Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1130 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 17 - 03:11pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

ati2dvag.dll Please help 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Next >>
A T Sep 10, 2006, 10:39am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: ati2dvag.dll Please help
Is it possible that Black&White2 doesn't support ATI Mobility?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Ignacio Bustamante Sep 17, 2006, 10:36pm EDT Report Abuse
i have the same problem with my thinkpad a30, it has some color lines and nothing can stop it, the lines start displaying since i turn on the compputer, before the IMB screen is shown, i think that is because i updated the bios but i dont know how to remove the new bios to change it for an older one, the one i had before, any sugestion?

nick vaughan Sep 18, 2006, 05:35am EDT Report Abuse
the latest ati control panel needs the latest net framework 2.0 to work correctly

as to the dll error as stated by others use the uninstall tool and delet the support file in your drive

then reinstall your software from your disk.(basic drivers)

using add remove .....remove the display driver..

then install the latest display from ati site.

personally i have the ati 9550 256mb card and it serves me well

with all the latest drivers and control panel

ps dont kick the pc ....even tho you feel like it ....happy fixing...

boby gangsta Nov 01, 2006, 06:03pm EST Report Abuse
ok...i experianced the problem with this ati2dvag.dll like 3 hours ago. I was playing silkroad online, and the screen freezed. it was freezed for the next 15-20 sec, and then the eror came. Your ati2dvag.dll isnt compatible with Windows XP. So than (after the low resolution and 4 bits, reboot,..), i checked the ati2dvag.dll file and saw this:
ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver. And i thinnk that the problem in my case is, that the drivers instaled on my computer (its running on XP from the beginning i bought it) are for Windows NT. But that's BULLS**T. Soo...what should i do?Should i instal the drivers for Windows XP ;)?And if soo, can any1 post an EXACT URL?
Tnx, and sorry for my english.

Or would it be enough to delete the file?

Preben Madsen Nov 11, 2006, 04:07am EST Report Abuse
Hello! I am having the same problems, they occurs sometimes only when I am surfing on the web and Im having problems with the game Medieval 2 Total War. I have updated to the latest driver from ATI and have changed to PCI to PCI thing, but nothing have changed.

I have all the graphics on low in the game.

Here is my dxdiag. (two places in case one of them dont work)
http://home.no.net/tspe/downloads/DxDiag-2.txt
http://www.orresnei.com/preben/downloads/DxDiag-2.txt

I've having problems with the ATI Control Center btw;
When I go into the 3D -section a lot of the undersections there get an error, and have to quit...

Cliff C Jan 11, 2007, 08:33pm EST Report Abuse
I am getting this same error message. I just rebooted my computer from scratch (all original settings to where it was when i bought the computer)

MS Windows XP
Gateway P4 CPU 3.00GHz
512MB of ram

Mark Griffin Jan 22, 2007, 02:49am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: ati2dvag.dll Please help -- NEW SPIN?
What an amazing thread - going back 3 years? OK, now I have a variant of this problem that is torturing me. Only I don't have it when a single user logs on to my Windows XP SP2 system. I have it when switching users. And it's not an infinite loop error. System has been really stable for more than 2 years. But this just started happening about a week ago. When 1 user uses the windows key + L key to go back to the login screen, and a different user tries to log in, BAM! BSOD. The message that appears names the ati2dvag.dll driver and then this:

"terminal server driver made incorrect memory reference"

During the first user session, the system is TOTALLY fine. No issues, can run for days without a hitch. Only way for the second user to get on is to reboot.

Did a Windows XP repair install of SP2, did a complete wipe of the ATI drivers, using the drivercleaner route mentioned before, etc. and the problem is still there. Seems to smack of a bad memory chip but haven't had a chance to play memory bingo yet (pull a stick, test, swap the stick, test, etc.). If it were a bad memory chip, why wouldn't a single user see the problem at some point? Never does.

Anyone seen this variant yet? And by the way, ASUS P4P800E M/B with Intel 865 chipset (NOT VIA).

P4 2.4G
512Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128M

Thoughts?

serene - Jan 23, 2007, 08:34am EST Report Abuse
Sorry I know this is an old thread.

My computer has been working fine, until recently when I started playing World of Warcraft again. It's basically the same problem here, WoW crashing, then when I go back to the desktop, there's an error message about my ATI driver being unable to function and screen resolution reduces from 1280x800 Highest 32bit to 800x600 Low 4bit.

After a reboot, it's back to normal but happens everytime in the middle of a Warcraft game.

Here are my system 'thingys' (sorry I'm not really a techie =/)

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Builld 2600)
System manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard
System Model : Compaq Presario X1000 DN592A#UUF
BIOS : EPP runtime BIOS - Version 1.1
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1300MHz
Memory : 768MB RAM
Page File : 426MB used, 680MB available
DirectX version : DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

And..my display device (which is probably causing problems)
Device
Name: MOBILITY RADEON 9200
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: Mobility Radeon 9200 AGP (0x4C66)
DAC type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory : 32.0MB
Current Display Mode : 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor : COMPAQ 1024
Drivers
Main Driver : ati2dvag.dll <-- 'tis the file name which is 'erroring'
Version : 6.14.0010.6436 (English)
Date : 5/15/2004 18:29:34
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI version : 9 (or higher)

So erm, can anyone advise me on what to do and how ? Thanks (:

Ron Bergeron May 05, 2007, 12:08am EDT Report Abuse
I believe I have found the cause of the ati2dvag problem. I tried every possible setting of the display modes and downloaded many drivers. I tried many 'fixes' found on the internet. It turned out to be a virus or spyware. Norton antivirus did not detect it. I will admit my virus definitions had not been updated for 2 months due to my not renewing Norton. However I can see that this problem has plagued folks for years. I am summarilly disappointed in Norton.
I found I had access to Earthlinks' virus and spyware software due to my current earthlink subscription. I had to completely remove Norton to avoid conflict with Earthlink but I'm glad I did. Earthlink found 8 virus/spyware items. Upon their removal my system works great!
To recap, my system would freeze after several bizarre display symptoms: flashing lines on the screen, ghost images, lack of contrast, all leading to system freeze and innumerable reboots. The dreaded bluescreen would appear in many instances, stating that the ati2dvag file was causing an infinite loop; Windows was shut down to protect the computer, etc.The problem varied widely in how long it took to show its ugly head. The problem seemed to arise faster when coming out of hibernate mode.
Many of the fixes seemed to solve the problem for awhile. Apparently the virus/spyware would launch undetected and corrupt the ati.....dll files. This led me to be fooled repeatedly by registry repairs and driver installs.
Additionally, as Serene stated, many times when the system was rebooted from bluescreen/freeze state, the display parameters would be altered, different resolutions mostly.
I have a Dell E1505 sporting an ATI X1400 256 Meg video card. Almost bought a new card before I got the correct cure! Dell's advice (bless their little hearts) to d-load a driver was a temporary fix and ATI was silent on the problem. I now have my acceleration maxed and am able to use overwrite mode.
I am astonished that this problem has gone unresolved for so long! The litany of ati2dvag problems that people are reporting is outrageous. A Google search turns up hundreds of blogs on the subject.

Ron Bergeron May 12, 2007, 02:48pm EDT Report Abuse
I might need to eat crow here

Ron Bergeron May 12, 2007, 03:02pm EDT Report Abuse
My ati2dvag problem resurfaced again. What a nightmare! After downloading several trial virus/adware tools I noticed that each tool found a virus/adware item that none of the others found. Of course, each vendor wanted me to buy their particular software that only their tool found. This fact adds to the perplexity of the dilema or, shows me that the problem is not related to virus/adware problems.
After reviewing the Dell forum on the subject of ati2dvag BSOD problems it appears that there is a run of bad video cards. The only problem with this is the fact that the problem appears on a wide variety of ATI cards. Hmmmm.
People are reporting that they have tried innumerable drivers from a variety of vendors, reloaded entire OS's; BIOS and program updates with no cure yet. Incidentally, rolling back to IE6 from IE7 appears promising. People are shipping computers to Dell and getting them back to have the same problem. The intermittent and highly random nature of the error adds to the frustration. As a lifelong electronics repair tech I know how frustrating intermittent problems can be and I have to sypathize with Dell. It is very difficult to accurately ascertain that an intermittent and semingly random problem is cured. Humorously, I have had a problem reappear as the customer was either signing the check or they could see my taillights fade away as I left their house.
The volume of people experiencing this problem is growing on a daily basis. We need to get some answers form ATI or Dell.

Joey Brice May 12, 2007, 03:08pm EDT Report Abuse
if you had just listened to my first post i made about this, then it would be fixed.

GtoX (capt Guns) May 12, 2007, 03:14pm EDT Report Abuse
I know what the problem is i had the same exakt problem before... you need to install .net framework 2.0 in order to make it work, because the newer catalysts require 2.0 at least to function...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856E...laylang=en

if it dont work, then i have no idea...

Main Rig--- 2700k @ 3.7ghz ,Scythe Samurai ZZ @ 54c load ASUS DCII GTX570 780mhz@64c load, P8P67-m Pro, 2x4gb xms3 1333mhz, 128gb SSD + 4x500gb lagring, OCZ Modxstream Pro 600watt, In-win Dragon Slayer 140mm+120+96mm,120mm
Ron Bergeron May 12, 2007, 03:58pm EDT Report Abuse
what page is your first post on (1-7)

Ron Bergeron May 12, 2007, 04:00pm EDT Report Abuse
Joey Brice...what post are you referring to? Can you direct this retard to the right page, post number or repost it? Thanx, Ron

Joey Brice May 12, 2007, 04:23pm EDT Report Abuse
surely, I said before, for those using Service Pack 2 on xp, ati has problems with it. I had to uninstall SP2. After that i used dna-drivers. Search on google. Dna drivers were made by a website to help out with all this trouble ati catalyst gives. About every 15 mins i would get the blue screen of death. After investigating this problem i followed dna-drivers instructions and pow my computer runs better then ever. I think the actual driver site is down. So i would suggest looking for other download locations for them. If you want to try , i believe the site is http://www.dna-drivers.com/ Check em out, hoppe it helps... the last time i was on this site was the last time i got the blue screen so you never know maybe they made a sp2 patch fix. Good luck ron

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 May 12, 2007, 08:19pm EDT Report Abuse
sounds like there is alot more going on besides just the driver. I have yet to encounter problems with the Drivers from ATI.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Balla Zoltan May 17, 2007, 10:08am EDT Report Abuse
Hello all
A had the same problem, but I found that desabling Hardware acceleration option from the ATI MOBILITY M6 Grafics card settings resolved the problem...
I hope this will help you.

Al-CID Jul 03, 2007, 08:24am EDT Report Abuse
heeelp!!! i got the same problem and i got bluescreen of death
ati2dvag.dll
here are my specs:
intel core 2 duo E6300
DA ati radeon X1950gt 512
Vista ultimate
2gb kingston

Please help, i think the driver isnt compatible with my OS
:(

Regards,

AL CID (read: EL-SID)
Not-A-Moderator - Hardware Analysis
Email - hyde9@rocketmail.com
Ron Bergeron Jul 03, 2007, 01:32pm EDT Report Abuse

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.