Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1182 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 12:48am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

Problem with USB flash drive 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mario Neil Aranda Aug 03, 2010, 10:45am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Problem with USB flash drive
hello..

i have the same problem.. i inserted my Flash drive device.. my PC detected its presence BUT can not read the files... it says "drive not ready" or "insert disc"...

please help.

thanks!!!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil Aug 03, 2010, 08:21pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
WHat brand is your USB flash drive? You might want to scan with an anti-virus the flash drive just in case, I once caught a virus that spread through a lot of my friends flash drives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Latchezar Nikolov Nov 29, 2010, 05:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey!

I have a problem. When i try to write 4.3gb file on formated 16gb flash drive it says -
" The file '...' is too large for the destination file system". Please help me!

mary liu Dec 22, 2010, 03:15am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi,guys.you should to format this usb flash drive
http://www.oscoousb.com

www.oscoo.hk or http://www.oscoousb.com
sudheer Tyson Dec 28, 2010, 08:07am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Not able to Format USB Drive
hai,

I am using Transend 4gb pen drive. i can't able to delete the files or format the pen drive.
when ever i delete the files and refresh it again comes back.
it even not allowing me to open disc defragmenter and command prompt. how can i do? please help me out

sudheer Tyson Dec 28, 2010, 08:08am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Not able to Format USB Drive
hai,

I am using Transend 4gb pen drive. i can't able to delete the files or format the pen drive.
when ever i delete the files and refresh it again comes back.
it even not allowing me to open disc defragmenter and command prompt. how can i do? please help me out

Adam Bloomfield Dec 30, 2010, 05:29am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi

I've a Kingston Datatraveller 8GB. When I try to use it (On either A windows Vista PC or my old XP laptop), the PC doesn't recognise it and states 'you need to format the disk in drive F before you can use it', and offers me the option of formatting it. I haven't accepted this yet, as the data is what is most important to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Adam.

Brandon Vang Jan 02, 2011, 04:19pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had the same problem with my 16gig USB Flash Drive. I opened it up and looked at the board and assembly carefully and found that three of the pins on the memory model lost contact with the board. You will need some micro-soldering equipment and micro solder it back on carefully. My worked fine after that. I guess what happened is over time, the memory module over-heats and one or more pins become loose from the board. The problem with this is your USB flash drive will still appear to be working and is detectable by your OS, but you just can't write or delete anything off of it. If this is the case, software modifications or configuration will not work. The only way is to get those pins to contact the board.

Sometimes you have to look carefully. You might even have to get a strong magnifying glass to help you. Look for discolorations on the contacts. A lighter color usually is a sign that the pin has lost contact.

Hope this helps....

Carol Chrzanowski Jan 02, 2011, 06:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Carol Chrzanowski Jan 02, 2011, 06:31pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Everyone,

I had the same problem last year. Someone said to look at the flash drive on the sides to see if there is a lock and unlock button. Sure enough that was the problem.. :/

That was one of the issues..

Carol

Zare . Jul 13, 2011, 12:20pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dudes the solution from Apacer really works. I tried about everything else prior to this, even formatting under linux and stuff. Thanks to this forum i have a working flash drive once again.

If you are getting the write protected error go here http://emea.apacer.com/en/support/downloads.asp and search for HT203 Handy Steno 2.0 Repair Tool.

here is the direct download link anyway http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip

I am sorry if i am violating any rules by posting links but people really need to get there flash drives fixed.

Best of luck ! :)

Mudhar Hadi Aug 05, 2011, 05:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
You can download the Unofficial Windows 98 Service Pack, this contains a universal USB driver...

Mudhar Hadi Aug 05, 2011, 05:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Try in a different USB slot first...

Robert Urman Aug 11, 2011, 08:53am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This worked perfectly!!! Awesome. Thank you.

Lara Xenon Aug 13, 2011, 03:14pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello, guys. I need your help.

I have Kingston USB flash drive. I deleted everything on it, but instead of 4GB which is its maximum capacity, in properties it shows that some space (1 GB, in precise) is still used, as if the files are hidden. But it's blank and empty and 'show hidden files' option is checked.

Prior to this problem, I used it on public computers, so when I connected it to my personal computer afterward, anti-virus registered a threat which was automatically deleted. I also deleted all files contained on it, so the free space should've been be 4 GB. But no, it registered 3 GB instead of 4.

I've had this happen with other brands too. I also remember that majority of computers showed only empty space, however one actually read and registered those missing files. So they're probably just hidden somewhere.

Please someone help.

Lara Xenon Aug 14, 2011, 11:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Never mind, problem solved.

john doe Sep 08, 2011, 09:00am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Lara Xenon: why would you not include YOUR FIX?!?!?!?! >:o

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.