Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 985 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 08:24pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

Toshiba Satellite A75-S226 Battery and Power Problems 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Next >>
Steve Molstre Jan 04, 2006, 06:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Toshiba Satellite A75-S226 Battery and Power Problems
I was also having the same battery and power problems that have been mentioned. After reading the posts on this forum I chose to send my computer to R Warner. Thanks Randy for fixing my computer. It runs perfectly. I was a little hesitant at first, not knowing you personally, but I am very happy with the results. Randy fixed my power problem as well as a keyboard problem I had. If you are having the same problems I recommend sending it to Randy. Great communication from him as well as a fast turn around time, California - Indiana. Thanks again!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Linda Stebbins Jan 06, 2006, 02:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Boy am I frustrated. I just read thru the other entries and am not happy. I have had my laptop for a little over a year. I have had to have it in for servicing 3 times for several weeks at a time. I have had my motherboard replaced due to the AC power cutting out and my PC overheats now almost continuously. Now my AC power is cutting out again after having the motherboard replaced at the Toshiba factory 6 months ago. It is getting to a point we almost can't use the PC. I am still covered by my warranty so I have no choice right now but to send it back in again for repair but I am definately interested in proceeding with any recourse we may have. I personally am not comfortable with soldering or playing around with the innards of my PC.

Linda S.

Steve Molstre Jan 06, 2006, 08:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
A full week of work on Toshiba and Fix works perfect. All problems with power supply gone. thanks again Randy. To all who have this problem and don't want to tear your computer apart (I tried miserably) send it to Randy. A leap of faith but well worth it. Besides, what good is a computer that won't turn on? Steve

Miguel Ángel Juárez López Jan 07, 2006, 02:57am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
OK, NOW I'm confused... I get that AE and Randy both made diferent solderings and still got the thing to work, the thing that confuses me the most is that both of you say that my connections are wrong, but as I see it, I've made my connections the way Randy pointed in his diagram, can anyone please explain what eaxctly it is that I did wrong? THANK YOU

Charles Dayton Jan 07, 2006, 02:44pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 07, 2006, 02:49pm EST

>> HAVE PICTURES THAT SHOW HOW TO FIX IT
Hey All, I am here in the Middle East with the military and I really had no choice when this computer went down hard but to try to fix it myself. The fix you posted... WORKS! Here is the photo of what I did! I took apart an old Xbox controller that didnt work anymore and soldered a wire from it. Exactly what he said, from that center pin by where the AC plugs in to the right (as you look at it) side of that little tiny bar directly behind it. The bar is white plastic in the center with two metal ends. The metal end near the center of the board, per his instructions, `is where I soldered it... I have pictures!!! Came out pretty decent. Please someone give me an email address so i can send you the pic. This internet is too darn slow and unreliable down here for me to successfully post one...

Hope this helps make it a little clearer! Thanks again to all on this posting. Made my next several months here much more enjoyable cause now I have my laptop back!!!

Karen Olson Jan 10, 2006, 06:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I want to thank you all for posting all this! I am having the same problem with my SMX35 and tried everything I can short of taking the computer apart. It was quite distressing to find out that it was, indeed, a problem inside rather than the battery (which I've replaced) and the AC adapter (again, replaced) or any software problems. However...it's a relief to know there is a solution.

Here's my question for you guys. Each posting until the last, seems to have a trial and error to it. Right now, I'm having a hard time following which worked best. Would it be too much to ask someone to post the "final solution" (and no I don't mean building the bomb to blow up Toshiba) for us newbies to the site so we can benefit from your collective knowledge in one posting (with the pics)??

Again...thanks so much!

cj 2600 Jan 25, 2006, 02:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Toshiba Satellite M35X same problem with DC jack.
Yep, Toshiba Satellite M35X has the same problem with DC jack on the system board and you can fix it if you resolder the DC jack on the system board.
This guy posted his experience with Satellite M35X here: http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/m35xfix.php
Laptop disassembly guide here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaM35X/satM35X_1.htm
New DC jack you can find on eBay, just search for: DC jack M35X

Good luck.

Karen Olson Jan 25, 2006, 12:17pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you so much! Now I just have to find someone to fix it.....not real experienced with the soldering...

This site is GREAT!!!!

Mike Jesch Jan 26, 2006, 03:03am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
As the originator of the "final" fix for this problem, I'm pleased that so many people are having success with it. I've been too busy to volunteer my services in repairing them for you, and frankly, it's not really worth my time. I'd have to charge more than the $20 Randy is charging anyway. Like Randy, mine is working fine now, so I'm a bit reluctant to pry into it again solely for the purpose of snapping a picture to show my fix.

What I will say, however, is that in looking for the place to which to solder the other end of the jumper wire you're going to add from the power connector, just follow the copper trace on the same surface of the board as the connector to the first component it comes to. That part's really simple to figure out.

In my opinion, the solution for Toshiba's engineering staff is to make that hole through which the power connecter center pin goes, a plated through-hole, so that both sides of the board are automatically connected. It's not rocket science, but for some reason, they chose not to complete that step. Either that, or the manufacturer of the board has very poor quality control and many boards are coming out without the through-hole plating.

Now, if I can just find a solution to the extreme static sensitivity, I'll be very happy! As it is, my volume knob got broken off a while ago, so I have no on-board audio (I bought a USB audio card instead), so I'm thinking of disconnecting the speakers, and this might help. Any other ideas?

Mike Jesch

juan linan Feb 04, 2006, 12:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My first A75 that i purchased would lock up. I couldnt figure it out until i noticed that i was getting shocked when i put my hands on the computer to type. After i got shocked my computer locked up. I had to restart my computer after that. I returned it and got the one i have now. I opened up this one over a yr ago and resoildered the power connection becuase i noticed it was lose. I beleive the problem is the connector is over heating and in return is causeing the connection to come lose for those of us that do use it as a laptop. I opened it up again about three mths ago and completely removed the connector off the mother borad and replaced it with a connector that i bought from radio shack. After that i cut the end off the power supply and added the male connector that has been working but it is starting to over heat as well. It is starting to do the same thing as the original did only this time it is the male connector on the power supply not the actuall board that is messing up. Either way the connection is getting way to hot. This is a defect with the computer. I bet ppl are experiecing problems with the speakers not working some times as well. There is a ground issue or something going on with this borad. I was in iraq with my computer started messing up and couldnt do anything about it. It was to late to use my warrenty. I agree with a comment earlier about pooling together to get this fixed through legal action.

Rob Heavens Feb 12, 2006, 08:28am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Toshiba Satellite A60-106 Battery and Power Problems
I have a toshiba satellite A60 recently the DC power jack centre pin snapped off,so i took it to a repair shop for them to fix it,they soldered a external lead with jack as opposed to replacing the jack they told me it was oredered and in,then they told me it was the wrong one,the reason for putting a lead on it anyway when i got it back i put it all back together only to find that when i plugged it into the mains i had a yellow and green light on then when i press the power button on the laptop they both go off and i then have to switch mains off remove battery then replace it to get the lights back on,i took it back to the shop they then said when the pin snapped it could of damaged the ACPI chip any ideas ppl,as the shop have messed me about for a whole week with this ..telling me one thing then another it was supposed to have been fixed wednesday as i was told it wasnt ready until 2 day saturday....thanks guys

Jillian Sullivan Feb 14, 2006, 04:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had this problem exactly, had to call for PC repair and get the motherboard replaced (or if you are lucky, just a bit of soldering!)

Mike Price Feb 15, 2006, 10:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey Randy are you on tonight? Just wondering about my computer?

Randy repaired my Toshiba power problem. If you are looking for a fix then get in contact with him. He's on top of the situation.

Mike

James Ryan Feb 17, 2006, 12:18am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all, I too share your same problem with a A75-S206 toshiba satellite.
I would really like Randy Warner to repair my laptop but I emailed him and got no response.. it hasnt been even a day yet tho... but I noticed he hasnt been on here for 20+ days and I was wondering if anyone has contacted him via email either?

Karen Olson Feb 17, 2006, 12:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I too contacted Randy via e-mail about fixing my computer and he has not responded. It has been over a month.

Mike Price Feb 17, 2006, 04:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 17, 2006, 06:42pm EST

Well he has my computer. It was suppose to ship back this week. He sent me pictures of the repair. He has an important job so im thinking he might be real busy this week.

If you hear from him let him know im also looking for him as well!

thanks
Mike

James Ryan Feb 17, 2006, 04:44pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
How long has he had your computer? ...
If I get in contact with him some how I will let him know that everyone is lookin for him however if he gets ahold of me then im sure he will have contacted you all first heh...
have a good weekend all...
-James

Mike Price Feb 17, 2006, 04:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 17, 2006, 06:41pm EST

thanks for letting him know if you hear from him?!

Mike

Mike Price Feb 17, 2006, 06:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Randy has come through with a reply and update on my computer. he's been busy so be patient with his responses. Thanks again Randy for the email.

Not many good people out there like Randy anymore!

Mike

R Warner Feb 17, 2006, 11:08pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Plaintiffs needed for a Toshiba class action!!!!!!!
I NEED HELP! I need to locate 1 or 2 Toshiba owners who live near Indiana to be lead plaintiffs in the class action against Toshiba. The law firm will not take the case without multiple plaintiffs. That way if one would die or dropout the law firm has wasted their time, effort and money. as far as I am aware there would be no cost to the plaintiffs as the lawyers get their money from the settlement. I live 1 1/2 hours from the law office, so I am more than happy to do the leg work. So, if you are near and interested, email me and I will give you more info. Please include the city and state you are from. You must have a Toshiba laptop with the power connector problem. You will also need to have proof of purchase (receipt).

Hope to hear form someone soon!
Randy

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.