Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 549 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 11:10pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>
Peter V Mar 08, 2004, 12:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp
Katie, just try to, change the RAM DDR, of course, with 1 gig of mem, this is not the cheapest way. Try to swap with other from the store or someone you know.

greetz

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
KATIE Marsh Mar 11, 2004, 03:19am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
thank you Peter

I tried changing the Ram slots, swapping the RAM around,
im not happy about replacing the RAM as nothing else has a problem with it

Ive changed my chat client

seems to have done the trick for now
thank anyway
Katie

Patrick Eberhart Mar 13, 2004, 05:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Mar 13, 2004, 05:24pm EST

Although Microsoft did make improvements to its troubleshooting charts for Windows XP Microsoft is unable or unwilling to certify them or take them all the way. The problem is that Microsoft's troubleshooting charts are not certified. This was a problem back in the days of DOS 1.1 and will most likely be a problem that will never go away. How do I know? I certify troubleshooting charts for a living.

Microsoft troubleshooting charts are not meant to be exhaustive but designed to cover at least 80% of problems. If your problem goes beyond this level of frequency then Microsoft will back out, leaving you to hang worse than a SIMM stuck in a DDR slot.

Microsoft has included a problem reporting system in XP that works a lot like a POST (Power On Self Test). When a program causes a program to hang the system sends a report to Microsoft that includes the last instructions to succeed amoung other information not to help you find an immediate fix but for its own future development. Not only is the immediate licensee ignored but due to the large number of problems that are reported Microsoft limits the number that will be addressed. Microsoft only tackles those problems which are reported most of the time. The same underlying principle is used for market and employment research. Microsoft doesn't address every problem but only the statistically significant ones. Microsoft figures that if the problem is not main line, hey, itís your problem.

Certified troubleshooting charts on the other hand do not embrace this attitude. In fact the focus of certified troubleshooting charts is that no problem shall exist for which a solution has not been found.

KATIE Marsh Mar 14, 2004, 02:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
thank you for your reply
I have good news
I found someone that had exactly the same problem
He told me that he had a trojan that affected the mbr
and to fix it

in xp
i went to the console and typed "fixmbr"

and hey presto
Katie shakes her head
hee hee
ty all again

Luis Prata Mar 17, 2004, 03:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi! I had this issue, but i fixed it! Finaly!

I allways keep my drivers updated, i own a Level One network card, and i had the lattest drivers for it, the 2.03, after reading this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.buchanan/index.html?faq-restart.html

i tried the drivers from ADMtek, from here:

http://www.admtek.com.tw/download/AN983B.htm

Gess what...no more BSOD in WinMX, Azureus, UT2004 Demo...

It's easy, if the drivers doesn't work, simply reinstall the "oldest"...good luck

Stranger Pure Mar 18, 2004, 04:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi people I have exactly the same problem; still, the error message (blue screen, etc) only appears when I'm doing downloads; when I surf on the web it doens't - what should I do?

Luis Prata Mar 19, 2004, 01:34pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Read my post

Ali Jawad Mar 19, 2004, 01:53pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i'm glad i'm not the only one who got this error. when i first got my mobo, it came with a norton internet security 2002 cd. i thought this was cool to have so after i got win2000pro installed and my mobo drivers, i proceeded to install this cool bonus (or so i thought). after installation, i kept getting random errors such as the irq error mentioned many times in this thread. after a while, i suspected my memory was the culprit. i first had PNY's 256 pc2100 memory installed, which worked for a while until i played ANY game. after about 5 minutes of fragging people in quake3arena it would either lock up completely or kick me back to windows 2000. so i ran a memory testing program (memtest86 - found it for free on google) and it show'd hundreds of errors. i quickly ran to the store to get a replacement stick of memory (kingston pc2100 256mb) and no more errors in memtest86. "ok", so i thought, "i'm back on track". little did i know, i'd get more errors very, very soon.

upon win2k booting up, i get this mysterious popup saying something about the ndis file. i figure'd let me find where this file is. when i found it in explorer, i saw that the file was made by norton. that's when i decided to take out the norton internet security. now, no more problems with ndis this or ndis that. i now use mcafee antivirus 8 online and i'm lovin it.

anyway, i'd just thought i'd toss in my story about this crazy problem. by the way, some people say that the 2003 version of norton internet security fixed this issue. does anyone here have that version installed and have any complaints about it?

My Sys:
Athlon XP 2500 (Barton)
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP (Revision 1.1 - F15 Bios)
Crucial 256MB PC2700 x 3
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro AIW
Western Digital Cavier 40gb @ 7200rpm + 8meg cache
Seagate 20gb @ 5400rpm
Antec Smart Blue 350W
John Blankman Mar 30, 2004, 02:12am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well I get this error on Win2K, and I've only found one solution that works for me. I when into Device Manager, brought up the Properties dailog for my NIC, then chnaged the setting of Network Media from Auto-Sense to 100Base-TX (Half Duplex).

PsiloPsyKo Apr 02, 2004, 01:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had this problem only after overclocking my graphics card. Run system restore to a time that it worked, or if you have 2000 repair or reinstall the installation. Default your BIOS and GPU settings etc. Now mine runs like a charm.

MSI K8T Neo2-F
Athlon 64 3200+
1 Gig GeiL PC 3200 w/ heatsinks (6,3,3,2.5)
Geforce 6800 Ultra AGP 8x
37c:48c idle/ 45c:72c max, (CPU:GPU)
CoolMax True 450W PSU
3DMark03 = 12350
3DMark05 = 6002
Denver Andersen Apr 12, 2004, 02:53pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've got a similar problem with another computer in my house. When I'm using the internet, it's fine. As soon as anything is uploaded from me it does the BSOD and gives me the error. It only does this when a website uploads things from me etc. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Tom Smith Apr 12, 2004, 09:05pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 12, 2004, 09:27pm EDT

Oh aren't I going to open up a whole new can of worms.....

I too got the same problem, but i have an advantage, I know what created mine ..
I have 3 of the very same computers, all using the same hardware, all in the same slots, i put xp pro on one of them, got that to work as good as i could, and then ghosted the HDD image to the other 2 computers... No BSOD yet , untill i went to fix my shutdown problem, It happens me when i untick "automatically restart" in the advanced options of startup and recovery in the system properties, if i leave it ticked im ok, the problem is here, if i do that, instead of my computers shutting down they restart...
It actually doesn't happen on the first pc i set up, I now get the feeling if i diddn't ghost the image onto the other 2 pcs i wouldn't have the problem,

In my case and just a note to the otheres that are having the problem,
I know its not the ram
My main culprit at the moment is Xp and shutdown
Going by other posts i also suspect netcard drivers...
Video Card drivers,
Disable antivirus

Fixes ive tried so far are:
reseting Bios defaults, Still have the problem
Uninstalled aprn, then reinstalled.. Still have the problem...
Updated Video Card drivers, Still have the problem
Updated netcard drivers, Still have the problem...
Disabled antivirus, still have the problem

My solution at the moment, I think I'll just re-tick "automatically restart" and everytime i shut down my pcs I just hold in the power button for 5 seconds....

Update to my problem:
I set the 2 computers back to the state they were in just after i loaded the ghost image, and my problem is gone, I disabled apm in the bios... and no more BSOD, Now im stuck with the annoying 5 second hold the power button after i shut down... I think I'll live with that...

Tom

william magill Apr 13, 2004, 04:18am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
bah, you people who experience these BSODs during gaming or chatting are the lucky ones. I've recently been getting them during boot. Previous good configuration settings made no change, using safe mode made no difference. I've taken all PCI cards out, disabled onboard LAN - all I've got is my agp video card, and no, I'm not using an asus motherboard.
Tempted to reinstall XP, as painful as that might be, since I don't really have many other options. I have the sinking feeling that this won't help. But at least I should be able to install it on a new HDD and access the old one, scooping off all that unbacked up data (groan, never again).
Damnit, everything was running fine, everything was cool, and then the PC just falls over like this...

Roman Korenev Apr 13, 2004, 10:12am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Welcome me, the newbie to this list, with new symptoms :-]

Besides the stochastis IRQL-errors I'm also facing freeze on reboot. Despite I didn't carry out extensive prolongued testing, I have a strong feeling that these two glitches are closely related somehow (at least in my case).

The system is:
Albatron KX400+Pro-C (AGP4X/8X)
Athlon XP1700+
Albarton GeForce Ti4280E (AGP4X)
80 GIG WD 800JB
256+256 PC2700 SDRAM
SB Live Player 5.1
Win XP Pro (I tried without SP and with SP2 beta)

The curious fact is that the system works perfectly well UNTILL I install drivers from NVidia (tried the latest ver.56.64 and an older one also). As soon as video drivers are enabled -- system fails to reboot properly, going into deep freeze. Surprisingly, ordinary shutdown goes smoothly. In safe mode everything works fine also. Even more surprisingly -- games seem to work fine.
Once again, I'm not absolutely sure about the IRQL-error, but I tried to emulate the resource-intensive conditions on the clean system without driver (like big file copying, which almost always caused the problem, etc.), and couldn't make it crash.
Tried to tweak various settings in BIOS (down to Vcore) -- without effect.
Will try to go physical now -- shuffle RAM etc... So, I'll be back! :)

william magill Apr 13, 2004, 10:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
VERY interesting.

I also installed the new nvidia drivers recently. Safe mode does not equal vga mode, or so I recently heard (thanks Mike, if you see this). I plan on trying to get back into windows through vga mode (as I mentioned previously, I can't even boot up ATM through normal or safe mode), dump these drivers and see if that helps me. Though a few of the recent Nvidia drivers have irked me - don't know what I'll be going back to...

Brandon Helscel Apr 17, 2004, 10:54am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I get this blue screen of death sometimes but sometimes my computer just randomly resets itself. The weird thing is that it didn't occur until I upgraded my processor. I moved from the P4 2.4 GHZ 533 FSB to the P4 2.4 GHZ 800 FSB. The only difference between these processors is that the 800 FSB has hyperthreading whereas the 533 does not. I am using an Nvidia GeForceFX 5600 with an Abit V17 mobo and Corsair PC3200 1GB of RAM.

Can anyone help???

. May 03, 2004, 04:30pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 03, 2004, 04:31pm EDT

Hi!

Other link.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817789
But... has a patch!!!
Regards.

Billy Janson May 05, 2004, 04:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jun 14, 2006, 03:37am EDT

>> (deleted)
(deleted)

Richard - May 05, 2004, 08:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I recently upgraded my memory from 512mb PC2700 to 1gb PC3200, and started getting random bluescreens with the irql message, so naturally assumed it was faulty memory. But after some long memory tests it reported to be ok. So I re-installed xp, driver updates, etc, etc, all without effect.

So I turned to the bios settings, and after lots of mucking about I eventually found the cause.

In the BIOS, I changed the FSB ratio from 'auto' which detected as 400mhz ( the max speed of the memory ) and set it to the ratio 6/5 to make it run at 333mhz, and the problem disappeared.

I have found since that the reason why this fixed the problem was that I have an Athlon 3000 with support for only 333mhz FSB, and not the 400mhz model, but the motherboard did not detect this, leaving the system unstable because of the overclocked FSB.

For reference, my motherboard is an Abit NF7-SV2.0 which apart from the above has been good :)

saden gr May 10, 2004, 08:52am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I used to have the same problem but I fixed it at last!
I had my 3com network lan card shared with the same irq (16) with my ATI graphic card and two usb controllers.
Now, I changed to a Compex RL lan card which is using the irq 18 along with only one usb controller.
I've never had a Blue Screen since this modification (over two weeks by now, when I used to had a crash every hour!).

Another problem is that I have a 250 giga hard disk and when I reached the 137 Giga limitation I lost everything
because of the following stupid issue of microsoft although I had installed even SP4:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305098
You have to fix this manually if you have win2k and a ahrd disk greater than 137 Gbyte.

My system is:

Windows 2000 sp4
3.06 pentium
Gigabyte motherboard
1 giga ram
ATI radeon 9800
SB audigy 2
460Watt PSU
WD 250 giga hard disk
Compex RL 100 ATX pci fast ethernet
e.t.c

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.