Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 234 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 26 - 04:25am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

BFG or XFX 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
varun rao Apr 09, 2005, 04:37am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: BFG or XFX
XFX is NOT new... they are PINE with a new name... thats a pretty old company!.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdated
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Craven Moorehead Apr 10, 2005, 12:09am EDT Report Abuse
NOw lets get things straight I bought 2 $580 graphics cards. And your saying they are cheap whats cheap to you? $580 is not cheap you must be really rich to think that is cheap. You get what you pay for thats it enough said. You buy cheap stuff you get cheap stuff. So if you pay $580 on a video card I dont care what anybody says its a freaking good card. If you buy a cheap card you will get a cheap card thats only understood. Dont think your gonna go out there and think your gonna get a good card for a $150 thats just ignorant. These guys say this and that about whats brand is better than the other and its all a bunch of BS!
Its about the amount of cahs your willing to spend . Its like this trying to compare a Lambo or a Ferrari shoot they are both good if you got the cash agreed.

varun rao Apr 10, 2005, 01:04am EDT Report Abuse
you can fret all you want, XFX will NEVER attain the quality standards of Gainward,BFG,Leadtek etc.

That said, XFX is not a BAD card.... but to say its as good as the above companys... now thats just being blatantly ignorant to the obvious.

and who says cash necessarily gets you quality?.... lets look at Dell pc's... they are severely overpriced... now are u going to say that Dell is good?.

Outdated
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Apr 10, 2005, 01:45am EDT Report Abuse
actually there are probably more with XFX than Gainward as Gainward has gained a crappy rep like Asus has since asus released the First AGP 8X based motherboards(namely SIS 648NB-963SB on P4)

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
varun rao Apr 10, 2005, 01:50am EDT Report Abuse
thats a pity really.... their high end cards are still incredible.....I wonder if their sale to that other company had anything to do with the drop in quality in their lower end cards.

Outdated
Curtis Flanagan Apr 10, 2005, 08:01am EDT Report Abuse
I dont know what youve been smoking...but XFX is a brilliant card maker, i suggest you buy a card before comparing.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
ASUS HD 4850 1 GB DDR3
OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz
250 GB HDD SATA
Hiper 530W PSU
DVD RW
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 GeForce 6100 Socket AM2 onboard
varun rao Apr 10, 2005, 08:11am EDT Report Abuse
what makes you think I havent compared an XFX to a BFG?.... every second computer in India has an XFX.. so I know how good they are. BFG's are rare... and the few that I have seen totally rock.

ok let me ask this in a different manner.... do u think that an XFX is better than BFG/Gainward/MSI/Leadtek/ Gigabyte /albatron etc

My point is that XFX is NOT a bad card... but there are better cards.... much better.

Outdated
Supreet Virdi Apr 10, 2005, 09:05am EDT Report Abuse
I think i got ur point Varun.....i think ur right too, Gainward & BFG are better than XFX, becoz BFG OC are pre-overclocked cards and Gainward Golden Samplez comes pre-overclocked also. So, obviously they are going to be faster than any brand. But nothing can beat XFX for price/performance ratio.

But i think XFX is right there with MSI & Leadtek.

varun rao Apr 10, 2005, 09:10am EDT Report Abuse
" But nothing can beat XFX for price/performance ratio."

not arguing with that.... but yes MSI really does justice to my wallet.

Outdated
Supreet Virdi Apr 10, 2005, 09:16am EDT Report Abuse
Well MSI is also good brand for sure :)

Also it was good to see that XFX Twin 6800GT breaks the world record in 3Dmark ! ;)

Xcelcius May 31, 2005, 04:36pm EDT Report Abuse
Firstly AMEN varun rao... Price dose not always grantee quality, as very, very well illustrated with the Dell example :)
But back to the point, when your spending $500+ on graphics cards, or double that if your going for SLI, then if you go for a large name brand such as BFG, XFX, MSI etc... you are going to get a good card. However, having said that, if your going to be spending $500+ then you may as well spend a few $$ more to get the best you can, and in this case, the answer to your question is the BFG. Although the two brands are similar, the pre-overclocked BFG cards will always out perform the XFX.
Hope that helped a little :)
(P.S. Where do you live PCGEEK, because I could really use a drop in price of the BFG products? ;) )

LINUX - XP Duel Boot.
Athlon 64 X2 4400+.
Asus A8N - SLI deluxe.
2GB Corsair PC3200
BFG GeForce 7800 GTX(Pci-Express)
2x WD Raptor 10k - Raid 0.
Suspended User May 31, 2005, 05:02pm EDT Report Abuse
i got my BFG 6800GT OC 256 card for $337 about 2 months ago atleast.

I can overlock it to 410/1100 with stock cooler, for the price I spent being able to get ultra speeds with a lifetime warranty is just a no brainer. The thing is HEAVY, its the heaviest gfx card I ever held, (yes i did hold it for a while lol).
Cheap? i dunno PCGEEK I know you are knowledgable and I trust your opinion, but this is the first bad thing i heard about BFG.

I think with any of the 6800's, some brands more than others of course, like PCgeeks giga, your gonna get lucky and get one that will OC like crazy.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find another giga that will OC like that one PCGEEK.

I have a friend that bought a MSI 6800gt and clocked it to near yours, then he thought well MSI rules, told his friend to buy an MSI all the way ! they cant OC it faster than my
BFG lol.

Its really luck of the draw...

PCGEEK May 31, 2005, 05:39pm EDT Report Abuse
dont stress it with the right cooling i have no doubt that BFG would overclock very well.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.