Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1227 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 02:17am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Sound / Multimedia /

Snap Crackle Pop. 24 BIT?? need help with audigy 2 ZS 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Kelly Gomes Feb 15, 2005, 11:15pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Snap Crackle Pop. 24 BIT?? need help with audigy 2 ZS
Thanks guys i'm gonna swap ram and if that doesn't work call creative and i'll post what they tell me. That volume thing didn't fix it either. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Kelly Gomes Feb 16, 2005, 05:56pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
they tried some stupids**t then told me to return the card if "an artical in their database didn't resolve the issue." lol thats customer support for you.

K-Rock

Kelly Gomes Feb 17, 2005, 01:25am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
wanna see something funny. http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/39772/ check this out.

K-Rock XP

Marcelo Linhares Nov 14, 2005, 02:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Kelly,

Im from Brazil, sorry for bad english.

I saw your problem with Audigy2 and Snap Crackle only in 24 bit sound.

My configuration is similar yours.
My configuration: Asus A7N8X-e deluxe, SATA 80Gb.
I tried everithing and the only conclusion is that the problem is caused by SATA HD.
Using IDE HD, I dont have the problem.

So if you have a solution for this boring trick, please let me know: marcelo_linhares@hotmail.com

If I discover something to help I will warning you too.

mike mansfield Mar 30, 2014, 01:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I finally solved this terrible fault. March 2014, yest its taken that long but maybe a few of these boards on eBay can now be fixed.

The audigy 2 crackling problem is caused by 4 faulty capacitors. Hold the board with the chips facing you. input skts to the left, gold edge connectors at the bottom.

You can see 4 tiny capacitors at the bottom right hand corner. These are too small to smooth the small power supply chips. The ripple is what causes the interference. You can prove this by pointing a hairdryer at this corner for a few secs whilst in your computer. If the sound improves then these are the culprit.The heat changes the capacitance a tiny amount.

You can either replace them with 50volt 100 uf electrolytic caps by removing them or carefully solder the new caps to the solder points on the rear. Make sure that the negative stripe is pointing the same way as the originals. Then glue them to rear of board with a glue gun making sure that the legs are insulated from everything.

Does it work-YOU BET IT DOES.

Mike

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.