Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1498 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 25 - 09:45pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
john smith Mar 01, 2005, 12:37am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Problem with "the battle for middle earth". Help!
Oh yeah, also, I dont know if it had anything to do with it but my My Documents where stored on my server not locally, so I also changed that to the local drive just to test it out, but then again...my laptop was also like that and it still works so who knows...

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Stijn Gersonius Mar 13, 2005, 09:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello, i had all the problems that other people had with Game.dat maybe i found a solution to make the game work, i was installing something for a other program and i was going to try that evening the game again (hoped it worked) and it did :) i had to download 2 things from microsoft i dont now if it helps the game or my pc just went better :p or the game ;) it were the .net framework from microsoft that did it i think.

Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework Service Pack 1

links:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d2...laylang=en
----
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f56...laylang=en

hope it will work for you all also :)

Cheers

Joe Gonzalez Mar 24, 2005, 11:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I can't play online multiplayer. I click through the multiplayer button and then on the online one. It sits there for a while and then says something like this: "Could not connect with Battle for Middle-Earth servers. Please check your internet connection." I have a fast DSL connection I can search the web and everything so its connected. I tried registering an account on eagames. What do I have to do to get access to the online multiplayer? Do I have to register to something else?

Micky Sung Mar 26, 2005, 07:26am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
mine keeps saying 'F:/support/european help files/Da/starting_the_installation_manual.htm' from the media

Kenneth Malm Apr 07, 2005, 04:00am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I got a more rare problem, that I only saw few in here had too, but sadly no one answered. The installation of the game goes fine, and when its done, i click the Play button. Then the start-up image comes up a few seconds, while my cd-drive begins spinning hard (I have the DVD version of the game...) and then the image disappears and nothing more happens.

If I click on the shortcut to the game right after the start-up image is gone, I get a pop-up window saying: "Game Launcher Error: The game is already running." and no, its NOT running. The game worked perfectly once, with the exact same system, but after a formatting it stopped working. The only thing the format changed was a convert from FAT32 to NTFS disksystem.

My specs:
Windows 2000 Pro Service Pack 3 (have tried Pack 4, didn't help)
CPU: Intel Pentium-4 2800MHz
Motherboard: MSI MS - RS3M-LB
Ram: 512MB DDR Ram PC-3200
Harddisk: 80 GB, ATA-133
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128mb
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio

ed cat Apr 07, 2005, 06:04am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
You say the cd drive spins, if you have the dvd version of the game what would make the cd drive spin, shouldnt it be in the dvd driver. Or have I interpreted something wrong

Kenneth Malm Apr 08, 2005, 03:07am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah, its pretty weird. I got the DVD version, and its in my DVD drive. When I then hit the Play button, the disc in my cd-drive begins to spin... and then an error window pops up saying: "Coulden't find the correct CD-ROM. Please insert the right disk and try again." or something like that. My DVD drive works perfect with other games, cd's and DVD's, but it just wont start BFME.

I got no emulation software installed, and I use no cracks, and the game is the original.

Micky Sung Apr 10, 2005, 10:13am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i know the answer to kenneth's you have to right click on it to the properties then go to the thing where you have the target now go to the end and press space then dash then f or w

tim harper Apr 10, 2005, 11:36am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi, i bought a copy of this game in thailand. when I installed it gave me a choice of english and thai. I chose english but its all in thai. is there a in game language change option? i dont know cos the option are all in thai! can anyone tell me which buttons to push please?

tim

Mihael Zupancic Apr 23, 2005, 03:30pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the no-cd crack for Battle for Middle Earth, but when I try to start the game it just doesn't start ( the computer works for a few seconds then it just stops,I have met all the minimum requirements).
I have windows 2000 proffesional.Please help!

Trenchcoat Apr 24, 2005, 01:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 24, 2005, 02:29am EDT

wow, lotsa problems with this game...

i myself had a crash problem with the game too. i'd open the menus start a campeign mission, then it would crash just as the mission started or within a minute or two.
i tried uninstalling/cleaning/reinstalling the game and the graphic drivers, played with bios settings (fast writes on/off, memory timings, etc) and nothing worked.

til i replaced my asus a7v600-x mobo with an abit AN7, did a fresh install of windows xp pro w/sp 1 on my 74G raptor, and finally was able to set the right voltage and timings for my RAM.

now it runs just fine @ 1600x1200 resolution with very high details.
agp at 8x, nvidia 71.89 drivers

"i have the answer, but you're not going to like it"

San Diego 3700+
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
BFG 6800 Ultra oc (450/1200)
Soundblaster X-Fi / 7.1 THX speakers
U2-UFO case (http://www.mountainmods.com)
ed cat Apr 24, 2005, 04:40am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
from what i have seen on this forum it appears that the crashes are all due to the motherboards fault.

Chris Bowditch May 20, 2005, 07:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the same problem as Kenneth. Both my drives are DVD drives and when I double click on the game icon, the splash screen appears for a couple of seconds, the DVD begins spinning and then nothing ....

Micky Sung: what does adding -f or -w to end of call for LotrBfme.exe do?

Vipersniper Sep 09, 2005, 05:41am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I don't know if this will help at all as I haven't tested it yet, but I found a few articles saying that some ram has timing problems keeping up with AMD processors, and that setting the timing in the bios to a more conservative level can help. If anyone tries this please let us know how it works out.

ed cat Sep 09, 2005, 10:44am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Right after a long long while i worked it out to be a power fault of some sort. Basically i had a big ass overclocking fan on my pc, and my pc automatically changed its speed acording to the heat of the processor. Anyway i upgraded my processor recently and i found i had very little coolant between it and the processor. so i stuck in my new processor and its fan which came with it and wahay all games which used to crash are working fine so for me, case closed

serena lamoya May 15, 2006, 01:35pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I also, have a problem with BFME,I cant even install it.I submitted my questions to EA tech support and got no response.My question is:Why does it install to99% then gets to the last file which is the AmbientStreams.big file and stops.Error message says(Aproblem occurs when transfering the file AmbientStreams.big from the media,do you want to retry or cancel the installation?) I have directx updated and had my pc scanned for problems of any sort and still cant figure it out.HELP!

Michael Stabb May 24, 2007, 11:13am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I wish i was as lucky as you guys i cant even get passed the first splash screen.
Spec of the comp has nothing to do with it i know this. i have all the lates drivers for audigy 2 zs plat eax 7950 gt on sli and chipset and still nothing. so when some one does find out let me know... i had it working had to do a format reinstall and now nothing

spec
intel 2.4 core 2 duo 2 x 7950gt on sli 4gb 800mhz ram audigy 2 sound card so it cant be spec on how long it runs cause mine wont at all. help

s w Jul 09, 2007, 03:06pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
please please help me. before i used to play bfme but it kept crashing so i uninstalled it, and now i try to install it this comes up "Error executing 'D:\support\the battle for middle-earth_code.exe'%1 is not a valid win32 application" anyone have any idea of what this means? if so please post a reply it is important. thanks!

s w Jul 09, 2007, 03:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
please please help me. before i used to play bfme but it kept crashing so i uninstalled it, and now i try to install it this comes up "Error executing 'D:\support\the battle for middle-earth_code.exe'%1 is not a valid win32 application" anyone have any idea of what this means? if so please post a reply it is important. thanks!

add dda Sep 02, 2007, 10:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Sep 02, 2007, 10:30am EDT

YEA, mine is fine, untill it has to show the battle. i cant skirmish, but i can campaign untill they fight!! pleasehelp... even after direct x 9.0 it doesnt work!!!

oh yea, and when loading the battle it gets to 97% everytime lol.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.