Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 497 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 26 - 04:47am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / My opinion about Steam? It simply sucks

Re: My opinion about Steam? It simply sucks 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
SuPeR Xp Feb 09, 2005, 11:25am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Re: My opinion about Steam? It simply sucks
Yes, I agree.

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Dr. Peaceful Jun 07, 2006, 11:49am EDT Report Abuse
I'm encountering with Steam the first time last night (sorry I'm not much of a gamer). I bought Sin Episode 1 from a local store for $19.99. I paid, Ok, god damn it! Only to find out that the game won't work until I connect online, update Steam, account registration, searching for the CD key, and enter it. Took me almost an hour, and still haven't get the game running yet. W-T-F! Please, stop punishing honest people who actually paid, and stop treating them like thieves. I missed the old days, where you pop in the game CD, install, and start playing. Who needs a spying program running in the back ground in order to play games!

Steam is A Smelly Steamy Pile Of Cow Dung! At least they should inform buyers about needing Steam to play the game, and put instructions how to use it.

SuPeR Xp Jun 07, 2006, 06:28pm EDT Report Abuse
Steam SUCKS Big Time. I too have Half-Life 2, and it always asks me to enter the CD-Key, well I bought the Freaking game from Future Shop LOL, anyway, this Steam thing needs to stop.

I will "NOT" buy games anymore which support "STEAM"

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Afrow UK Jun 07, 2006, 07:30pm EDT Report Abuse
Nothing wrong with Steam in my opinion. Then again I'm a very very patient chap :)

-Stu

I like: Programming, Gym, University
Music: House, Dubstep, D&B, Trance, Metal
Dr Cruel Jul 22, 2010, 03:49am EDT Report Abuse
I entirely agree. I have a steamer trunk full of game titles, some of which I will dust off and play on occasion. I've kept all my CD codes and the like, so I have no problem with getting them to run (other than hardware issues). THe understanding is that I've bought and paid for these games, and have a right to run them whenever I like.

Not so with STEAM. This new DRM business means that I'm suddenly only buying the privilege to play a game - and this privilege can be denied or withdrawn, or can have an additional charge attached to it, at any time, and for no reason other than the greed of the license holders.

Simply put, this deal is entirely unacceptable for me. I won't be pirating any games, mind, but I will never buy a game under these terms. This business model is simply usurious, and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The PC gaming enthusiast base is already withered enough. Is our "future" to be mercilessly ripped off until we're all forced to switch to console gaming?

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.