Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1289 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 31 - 05:44am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Toshiba Laptop Error codes (Power flashing led) and Manuals 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>
Syn Aptyc Jan 30, 2008, 04:16pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jan 30, 2008, 06:07pm EST

>> Re: Toshiba Laptop Error codes (Power flashing led) and Manuals
karmele g said:
Hi, I have similar problem to the ones Im reading. My led sequence is as follows:
LSLSSSLS or 10100010. I dont exactly know how to translate into hex. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with my Toshiba A15-S129 laptop.
My led sequence is also LSLSSSLS or 10100010.
I get the same led code if I use a fully charged battery or plugged in.

Death Seaker said the code could equate to A2h which is
"1R8-E1V voltage is not more than 1.53V when the computer is booting up."
I have no idea how to fix that problem other than getting a new motherboard.
Which is what I ordered yesterday (got one cheap on eBay).

Any tips before I go through the process of replacing the motherboard?

Here is a video & a picture of of my led code.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2682255701158368038&hl=en
http://picasaweb.google.com/synaptyc/ToshibaA15S129/photo#5161...8495594642

~Syn

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Syn Aptyc Feb 02, 2008, 04:09pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 02, 2008, 04:18pm EST

>> LCD = WHITE SCREEN
UPDATE:
I installed a used motherboard (replaced the original A15-s129 board with an A10-S127).
Everything works perfectly except one thing. The laptops LCD monitor only shows a white screen. I can hook up an external monitor and use that screen. I can cycle through the 3 display modes (LCD, LCD+CRT, CRT) and the external monitor displays correctly. The LCD screen will only give a WHITE display.
Other than that, everything else works 100%.
Any tips?

~Syn

Laptop Willie Feb 02, 2008, 04:50pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Syn Aptyc,
While the two motherboards use a 15" XGA LCD, they are different. the A15-S127s LCD part number is P000367870. The A10-S127s is P000387550. They are not interchangeable. You can still use it with the external monitor however.

Laptop Willie
check out laptopwillie.com
Syn Aptyc Feb 04, 2008, 01:44pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 04, 2008, 03:57pm EST

Okay,
I just bought a A15-S157 motherboard to replace my original A15-S129 motherboard.
(I am selling the A10-S127 motherboard on eBay starting 02/08/08. E-mail me if you need this board.)
If my LCD screen is functioning correctly, the motherboard should be compatible
I compared the part numbers of the LCD SCREENS from the A10-S127, A15-S129, & A15-S157 at the following 3 links.
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A10-S127,...plays.aspx
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A15-S129,...plays.aspx
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A15-S157,...plays.aspx

I compared the part numbers of the Toshiba Satellite Laptop Inverters from the A10-S127, A15-S129, & A15-S157 at the following 3 links. (just in case this had anything to do with my trouble)
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A10-S127,...rters.aspx
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A15-S129,...rters.aspx
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Satellite,A15-S157,...rters.aspx

I feel confident the rest of the hardware will work fine.
Crossing my fingers on this one.

~Syn

Karel Blha Feb 29, 2008, 05:54am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 29, 2008, 05:57am EST

PLS what is BGVSNS?

Ben Kibsey Mar 05, 2008, 02:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
my led sequence is 01001010, or 4a in hex, or 74 in decimal if google is converting correctly. My code is not in the list....any other options? also when the ac cord is plugged in and battery is installed the battery icon flashes constant orange.....whereas when the battery is not installed the dc in led is green until I try to turn it on then I get the error code.

Ben Kibsey Mar 05, 2008, 02:30pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
nevermind. I spoke sweet nothings into the microphone and it magically booted up

David Craggs Mar 25, 2008, 01:50pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, I just got a spares/repairs Toshiba A50-542 and it appears to be showing an error code on the power LED whenever I have the DC-in connected. The code is 10101010, which converts to AA Hex and 170 Dec. I've used my mum's laptop PSU (hers is a Tecra A2, looks identical & PSU is identical to mine and the Laptop's requirements), so I can only assume there's a major hardware fault as the code's not listed... :(

Can anyone shed some light on it? My old laptop (a Satellite 1130-Z25) died on me so I'm using a cobbled-together PC temporarily which is sloooooow!!!!

Thanks in advance!!! :)

David Craggs Mar 25, 2008, 02:37pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Oh dear, looks like water/liquid damage, I'll have to strip it and try to clean off the corrosion and hope it can be recovered (I've managed to do this before with Meths and a toothbrush), or else it's a new motherboard... :(

sharon gorev Apr 02, 2008, 04:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all
do you think this class action result includes my M15 Satellite Pro
I have the exact same issues as in the Lawsuit

Thank you
Sharon

Lieff Cabraser served as Co-Lead Counsel for a class of all end-user persons or entities who purchased or otherwise acquired in the United States, for their own use and not for resale, a new Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Series notebook. Consumers alleged a series of defects were present in the notebook. In 2006, the Court approved a settlement that extended the warranty for all Satellite Pro 6100 notebooks, provided cash compensation for certain repairs, and reimbursed class members for certain out-of-warranty repair expenses.

Dustin Cupit Apr 09, 2008, 11:40pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I also have a laptop that won't power on. I want to be sure to replace the right part. Do you know what blink pattern 1100 0010 (or 194d - 00C2h) for a Satellite 2400-S201 means? Or could you forward this on to Death Seaker to find out? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

David Craggs Apr 12, 2008, 06:22am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well, I got another board (spares/repairs, I think it could be a Tecra board... :/ ) and it too was water damaged, but it was in a different place. So, I cleaned up the mess with meths and a toothbrush (and a few components fell off due to corrosion), swapped over good parts from the original board to the new board and powered up, only to get 10100010 which is "1R8-E1V voltage is not more than 1.53V when the computer is booting up.". So, then next thing to find out is where's 1R8-E1V located? :~

Lucky me!!!:cool:

Peebs Panics May 25, 2008, 06:52pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 25, 2008, 06:54pm EDT

David Craggs said:
The code is 10101010, which converts to AA Hex and 170 Dec. I've used my mum's laptop PSU (hers is a Tecra A2, looks identical & PSU is identical to mine and the Laptop's requirements), so I can only assume there's a major hardware fault as the code's not listed... :(

Thought I'd reply to this in passing, since it may be the same problem as I have :-/

Your flashing error codes, are they written above in the order that they appeared? Remember they appear LSB (lowest significant bit) first, so the number would in that case need to be reversed before converting to hex, giving you 01010101, which is 55h (C5V voltage is not more than 4.50V when the computer supports CV and is booting up.)

Don't know if that's any help, but it's the same as the one I'm getting on my SP6100, now to my question - There was someone advertising on eBay in the UK a month or so ago offering to repair the power/system board connectors for 25, does anyone have any contact info or experience of dealing with the guy? He appears to have dropped off eBay's radar and everyone else seems to want more than the laptop's current resale value to repair it!

David Craggs May 26, 2008, 05:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thought I'd reply to this in passing, since it may be the same problem as I have :-/

Your flashing error codes, are they written above in the order that they appeared? Remember they appear LSB (lowest significant bit) first, so the number would in that case need to be reversed before converting to hex, giving you 01010101, which is 55h (C5V voltage is not more than 4.50V when the computer supports CV and is booting up.)

Don't know if that's any help, but it's the same as the one I'm getting on my SP6100, now to my question - There was someone advertising on eBay in the UK a month or so ago offering to repair the power/system board connectors for 25, does anyone have any contact info or experience of dealing with the guy? He appears to have dropped off eBay's radar and everyone else seems to want more than the laptop's current resale value to repair it!

Yes, that's how the sequence flashed on the front of the laptop, I never really understood the instructions so I just converted it to HEX as they said... :/

But as I posted later, it turned out to be water damage to the motherboard down the middle (over the CPU, Chipset and several other components), and the replacement board was completely useless, but I have a third on the way which is sold as working (third time lucky I hope!!!), aswell as a Sat. Pro L100 with a cracked screen... :)

Peebs Panics May 26, 2008, 08:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 26, 2008, 08:20pm EDT

Yeah that's error messages for you - they only tell you the symptoms, you don't see the cause until you open the thing up! Good luck with your repairs:)

Peebs Panics May 26, 2008, 08:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 26, 2008, 08:19pm EDT

oops double-post:blush:

Peebs Panics May 27, 2008, 01:40pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Update on the repair guy, don't know where I pulled the 25 repair price from cos it's 45 but it's the same guy:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ajb_spares/

David Craggs May 28, 2008, 03:42pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Peebs Panics said:
Yeah that's error messages for you - they only tell you the symptoms, you don't see the cause until you open the thing up! Good luck with your repairs:)

I got the new motherboard today and at last it works!!! I just need to find my XP Pro CD to repair-install on my old laptop's hard drive (new hardware results in the inevitable BSOD!!! :( ), but everything's working so far, battery charging, it tries to start up (BSOD as mentioned) and the screen (salvaged from my old laptop) works fine... :D

Just goes to show, if you want a newer laptop, go for a spares repair one on ebay... :D

joe jones Jun 04, 2008, 09:50pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
To convert Binary to Hex VERY EASILY just open the built in calculator in windows. Click "View" at the top. Click on "Scientific" to change the calculator to a Scientific calculator. Now click on "Bin" to change to Binary mode. Just type in the # you have to convert.(ex. 00100100). Now all you have to do after typing in your Binary # is to click on the "HEX" button. The # in the window will now change to reflect the Hexadecimal equivalent to the # you typed in.(ex. 24) Thats it!!! 24 = 24h

Mark Singh Oct 27, 2008, 10:14am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello all,
I have a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829.

Until two days ago, the laptop has been working. However, yesterday I tried to power it up and only got the orange blinking light. The batter light and all other lights are all off. The blinking pattern is:

SSLSSLSS

Can someone tell me what that code mean?

Mark

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.