Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1126 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 14 - 04:44pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
shadowfax rohan Jan 10, 2005, 02:42am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help!
Hi everyone,
I have no errors in my pc when playingBFME but the only thing is that it runs slow even at the beginnning of the game when the units are still few.The worst part is that when i play it with high ,meduim or very low it runs with the same performance it does not make any difference in speed.I have the latest drivers of my nvidia video card . i really switch off every application before running the game.I also formatted my computer but it runs slow just the same.i dont know what i can do anymore.
My spec
AMD 2400
soundcard on board
Gforce 4 TI 4800
512 ram
80 gigs

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
ultma 076 Jan 10, 2005, 03:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Culverhouse copy the contents of the cd(s) to a folder(s) download and install daemon tools (2 emulate a cd drive) and install sweet and easy. every one else send LOTOR BFME Back its crap with s**t Graphics and buy W40K DOW and join the online maddnes in the best RTS ever.

GA-EP45-DQ6
E8400 @4.00GHz (445*9) http://tinyurl.com/7xycyvo
4GB Gskill 1066 + 4GB Corsair 1066
Enermax whisper II 535W
GTX 560Ti ( This rig runs BF3 on Ultra :D )
Primary Display SyncMaster P2350 1080p
Secondary Dispaly 44" samsung LCD 1080p
WD
shadowfax rohan Jan 10, 2005, 06:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
what are daemon tools exactly for?will it help in the performance of the game?

ultma 076 Jan 10, 2005, 04:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
daemon tools is a cd drive emulator i suggested it for culverhouse who was having some install problems with his cd drive not detecting the cd.

GA-EP45-DQ6
E8400 @4.00GHz (445*9) http://tinyurl.com/7xycyvo
4GB Gskill 1066 + 4GB Corsair 1066
Enermax whisper II 535W
GTX 560Ti ( This rig runs BF3 on Ultra :D )
Primary Display SyncMaster P2350 1080p
Secondary Dispaly 44" samsung LCD 1080p
WD
chris Popis Jan 11, 2005, 08:22am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
HELP!!!!

ok ive been trying for ages to get middle earth to work properly, whenever i try and save a game it crashes, or sometimes randomly in the menu but during the game it doesnt crash at all, all my drivers are updated.

specs: geforce4ti 128MB

chris Popis Jan 11, 2005, 08:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
HELP!!!!

ok ive been trying for ages to get middle earth to work properly, whenever i try and save a game it crashes, or sometimes randomly in the menu but during the game it doesnt crash at all, all my drivers are updated, PLS HELP!!!!

Jason Hohns Jan 12, 2005, 10:56pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had a similar problem in that the game would freeze up after playing it for a while. I tried all the obvious suggestions but to no avail.

The only way I can get this game to run without crashing anymore is to set the AGP transfer mode to AGP 4X. Steps are provided below:
1. Go to Display Properties > Settings > click Advanced button
2. Select the SMARTGART tab
3. Set the AGP Speed to 4X
4. Apply the settings change
5. Restart the system

Not the solution I was looking for but have been playing the game without any further problem. BTW had no problem playing HL2 with all the features bumped up prior to reducing the AGP.

Found out that this is a common problem for some but not all, that own RADEON 9600 Series graphics cards and certain motherboards supporting AGP 8X, including those based on Intel i865 or SIS655 chipsets.

Hope it works for those with similar issues.
cheers

jonathon weiberg Jan 14, 2005, 11:42am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
iv noticed that many people who have PCI cards are having much more problems then people with AGP 8x Cards.Also iv noticed many people have OUTDATED drivers or video cards not supported by the game. As for daemon its not as good as people think.It messes with your registry to emulate and cd rom and therefore if you dont have a "good" computer dont try and install it. Another thing an Amd Athlon 3000 running at 200 and reaching 2.6ghz is physically impossible Even if your overclocking. If your going to lie about your specs atleast do it on a forum were people are not that smart when it comes to computers. If your saw my post before you would notice i wasnt very happy with the game. Im still not as happy when playing the EVIL side. The good side is much better.Also when updating your NVIDIA drivers make shure they're UNFIED. If they are not UNFIED you will experience problems with the game.

haste nichtgesehen Jan 15, 2005, 09:11am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey Guys,
my problem is fixed! The only problem I had, was that my RAM was corrupt! Now I exchanged the 512mb-ram with a new one and no more ACCESS_VIOLATION !!!! So if you want to see if your memory is corrupt too, u should use the program prime95 to see if u have any hardware problems! If the program says, that u have an error it could/should be your RAM. Even if its new you can not be sure that it works like it has to!!!

You can free download prime95 on http://www.downseek.com/download/7026.asp

luke graham Jan 15, 2005, 02:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi iv got a real problem please help me asap :-( . Me and my brother start playing over our network, we are both mordor Team 1 and we are fighting two enemies who are on the same team. after a little while the person who set up the game just dies saying "the enemies are in the keep" or something like that and we cant find a way to stop it, any1 have any ideas? There are no enemies what so ever and it is right near the beginning its got us stumped.

sretupmocx xxx Jan 15, 2005, 03:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i was install the lotr-bme, but when i click the icon to play, there is an error .

game crash

unknown field 'use trees' in block 'game data'
error parsing field 'Use Trees' in block 'game data' in file 'Data\INI\GameData.inf', line 10.
error parsing INI block ' Use Trees' in file 'Data\INI\GameData.ini'.
because of the severity of this error the game will exit now.

somebody help me settle this problem...????
please..

Corum Mystos Jan 16, 2005, 08:44pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a slightly different problem with the game.

It successfully installs, but when I try to start it up the splash screen comes up, the cd spins up, but the game never starts. It doesn't matter if I try starting from the desktop shortcut, or the cd autorun.

I am running win2k with an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, and Soundblaster Live Xgamer with the most recent drivers from the web. And thats pretty much all I'm running because in frustration I reinstalled windows to make sure I didn't have any software conflicts.

I also tried some of the no-cd game.dat and images I've found listed in other replies, and its seems to make no difference.

It also seems from the threads so far, that EA doesn't seem to care. Anyone have any ideas of what I should try next?

stewart gaskin Jan 18, 2005, 09:56am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i have a different problem maybe someone has had this and resolved it. in a network game on a lan the game only plays for around 2 minutes and the the computer that joined the game is suddenly defeated. walls crash and you are gone. the host always wins. no time even for a battle, the game just ends. any ideas?

Wizard Prang Jan 18, 2005, 12:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> I know this is not going to be much help but...
I've seen a lot of problem threads for this and other EA games. I do not have this game, nor am I likely to buy it. Why? Because in my opinion, EA have a bad reputation that goes back a long way. To understand why, let's take a look at how the business works.

Publishing houses like EA set up agreements with development houses. The deal includes one or more games and one or more patches for each game. As far as EA are concerned, developing and shipping games puts money in the bank; providing support and developing patches takes money out. For this reason most big-name games have one patch, if any.

This is a major reason why I never buy a game until the first patch has been released and it is know that it has fixed the major issues. For example, I have just purchased Homeworld 2, which has been out for over a year.

In the short run, getting a game onto the shelves as fast as possible and providing no support or patches is the most profitable solution. In the long run, this flushes your reputation down the toilet.

For some companies, supporting and improving a game - or providing tools for others to do the same - is a matter of good business.

For others - and I will mention no names - the solution is to crank up the marketing machine and hype the next game that much harder to part the punters from their money.

The middle road - supporting your customers properly and providing patches for a stable game - is not as profitable, but it leads to happier customers and a good reputation. Besides, a great game that stays on the hard drive is a disincentive to running out and buying another one.

EA is one of the most successful and profitable game publishing houses out there. Ask yourself why.

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20050112&mode=classic

Prang

Who is... oh, never mind :)
Sid Choudhuri Jan 18, 2005, 02:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have two computers:
1) AMD 1500+ with 1GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX4000 (Forceware 66.93)
2) AMD 2500+ with 512 RAM & ATI 9200 SE (Omega Drivers 2.5.9.7a)

I have installed Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth on both of these computers and it works fine on the first computer, the one with the NVIDIA card. On the 2nd computer it crashes in the same way that all of you are describing. There's obviously some problem with this game on computers with this series of ATI card. I have reported the problem to Electronic Arts. Hopefully there'll be a patch out that fixes this problem, either a driver upgrade or a game patch...

- Sid
http://www.scalr.com

Sam Burr Jan 18, 2005, 07:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I am having a problem in the game. when i start a new game i can play for about 2 mins before my whole base is wiped out but there have been no enemies surrounding it or in it. This happens in both good and bad campaigns, in Moira my dudes stand in a place for about 1-2 mins and they just die......wtf?

This also happens in skirmishes and multiplayer games, i have tried reinstalling many times but still no luck

Somebody Please HELP ME!

franky janssen Jan 20, 2005, 09:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hey guys, i've got a really strange problem..the first 10 min there's nothing unusually but suddenly my castle
is destroyed and he says defeated:| pls if you know something tell me!

Sam Burr Jan 20, 2005, 08:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah thats the same problem i am having, people you gotta help us. PLEASE!!!

Ewen Roth Jan 21, 2005, 08:01am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok, here's a new one!

The game is working just fine (no crashing or freezing, even after a couple hours), except one little thing... The buildings, battle units and all are simply not there! I just get shadows on the ground and health bars. ????????
So basically it's unplayable, since I have a hard time understanding wtf I'm doing out there. And it takes away most of the fun of the game. Yeah, the scenery is nice, but...

Maybe I'm a total moron, but does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

thx

james spicer Jan 28, 2005, 07:06am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.