Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 456 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s August 11 - 09:02pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Overclocking /

Extreme Underperformance 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Harris Walktin Mar 03, 2005, 05:37pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Extreme Underperformance
No no, I mean, remove the last drivers for the previous VC

- Harris W. -AMD Employee
AMD cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your PC by my advice. My advice is valid.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
phil Mar 03, 2005, 06:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> good psu less than $100
ok you asked about psu's and you say all you have is $100.. well thats a boat load fo a good psu...
go ahead and buy an antec.. for $100 you can get a high watt 550+ or so.. all you need is 450 though...
antecs pros: major name in PSU, built super heavy duty and should last a really long time.. it's designed to take some real abuse.

if you got a window case, buy a OCZ power mod, there a bit cheaper than the antecs and built to excellent standards... their power mod line 450/520watt sell for less than $100 and it has a couple wonderful features... 120mm silent cooling, detachable power cables to keep your computer nice and organized, and light up psu and cables.. yes. the whole damn thing glues UV and lights up your case pretty sweet.. the power-mod 450 is fine for you.

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
OCGW Mar 03, 2005, 07:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 03, 2005, 07:55pm EST

This is what you said

"Hmm, well you guys really jumbed to hardware fast."

But you did make a good contribution about completely removing the old drivers

To: original poster, listen to phil, he knows his stuff

OCGW

PEACE

phil Mar 03, 2005, 08:15pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> ya dam'it! listen to ME! j/k lmao
aww geez thanks OCGW, for the offical record i only know my stuff thorough long hours of wasting enormous amounts of cash and time killing pc components :)
besides i think it was something you said that drove me to buy an antec to tear apart and look inside.. sadly i killed that too.. on the plus side of things i used its massive heat sinks in a tesla coil experiment.

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
Lost Faith Mar 03, 2005, 08:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
3100 points in 3dmark2k5 = good depending on the rest of your setup.

google Everest Home or get Sisoft Sandra from guru3d.com or cpuz form http://www.cpuid.com

give us the stats concerning: motherboard, cpu clocks, ram frequencies, voltages, temps.

also on another aspect: use DrivercleanerPro from http://www.guru3d.com and uninstall card drivers, and reinstall with their latest 71.xx or 67.xx betas.
also make sure you got the mobo's chipset drivers correctly installed.

on software side:
check & report on free amount of ram in windows taskmanager, how many processes, and do anti virus/spyware checks also defragment the harddrives.

good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------
-Lostfaith

Barton 2600+ @205x11=2255mhz - GA-7NNXP - CM Jet7 - 2x512 Kingstons PC3200 @2.5-3-3-11 - PNY 6600GT @617/1175 - 3x120GB+1x200GB HDD's - 2 Liteon Burners - 600Crap PSU
Alden M Mar 03, 2005, 10:25pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank You everyone, but for me, the major problem is in the gameplay. At an even interval, during any game i own, it glitches for about half a second. Even if I'm jsut at the main menu, it'll clitch every 2 seconds or so. It's very annoying, and I can't figure out why!

Alden M Mar 05, 2005, 10:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

OCGW Mar 05, 2005, 11:49pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Alden M, make sure you check "publish" on your 3D Mark project

OCGW

PEACE

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.