Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1511 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 14 - 12:11pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Dell inspiron 1150 Power problems. 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Laptop Willie Mar 01, 2010, 03:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Dell inspiron 1150 Power problems.
paul sibirtzeff said:
HI
I have an Dell 1150 with power problem. The problem is the power light and battery light blink at the same time when I plug in my power adpter, I have used a new Dell oem pa12 and pa10 powersupply but the both light still blinks and dose not power up when I press the power on button and help is greatful

Paul,
As explained else where in this thread, the 1150 has had a problem with overheating. This is just one of the ways it displays the problem. It appears the motherboard has become over heated and will require motherboard replacement. I haven't checked recently on cost, but you should not have any problem getting a replacement from eBay or some other place. Please remember there are NO new motherboards for these. They are all rebuilt or pulls from working units. Good luck.

Laptop Willie
check out laptopwillie.com
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
paul Mar 02, 2010, 07:15am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank You
This what I kind of figure out and already purchase another mother board, The older Dell I use to do is just pull the cmos battery and pull out the battery and unplug the power pack and remove harddrive for a couple of seconds to reset it self .... This did the trick on the older one but not for the newer one oh well.....

Thank You again for your help
Paul

Jeff Looper May 06, 2010, 03:13pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 06, 2010, 03:29pm EDT

Connected ground to external monitor connector and powered up. Had a power light and a battery charge light.

Edited: May 06, 2010, 03:31pm EDT

Reinstalled CPU reassembled laptop and all is good!!!! but still need to replace ac power connector on MoB.

Thank You for all the great advice and suggestions up and running now.
thanks Loop

Bruno Marchon May 31, 2010, 09:52am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Ed Paparo Oct 04, 2010, 08:26pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had same problems- power and battery lights flickering, no video, no lights with battery in, etc. Tried resoldering connector and ic to no avail. I pulled cpu p4 2.8/1.6 and replaced with similar working processor (straight p4 2.8) after draining power from laptop(no cord or battery and hit power button). Plugged in cord and it worked again! Using notebook hardware control program to throttle down processor and using i8kfan utility to control fan and it is running smoothly!

Ed Paparo Oct 05, 2010, 01:15am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Apparently, the mobile cpu got too hot and shut down. After it sat for 5 days, I put it in a desktop system and it also works. Internal overheat protection...

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.