Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 873 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s September 21 - 05:25pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
james spicer Jan 28, 2005, 07:06am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jan 28, 2005, 07:07am EST

>> Re: Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
james spicer Jan 28, 2005, 07:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
GOOD NEWS,

Rite, Apparently after being on the phone to EA there is a patch available to download sometime soon this month at,

http://www.eagames.com/official/lordoftherings/thebattleformid...an05lotrnl

this should hopefully sort out the problems when that arrives, fingers crossed.

Jerzy Jan Jan 28, 2005, 07:46am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Runtime error
Sometimes users maps may crash the game. Remove yours "Maps" directory or find the "problem" map and delete it.

I have the same problen. Now its works.

David Weller Jan 28, 2005, 08:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey guys, i got a huge problem that really p**ses me off. Every time I click the play button on the menu when you put the disk in, it shows me some crap about something I don't know and it shuts down the game. I tried everything I can think of like looking for patches and restarting my comuter and even reinstalling the game for about 8 times but it still dosen't work. THe other thing is that I have played this game using the same disk using a difffernt computer that is not as good as mine. If any of you can fix this problem or tell me how to contect EA, please post a reply. THX. -Dave

duncan orr Feb 02, 2005, 03:56pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok im having a problem similar to those mentioned by a number of people, game starts fine runs nice and smooth and then out of the blue BAMM crashes

Im running on a high spec laptop which has an ATI mobility radeon 9700 .....

do i need to update te drivers ... would seem strange as laptop is 1 month old and the game is older, mind you i wont profess to being a computer whizz so any advice would be appreciated greatly

thx all

Meats_Of_Evil Feb 03, 2005, 08:31pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a diferent problem from all of you.I start playing the game in story mode and when the map shows up the graphics seem corrupted.I have nvidia drivers to the latest 66.93

Here are my specs:
Pentium 4 2.60GHz
80 gig. western digital hard drive 7200rpm
2x 256 Mb DDR
Nvidia geforce 6800OC(overclocked)
Windows XP SP2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Meats_Of_Evil Feb 03, 2005, 08:31pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a diferent problem from all of you.I start playing the game in story mode and when the map shows up the graphics seem corrupted.I have nvidia drivers to the latest 66.93

Here are my specs:
Pentium 4 2.60GHz
80 gig. western digital hard drive 7200rpm
2x 256 Mb DDR
Nvidia geforce 6800OC(overclocked)
Windows XP SP2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
luke hays Feb 04, 2005, 04:55am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi,

ALL issues with LOTR BFME and Zero are due to Ram and Driver problems

there GUI and Engine for those games was beta`d awhile back and still contains its problems from then

there is a known issue with service pack 2 that should be resoloved but i cannot see that happening

there engine unlike other is very complex and is in need on fine tunein if ANYBODY has ATI Radeon 9200SE

and messes with there settings for there drivers you will see what i mean.

i know for one istance i messed around with em and the wrting became unreadable... for Zero hour

i thought to myself why?

i even contacted there customer support! and they didnt have a clue lol

well i then Asked ATI customer support team and i found a die hard games fan on the other end. we got talking and he show me sotmhing intresting he could recreate a error in Zero hour for the ATI driver by Unclicking 2 options i was amazed you could time it to the second (5 mins exatate into the game it would reqiure a pool of data that then leaked)

anyway before i fall asleep ill say this

Remove SP2, get the latest Catylst and ATI drivers, RUN DEFRAG AND DISK clean up

restart your PC before playing, ensure there not many programmes running in the back ground,

start the game with out sound.

try that and post back ASAP please it works for me now. my issues was i didnt have upto date Grapthics card drivers.

:)

ABC ABC Feb 04, 2005, 06:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have noticed that most people that have the same problem in this subject have VGA Card of ATI... I have this problem too and I'm using an ATI Radeon 9800PRO... I think that's it.. someone agree with me... perhaps we should send an email to ATI to ask about this problem....

If someone discovers an solution please let me know...
Cya... Good Luck..=p

john nash Feb 05, 2005, 11:48am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i can't evan start the game! It says"Display Device, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, Unknown Compatibility. how do i fix that?

My pc:
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: A7V400-MX
Processor: AMD Athlon processor, ~1.7GHz (2400+)
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Hard drive: 80G

Reapers Feb 07, 2005, 11:00am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Reapers Feb 07, 2005, 11:01am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Reapers Feb 07, 2005, 11:07am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Thomas Lumpkin Feb 15, 2005, 07:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey everyone, I dont know if this will help considering how long this thread has been going but I used to have these same problems. I would be playing the game for about 30 or so minutes and the pc would randomly restart or I would get that Access violation crap. I had just reformatted my pc so I didnt have any clue what was causing this. I did a bunch of things to solve it, I dont know which one worked but maybe you should give em a try. First I went into the options in the game and increased the resolution. I downloaded updated drivers for my video card and also downloaded the Microsoft .net framework 1.1 thing. I ran a complete virus scan and spyware scan. Another thing I did was increased my virtual memory under the control panel. The last thing I did was going into the msconfig under start -> run and made sure only critical programs started up with my computer. I hope this helps.

Mark Strutt Feb 15, 2005, 11:20pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the same problem as you guys where the game just freezes. I also have an ATI card. I am in constant communication with EA but they do not seem to know there elbows from there arse holes. Its such a shame because the game is fundamentally good but EA have really messed up somewhere.

ed cat Feb 17, 2005, 06:24am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a problem with my game. The problem is that when i try to load certain maps the computer will tottaly shut down and require me to press the button that would normally manually shut it down and then turn it back on. I hvae uninstalled the game many times and even rebuilt my computer to no success.

My computer specs are as follows
Graphics card: Sapphire 9600 atlantis (using catalyst 4.12 driver)
ram: 1.2 gigs of ram (pc 2100)
processor: amd 1600+ barton
sound card: sound blaster 5 platinum

i am in another contry at the moment but i will try some of the things previously mentioned in this thread, but if there is anything else any of you can add to help me it would be appreciated because the games that i have been able to play have been amazing.

Don Wick Feb 17, 2005, 04:40pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This is Sad we have been posting threads now for over a month and still theres no fix for it. wow someone needs to get off the A$$ and get some work done. i think EA should reinburse us all for lost time playing a game we all spent 50 bucks on. not to mention the stats that are getting killed from all the lost online game play. its sad, most of the people that posted didnt even start with the error. i played it for atleast 2 months before it errored on me, now i cant play it for 5 min without it crashing. well hopefully some day soon it will be fixed and we can get back to the slaughter.

Mark Strutt Feb 18, 2005, 07:37am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This is getting ridiculous. I am currently running the game set with an AGP of X4 and with ATI Graphics Card and Sound Card drivers fully updated and with EAX switched off and touch wood at the moment if it has not crashed!!
I have sent ANOTHER email to EA after they told me to update my Nvidia Card drivers when I have an ATI Card!! God help us! In the email I asked if EA were aware that there are web pages devoted to EA's apparent failure to know how their own software works.

Mark Strutt Feb 21, 2005, 10:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
4 Days Now and no crashes and that is with some big battles!! I suggest using my setting as above. They are working so far.

john smith Mar 01, 2005, 12:35am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey guys, well, I have finally figured out a work around with this damn game. These are the steps I took to make the game work:

1.) Uninstalled Service Pack 2
2.) Updated the Bios on my MotherBoard
3.)Changed VideoCard to 4x in Bios
4.)Disabled Fast Write for the videocard in bios
5.)Changed display settings in the game to very low for the details and maximum resolution (i think its 1280x900 or something)

The game finally works!! It's a real shame though that I had to do all of this just to get the game to work...oh well..BTW here are my specs:

AMD XP 2800+
80Gig Serial ATA hd
2 X 256 DDR 400 Dual Channel
K7N8 MSI MotherBoard
MSI Geforce 5700
Windows XP (now Service Pack1)

It also works perfect on my laptop which is a:
AMD 64 3700+
768mb ram
Windows XP SP2
60gig 5200rpm hd
Nvidia GeForce4 440 GO

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.