Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 746 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 11:17am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

Password protected Hard drive 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sunny Chen Nov 21, 2005, 06:03pm EST Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Nov 21, 2005, 06:36pm EST

>> Re: Password protected Hard drive
I am trying to help those who have IBM latest model like T40, T50(the expensive ones) with password problem(excluding hard drive password), only the expensive ones worth repairing.

Hard drive password cannot be unlocked without external hardware. I believe so.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Keith Schawel Nov 21, 2005, 06:10pm EST Report Abuse
Sunny, I doubt you'll get many responses from us for two reasons:

1) We are trying to figure out how to fix it ourselves and are not willing to pay for it. I have two hard drives that need the password removed and I don't care either way if it gets done. I am not willing to pay anything over a dollar or two because I could just buy a new 4GB hard drive to replace it.

2) You aren't even on the same subject. At least offer to fix the problem that is the original subject of this thread.

Thanks though =)

paul carter Nov 22, 2005, 09:18am EST Report Abuse
I also have a problem with HDD password!.

The laptop HDD is an IBM Travelstar. When the laptop is switched on, it asks for the password & will not go any further. Tried it as a second drive (USB) but it does not show up in the directory structure. So U can NOT see it at all. (ps. The OS is WinXP). Any suggestion as how the password can be reset/ removed / erased / deleted. (ps. have already tried the ATAPWD with no success.

Thanks...

Bobby Bowling Nov 23, 2005, 10:47pm EST Report Abuse

Edited: Nov 23, 2005, 10:49pm EST

Locked hard drives can be easily unlocked; however, all data will be lost. I've done this when hacking my UltimateTV (to install a larger drive, then reuse the old "locked" drive in a PC) and used the same program to unlock a Travelstar I inadvertently locked in my Thinkpad 770ED. (I used a desktop PC and a 3.5-2.5" adapter.) The program you need is mhd3.exe.

Go to this link to download mhd3.zip without having to register:
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363885

This link provides good instructions but you have to register to download:
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25827

This thread has been locked by forum moderators and no further posts are allowed.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.