jan 15, 2014, 11:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I'm having the same problem with my sony vaio pcg-2a1m/ VGC-IT2S

It were just turning itself off and then I'd have to wait an hour or so until it came back on

Now its completely dead - power is going to the ac adapter but no power/lights at all on the computer. Its been a week now. Checked/re-seated the ram and re-seated the HDD and so far cannot see any loose cables etc or obvious burn out - albeit, I haven't completely stripped it back yet

This model is the all in one desktop model.

Struggling to find the service manual/disassembly guide for it online...any suggestions ?

humbert senf Feb 18, 2017, 10:47pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have the same issue with my vpc-sc41218, dont turn on, any ligts, no sound, im thinking that can be the mother board,

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.