Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1167 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 17 - 03:03am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>
DEB MITCHELL Oct 12, 2003, 10:44am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp
well to be honest - looking back at the thread title i didn't get the ndis.sys part just the irql not less or equal - are you getting that message exactly?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Peter Perez Oct 12, 2003, 10:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thats the exact message

DEB MITCHELL Oct 13, 2003, 04:31am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Do you have the latest driver installed for your graphics card? If not i would suggest doing so and see if that sorts the problem.

Peter Perez Oct 13, 2003, 11:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes i do but i disabled hyperthreading in the bios and i think it may have fixed the problem

DEB MITCHELL Oct 13, 2003, 02:00pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
cool... well if the problem comes back it is worth checking to see if your graphics card is sharing its irq as this is a known cause of your problem. Anyway fingers crossed!

Peter Perez Oct 14, 2003, 07:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
YES!!! Well my puter has been on for 2 days straight!!!!! IT IS WORKING NOW!!! It was hyperthreading... I turned it off in the bios and now everything is fine

DEB MITCHELL Oct 15, 2003, 06:03am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hurray!!!!!!!! :)

Bryan Tran Oct 19, 2003, 04:54pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I own a brand new Dell 600m Inspiron. I'm running a Intel Centrino and the network or wireless network cards are provided by the computer. For some reason my computer will freeze 3 times always, and then run smoothly. My mouse or touch pad appears to be messed up as sometimes it will just left click by itself. and Every 5 startups I get the IRQL not less or equal blue screen. Oh NO, NOT THE BLUE SCREEN!!!Have you tried calling Dell customer support? It's like it's in India or something?!?!?!? I need a translater for me to get anywhere, or we just spell out works to one another, at least it's not child labor. But it's quite frustrating. I'm a college Law Student at Michigan, and I don't have time to fool around with this computer just so it'll work.

I already tried to reinstall everything, and did you know that Dell never installed the proper drivers for my video card as the highest reolution was like a 800x600

64 meg ATI card
Centrino running at 1.3
256 ddr ram
XP PRO
CD-r/cr-rw/DVD

DEB MITCHELL Oct 20, 2003, 05:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
this problem can happen if the network card is trying to share irqs with the network card.... or basically if its trying to share an irq with anything it can upset itself.... can you right click on my computer, select properties, select the hardware tab, then select device manager, in the view drop down menu, select to view sources by type and then click the + sign next to interrupt request (IRQ). If you can copy your list here in the forum we'll go from there.... the problem wit XP is that it doesn't let you manually assign IRQs so it's a bit of a pain in the bum to sort this problem out... Oviously though I want to ensure that there is an IRQ conflict before i waffle you to death....

DEB MITCHELL Oct 20, 2003, 05:43am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
just read my first line and realised how dumb it read - i meant if if the network card is trying to share an irq witht the graphics card... duh!

Anil Panda Oct 22, 2003, 06:01am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have installed inno3D (nVidia) Geforce4 MX440 SE (64 bit) 64 MB DDR Graphics card in my PC (2.4 GHZ, 512 MB RAM). some times (on an average once in a day) while working with different applications
desktop screen becomes blur and text and pictures gets multi coloured and oot of colour synchronisation. This problem lasts mostly for a few seconds and gets rectified on its own. But occasionally computer got forced shut down with either of the following messages (one at a time)
" A problem has been tetected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file : nv4_disp. The device driver got struck in an infinite loop. ........ beginning dump of physical memory".
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
"PFN_LIST_CORUPT"
But when restarted computer works fine (of course with occasional blurring of screen). I have referred the problem to Inno Vision and as per their advise upgraded to the latest driver downloaded from their website. I have never faced similar problem when using intigrated grphics of the motehr board (Intel D845GEBV2). I have tried using another graphics cad in my pc, which worked fine. Can any one please help me out ?

DEB MITCHELL Oct 22, 2003, 02:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
suspect it's probably irq sharing causing the problem again on this one... check to see if you have any hardware conflicts in device manager and if your grpahics card is using the same irq as any other devices.....

Anil Panda Oct 23, 2003, 08:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have checked and there is no conflict in device maanger. allotted IRQ is 16 and is shared with USB universal host controller. And as such I have switched OFF all USB devices but the problem continues.

Brendan Falvey Oct 24, 2003, 12:19am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Check the reason for the error message on the microsoft technet site. this will provide some clues if not the reason to enable you to fix it. The ndis sys is one of the underlying networking protocol applications and it is likely that the conflict is software not hardware and will reside in the equipment driver. Check for driver currency and ensure that you have the latest service pack installled often crappy little problems like this are resolved when they "refine" the system files and drivers. Either way check microsoft asnd the equipment provider and esure all are up to date.

Also in safe mode you may be able to log and this may provide some clue as to what is not loading properly

PJ Davis Oct 26, 2003, 07:39pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
ok im getting this problem too. heres what im getting
i just got a BRAND NEW COMPUTER
whenever i turn my computer off. i have to push the power button for like 5 minutes to get it to come back on. whenever its about to come back on it'll start making a clicking sound. whenever i move the mouse and type on the keyboard i get this same clicking sound coming from the computer. sounds like its coming from the power supply if that helps.

whenever i run games, such as Warcraft 3 and Counter-Strike, run internet explorer for so long (only happened once on i.e.) and other things like icq and kazaa my computer would restart. i went to i went to system recovery setttings and turned off automatic restart so i would get the error message. it said DRIVER_IRAL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL at the top on a big blue screen followed by alot of text then some numbers and so on.

whenever i start windows i get this message.
the system has recovered from a serious error

and yes my network card is sharing the irq with my video card

PJ Davis Oct 26, 2003, 07:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
wait i take that back my network and video aren't sharing some irq

(isa) 0 system timer
(isa) 1 standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard
(isa) 3 communications port (com2)
(isa) 4 communications port (com1)
(isa) 6 standard floppy disk controller
(isa) 8 system cmos/real time clock
(isa) 9 microsoft acpi-compliant system
(isa) 10 mpu-401 compaticble midi device
(isa) 13 numeric data processor
(isa) 14 primary ide channel
(pci) 5 sm bus controller
(pci) 16 nvidia geforce fx 5200
(pci) 16 standard universal pci to usb host controller
(pci) 17 c-media ac97 audio device
(pci) 18 realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet nic
(pci) 18 standard universal pci to usb host controller
(pci) 19 standard universal pci to usb host controller
(pci) 23 intel usb 2.0 enhanced host controller

i dont use any usb devices either

Brendan Falvey Oct 26, 2003, 08:28pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Since it is brand new take it back and get in the stores ear. There would seem to be either a hardware fault in the PSU or possibly an inappropriate BIOS setting in respaect of power saving and the turn off times. If it is hardware the PSU could be hiccuping and this would bring down the computer. Either way the store should fixit.
Brendan Falvey

Bryan Tran Oct 26, 2003, 08:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
That's what I did with my dell, they replaced the enitire motherboard, everything is fine now. I think I'm going to renew the warranty it's awesome, me like =)

PJ Davis Oct 27, 2003, 06:47pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i went to the guy that built for the computer for me and he put in a new P.S.U. and it fixed the turning on problem (note to everybody; RaidMax P.S.U.'s are pieces of garbage. he said thats the 2nd one thats done that to him in a week)
and i turner off hyperthreading and it fixed the Driver IRQL Not Equal Or Less error.

Bryan Tran Oct 28, 2003, 11:18am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Oh It's funny because I've had that same problem, but everyone talks about hyperthreading. I've got a Centrino, there is no hyperthreading right? Dell REp (Some Indian Guy) told me that there was a problem with the integrated 64 meg video on the motherboard. HE said if i had went with a 32 it'd probably be okay, I then replied I would have never bought the system which is overpriced to begin with if it wasn't for the video card and the amount of mobility the system still had.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.