Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1478 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 02:42pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Sound / Multimedia /

Sound Interference... What maybe the cause? Realtek Ac'97 OB sound 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Jai Farrell Dec 06, 2007, 10:32am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Sound Interference... What maybe the cause? Realtek Ac'97 OB sound
This isn't really a solution to the original poster's problem, but it maybe useful to others who are having problems with excessive noise.

I have a system about three years old and quite suddenly had stability issues and lots of noise. I was suprised to find that dusting and rebuilding the system completely pretty much cleared up all the problems, including the noise. So if you're running an older system and begin having issues with noise, try giving it a dust out.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Robin Dean Feb 04, 2008, 03:33am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ah, and here I am ... another user with the same general problem.

I'm running an HP ZD7000A with Conexant AMC Audio and what-not.

When I unplug my power source and run the box on batteries ... the static noise dissappears COMPLETELY.

Would this suggest that the root cause is, in fact, my power supply?

Rich Baxter Feb 05, 2009, 08:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I realize this thread is over 2 years old, however I just got a Dell XPS Studio (Jan 30 2008) with Realtek audio and I am experiencing the exact same popping as described earlier in this thread. It sounds almost exactly like an old LP popping when we used to have albums and 45's playing on a turntable.

My system is the latest out there, I just got it less than a week ago and I was really p**sed when I heard all this noise coming over both my speaker system and headphones. So even with the Vista 64 bit operating system that I have this problem still happens.

I also have a 9 month old Inspiron laptop with Realtek onboard sound installed and it even does the same thing. Popping and crackle .......

joyman power Jun 22, 2010, 04:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Asus A8N32Sli Deluxe, how to solve the problem of annoying sound in speakers?

That sound is from pc speaker , a bug or not , i dont know but mute it from windows (IE win7: Dispositivos de reproduccion ( Sound devices in english )

YES it WORK! tnks to all

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.