Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 952 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 1113.75 kbit/s April 24 - 03:00am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>
Frank Elliott May 16, 2006, 03:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp
One thing that may have contributed to the problem was that (in my previous installation of XP), I had tweaked the Session Manager to give much higher priority than the default. Although I'm not a gamer, I was trying to get gamer performance out of a non-game-hardware equipped PC--and until the crashes, dang it was fast. So another possible lesson to learn here is to keep one's tweaking under control or expect problems. I don't think there's anything wrong with my RAM, except it might be a tad slow for the 400 Mhz front-side bus in my laptop. I have never overclocked (beyond what the factory does) my CPU. Since reinstall, no problems. But it was a nightmare when it was happening. Could've also been the funky software that I downloaded from Broadcom (who btw, refuses to recieve email from end users) to update my wireless NIC; it could've also had something to do with connecting to a default-named wireless access point that had an old NOS in it and kept trying to update my NIC (or worse). Thanks all for the suggestions, esp. Dalby.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
David Medley May 16, 2006, 08:21pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I actually fixed my problem about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It seems every person who has had and fixed this problem has had a diferent solution. I bought a can of compressed air and opened my pc up and cleaned the hell out of it. My cpu fan was only a little dusty, however my heat sink covering the cpu was probably about 75% covered in thick dust ! Since cleaning out all the rubbish inside my machine, it runs 10 degrees lower and has not crashed since.

Thanks for all the help guys ........ perservernace will pay off in the end !

Ashwath Rao May 24, 2006, 12:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi guys.. i am also having the same error...

using a beetel 3 light adsl modem. usb..

hardware specs

865GBF intel chipset
nvidia gforce fx 5200 (256 mb)
512 mb ram..

xp sp2..

i use bitcomet.. it get the blue screen error.. when i switch the bit comet accelerator..
my interrupts are..
gforce at 16
two usb's at 16
but i dont know which one..

can some one help me..

please mail me ur reply..

urs friendly
ash

Mike Phillips May 31, 2006, 05:20pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
On shutdown I get driver irql not less or equal message. I've read this thread and checked the device manager in view rescources by type and can see IRQ 18 is being shared by my graphics card (asus x1900xtx) and by an ali PCI to usb open host controller and a marvel yukon PCI e gigerbit ethernet controller. ( No idea what the latter two components are) .

IRQ 17 is shared by the another USB open host controller and a silicon image sil 3132 SATA link controller.

IRQ 19 is being shared by yet another USB controller and a standard dual channel pci ide controller.

Pesky usb open host conytrollers seem to be getting everywhere.

I've no idea what these devices are. What is clear, however is the graphics card is sharing teh same IRQ with two other devices.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.Is theer anything obvious I should delete.

Thanks for your time.

Dick Hertz Jan 10, 2007, 02:34pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have WinXP/SP2. Had the same problem. The message contained "Stop 0x000000D1" and on bottom it said "Ndis.sys" by the address and one time it happened instead of "Ndis.sys" it said "Rtl_____" with #'s in the blancs. Well i went to this website http://www.vladd44.com/other/irq_error.php and instead of this,>>>1. Right click on the device in the list (see above) and then select properties. 2. Click the Resources tab. 3. Remove the tick from the Use automatic settings option. 4. Select a non-conflicting configuration from the pull down box. 5. Click OK"<<< I Right clicked on my Ethernet card and uninstalled drivers, restarted my system 2X and the default driver reinstalled itself on the second restart. Lemme know if this fix works for others as well.

Katherine Freitas Jan 21, 2007, 08:07pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 21, 2007, 08:13pm EST

BSOD! OK so I go this stop screen and I don't know why. I built my computer from the ground up and I've only come across this problem and.... I don't know whats wrong! I've tried everything I could think of and even looked here on this forum along with others to help solve it and still no solutions.

I've reinstalled drivers, updated drivers, checked to see if windows was up to date, made sure that everything was seated properly, move the ram around, moves wireless card to a different PCI slot, and I keep getting it. I want to make sure that I absolutely can't do anything about it before I replace parts or have it fixed.

I normally get the screen when I load up Guild Wars the game or right after I'm done playing. PLEASE HELP ME.......

I have a Gigabite GA-945P-S3
everything I put on it is
Intel Pentium D Processor 820, 2.80 GHz
1G DDR2 (2 sicks of 512)
PCIe VisionTek Radeon X1300 XGE, 512MB
PCI D-Link RangeBooster

This is the BSOD I get...........
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time... Bla bla bla....

Check to make sure... Bla bla bla...

If this problem continues... Bla bla bla....

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7300BEF)

**** NDIS.SYS - Address f7300BEF Base at F72EA000, Date
Stamp 41107ec3

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to dist: (Then counting up)

William Eckenrode Jan 23, 2007, 10:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> IRQL dirver not less than or equal, windows XP
Just got a new Dell, dimension E520, windows xp operating system, and have been intermittently getting the computer shutting down to a blue DOS-like screen, says driver IRQL not less than or equal...and all the way at the bottom of the screen it has some specific memory address information, says it did a complete physical memory dump. I've had this happen right at startup, the machine shuts down, or after starting internet explorer, or in the middle of a game (Roller Coaster Tycoon 3). I've removed all software that we don't use to avoid conflicts between programs, updated all known hardware divers, still happens - any thoughts?

David Medley Jan 23, 2007, 11:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I fixed this problem on my particular PC ages ago. All i did was stop using Zone Alarm as a firewall. That was the process that was causing all the conflicts with other software. Also, you mention Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, that game is buggy as hell, and has been known to cause many problems on many machines.

kenneth linde Mar 09, 2007, 12:11pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> irql not less or equal
irql not less or equal:

how do i fix this?

this is my hardware:
1x northQgiant reactor (the kilowattmodel don't remember the modelnumber)
1x amd athlon 64 x2 2,2 Ghz
2x geil 1024mb 800 Mhz DDR2 memory chips
1x AMD m2n-E SLI
1x gtx 8800 320mb
1x WD raptor$ 74 GB (sata)
1x spinpoint 500 GB (sata)

it all starts up and boots normally but when trying to install windows i get a bluescreen or a "system freeze" i've tried different cd's different PSU's and just bought a brand new DVD burner today and it still won't work it's all conected as it should be but for som reason it isn't working, any replies would be greatly appreciated

it is not a softwareproblem since i don't have any sftware installed atm...

Christopher Burke Mar 09, 2007, 12:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well, I got it too, and it made me have to buy a new computer because I couldn't get rid of it. But my computer was antique anyway, so it really wasn't a hardship.

It seems to be whenever anything puts too great a strain on the video drivers - they can't take the information fast enough so they crash and bring Windows down with them - not that THAT"s too hard!

I've now got an AMD Sempron board and everything seems to be going fine.

Not a lot of help, just wanted to add my 2 pence worth.

ulrichburke.

PCP777 Mar 09, 2007, 12:42pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah I'm about to scrap this PC and get a new one. Here are the additional steps I took to try to resolve the problem. Although it;s much better now, I expect to see more BSODs....

Swapped my 128 PNY GE FORCE 6200 AGP with an 128 ATI 9800 Pro AGP.....I had read somewhere that Nvidia has conflicts with VIA chipsets.....at first it seemed to be working......anyway what was really strange is that this resulted in getting BSODs with NO TEXT Simply a blank blue screen!!!! Never seen that before.....

Then I decided that maybe it's because my Intel P4 3.2 is getting too hot. Sure enough, when I pulled the stock fan off the thermal paste was all crusty and dried up....So went down to Fry's and bought a HUGE G Power Pro processor fan which pushes up to 68 CFM. So I fire up the machine and it sounds like a P40 War hawk taking off......it's much better now but I'm still having isolated problems....maybe the CPU or the mobo is damaged from the heat...I've pretty much eliminated everything else.......

So since I need PCI express anyway my final solution? Get a new machine and give this one to my GF who doesn't game so she can surf the web and check email.

I'm soooo over this problem PC.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
1022MB RAM
ABIT
300 GB Seagate SATA
NVIDIA GeForce 512 MB 7950 GT
Creative Audigy 2 Gamers Edition
Saitek
Emprex
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack
William Eckenrode Mar 09, 2007, 01:17pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a brand new PC, Dell with dual core 820 processor (2GB) NVidia Geoforce 7300 video card, 1gb RAM....etc etc, windows XP....

I would, at least once every two days, have my PC crash to a blue, DOS-like screen with the "Driver IRQL not less or equal with....." message....

Turns out after searching on microsoft's home page that this is a known flaw with windows XP, but the cause and solution vary from PC to PC depending upon hardware and software being used.

The generalized suggestions that I found were to restore windows to an old setup prior to when I had installed new software or hardware, then install each one by one until I got the error again, then I would know what was causing the issue, could be hardware, could be software.....

The suggestion I found in this forum, which if I remember was what I did to fix mine, was to go into your windows control panel, to the hardware icon, and do a "sort by device type". It then showed me.....something like three different devices that were all using the same....SOMETHING.....for conflict, can't remember, sorry, but anyway I disabled one device I don;t even use and since have not had any crashes.

If you need some help resolving your issue, I'll try to find me notes, let me know.

kenneth linde Mar 11, 2007, 06:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi it's me again, i found the problem (for me atleast ) this is supposed to be a RAM problem if you try relocating your RAM chips to another slot you just might get rid of it... i spent some time checking out the different forums and i found out that almost all of them talk about this as a RAM problem so if that doesn't work feel free to post (ps try using only one ramchip and moving that one around too and do that one at a time untill you find the chip or slot that is causing the BSOD's, i'd check if your slots worked at all because it is entirely possible to fry 2 slots at the same time just as it is possible to destroy 2 chips, some MoBo's stupidly enough also require you to put the ram chips in certain slots for single and pairs

i know i am stating the obvious for most people here but if you're stuck with a faulty computer why not spend 10 min checking it out to make sure it's not a PEBCAC (Problem exists between chair and computer=) we all make those stupid mistakes every now and then and end up bangin our heads in the wall saying how on earth did i forget that one?:P

well just adding my 2 cent (though it's closer to a dollar=) i hope it helped...

Cindy W May 01, 2007, 11:28pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, I've been getting the driver not less or equal message in the blue screen after using bittorrent for 10 minutes. What can I do specifically? I can't downgrade my drivers because my OS is Vista. Please help!

William Eckenrode May 02, 2007, 09:07am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Haven't yet tried windows Vista but had a similar issue with windows XP. There is no one known cause, it is, generally speaking, a conflict between your windows operating system, and either a piece of hardware or software you have installed. Generally reccomended steps are to do a system restore to a point you knew was functioning ok, then add back, one by one, the system changes you made until you determine the one causing the issue, and unfortunately then your only choice is to not install the one program causing the issue. Or it could be hardware realted, try this - go into control panel, swtich to classic view if you aren't already looking at it that way, then select system, pick the hardware tab under system, select device manager, then under view, select resources by type, then pick the IRQ option. This was what the soruce of the conflict was on my PC, if you have more than one device using the same interrupt request (example - if say your mouse and your keyboard both use IRQ PCI 9), then that could be causing the issue. I took the time to select each device one at a time, then right click on each one to update the driver. If that doesn't solve the problem (which it didn't for me), then I had to disable one of the devices that was conflicting with another, that solved the problem.

PCP777 May 02, 2007, 12:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
So with my P4 3.2 MSI Via chipset machine..

So I tried different memory, didn't fix it.
Installed a monster CPU fan, didn't fix it.
Eliminated all additional PCI cards/hardware, didn't fix it.
Reinstalled the XP OS, didn't fix it.

It pretty much has to be the motherboard or CPU....so I finally figured it out....

I found a way to fix it this problem for myself.....

I FINALLY BOUGHT A NEW MACHINE, this time without Pentium or the via chipset!!! It is so great to be able to game again without the freakin BSOD.

Since my wife doesn't game the old BSOD Pentium 4 with the via chipset will be just fine for her.....it only seems to have problems while gaming.

My new rig? Built it for $850....

Manufacturer:
ABIT/NVIDIA 6100
Processor:
Memory:
1022MB RAM DDR800 Corsair
Hard Drive:
300 GB Seagate SATA
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512 MB
Sound Card:
SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio Gamers Edition
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech
Keyboard:
USB Saitek
Mouse:
USB Emprex
Mouse Surface:
Bad ass spongy pad
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

BEST OF ALL NO BSOD, I'M FINALLY RELEASED FROM THIS MISERY

1022MB RAM
ABIT
300 GB Seagate SATA
NVIDIA GeForce 512 MB 7950 GT
Creative Audigy 2 Gamers Edition
Saitek
Emprex
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack
Cindy W May 02, 2007, 08:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 02, 2007, 08:33pm EDT

I looked at my device manager and found these items: see image for specs http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/482026811_f199b935d1_o.jpg

I noticed there were 4 things under PCI 7. I already disabled the other ones that were duplicated, like some nvidia drivers.

What should I do now? The problem still remains.

William Eckenrode May 02, 2007, 09:50pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Unfortunately I do not know, this problem manifests itslef in many different ways, and does noy have one cause or one solution. I disabled one item, and unistalled all software that i don't use, and my problem went away, so not truly sure if it was a software issue or the IRQL conflict; also I have and still use windows XP, you are using Vista I believe, so it might be something different. Try also on Microsoft's page to search for the IRQL driver, and Vista and see if anyone else has had the same problem. To find my solution what I had to do was find someone here in the hardware analysis forum with almost the same configuration of PC, processor, memory, hardware, software, etc, and see how they fixed it, that is your best bet, otherwise I am truly sorry that i can not offer more advice.

Cindy W May 02, 2007, 11:44pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you for your help. I'll try calling some help people (haha, last resort- most of the time, I spend forever on the phone and nothing good comes from it anyway).

Dalby Holly May 03, 2007, 09:02am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Cindy,

Send your minidumps to SpamMe@only-the-truth.com

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.