No one wants to buy 486, Pentium I, Pentium II Computers now ! Technological Revolution is taken place every second ! Very sson, fiber optic transmission, wireless internet/intranet/LAN/WAN/MAN are going to emerge ! In this communication revolutionary age, supposing I wish to set up one networking Institute, for students, professionals to obtain on-line degrees/update their knowledge using on line e-learning, Delnet & m-learning facilities, what server you recommend ? Naturally I would like to set up a centre, where anyone can access websites through out the world, fastest accessibility is most important, storing capacity to be maximum, The proposed Institute will have one main server, two web severs and skynet of 10 terminals, another skyweb of 10 terminals. This organisation is also would like to set up additonal Intranet facilities (LAN) with about 20 terminals, which also can be accessed from the Main Internet Centre.
I would be grateful if you can sugest:
Recommended main server, web servers specifications, and network terminals for 21st century E-Learning & Training Institute with a LAN network. Which Computer Manufacturer/assebler/supplier can supply & install such a system ?
For example would you recommend installin the main server having the following specifications?
· Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.06GHz with Hyper-Threading Technologya
· Asus P4T533-C motherboard, Intel 850E chipset
· 2 x 256MB PC1066-32 Samsung RDRAM
· ATi Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card
· IBM 120GXB , 120 GB Western Digital WD1200JB 120GB hard disk
· Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy-2
· Intel Pro-100VE 10/100Mbit Networking
· 460W Enermax Power Supply
· Windows XP Professional, with latest updates
· Intel INF Update version 184.108.40.206
· ATI Catalyst Drivers version 2.3 (220.127.116.1166)
Intel Ultra ATA Driver version 18.104.22.1680
THE ABOVE SYSTEM IS USED BY YOU FOR PENTIUM IV ANALYSIS.
IF SO WHICH COMPUTER MANUFACTURER OR SUPPLIER CAN SUPPLY SUCH AN ASSEMBLED SYSTEM ?
I FEEL SUCH A DISCUSSION AND RECOMMENDATION WOULD IMMENSELY HELP THE USERS TO MAKE THEIR BEST CHOICE. THE SYSTEMS WE BUY TODAY SHOULD NOT BECOME OBSOLETE WITHIN A YEAR OR TWO ! HOPE THIS WOULD RESULT IN GOOD ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATION.
THANK YOU ! Prof. Anandan