Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1171 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 15 - 10:34pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>
Ray K Dec 11, 2003, 05:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp
guys we still DONT HAVE A SOLUTION...

someone please post a solution

what USB ports do we disable? im sure its NOT updating the video drivers cuz i did that and it didnt do nuthing to it.

and sometimes i get the IRDQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (not the driver on)

i get 2 random blue screen errors, whats the solution XP experts?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Bryan Tran Dec 11, 2003, 04:46pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I'm getting out of this place, there's no answer it's a waste of time. I just bought a new computer, well exhanged and problem was fixed. go to msconig in run off the start menu disable everything in startup and then try to see what happens to your computer.

Daniel Zhang Dec 11, 2003, 07:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well, I got my problem fixed. It seems that either my AGP vid or my PCI soundblaster live! wasn't playing well with the ram, I fixed the problem by taking the ram out of slot 1 and put it into slot 2, and secure it tightly, never got a crash since.

Tom Roucek Dec 11, 2003, 07:49pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Several people have posted the things that worked for them, maybe you should all try what worked for us! Read all the old posts :)

Tom

Daniel Zhang Dec 11, 2003, 07:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
good point tom, it seems that this problem has multiple causes, A LOT of multiple causes, so you guys'll just have to try out the things that other people did to fix their problems. also, think about your problem for awhile before acting, think back to when your problem started to occur, and isolate possible causes, there are a hell lot of them so be patient, your problems will eventually be solved...

Nicolas Mutis Dec 14, 2003, 06:06pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ok, I finally solved the "driver irql not less or equal with ndis.sys in win xp" problem: I simply changed my USB aDSL modem for one that connects via ethernet. Tada! No more BSODs, no more problems: everything's stable now.

Myron Ens Dec 17, 2003, 03:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Recently(yesterday as a matter of fact) I ran down to my favorite computer store and came home with a half gig(512Mb) of ddr333 and a new FSP 400 watt power supply. On rare occasion I would get BSOD's in the past running XP Pro SP1, but not often, and they usually were related to running programs that conflicted and could be easily identified. This time however, was different. I installed the new power supply, and the new RAM (now at 1.5 Gb) and hit the power. It booted, but barely got into windows before the BSOD appeared with the same IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL error everyone else seems to be getting. After much head scratching, muttering of profanities etc, I finally pulled the new RAM stick out, and tried my original configuration. Everything worked! I proceeded to try various other things after this to eliminate the problem. Installing just the new RAM by itself, it worked fine, so I added another stick, and that worked fine too, and then added the third, back to BSOD. Tried mixing the new stick(figuring it was the problem) with either of my original sticks and it worked just fine. I ended up with formatting the entire system with original configuration except new power supply was installed, installed all drivers(updated versions) and updated windows as well. After all of this was done I was able to install the third stick of RAM and have not had a BSOD since. The various other errors that came with the crash were gone to fast and the system was rebooting before being able to write them down. I do have one shared IRQ, 19, which is shared by my ethernet adapter and my SIS 7001 PCI to USB openhost controller. I would have to say from reading many of these posts that some of you have to many shared IRQ's, although this is not always detrimental to XP running flawlessly. 4 items being shared by one IRQ, however as in one of the earlier posts would probably be to many. If any of you have installed new hardware lately, try removing it, and doing a fresh install of XP(format etc) and then update everything first, then try installing the new hardware and see if the BSOD comes back. Just my thoughts and experiences...hope this helps(trust me I know the frustration!)

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Dec 17, 2003, 03:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
For all those people with that Annoying BSOD, Have u tried upgrading to latest Drivers for the Modem itself, how about latest drivers for everything else, not to mention have u used windows update lately. Suggestion would to get all Critical Updates and then some of the Updates Under Windows. But u know what Install BlasterWorm Patch First http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylan...laylang=en then install SP1 from Windows Update, then considering this MS has new updates after SP1 install those from Windows Update. Also For Annoying BSODs try this site http://www.aumha.org

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Brendan Falvey Dec 21, 2003, 03:48pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Re the USB driver under Win2k you definitely had to install the latest service pack. some usb drivers could not get along once the service pack was installed the problem went away. I believe this service pack was released after early versions of XP and they may have suffered the same problem.
Brendan falvey

JOSHUA DAVID Dec 24, 2003, 12:55pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I recently purchased the Sierra 750 Wireless AirCard and installed the drivers and etc. "Puff!"..and I'm online wirelessly via T-Mobile network with the Aircard Watcher software. However, my Dell Inspiron 1100-2.2GHz-, Windows XP Pro, etc gets me go smooth online for about 7-10 minutes and then, it either hangs or gets me the dreaded "blue screen". I have tried everything like, contacting Microsoft-(they said that it is a prob with the device driver)-supposedly the Sierra card. What's the prob? I dont wanna spend another $349 for the card. God, please do another miracle. It's December 24th-Merry Christmas readers.

There's one coment "Please get a new card".....in which I do not wanna do.

Everything else is fine and I've also tried restarting the notebook countless times after it hangs or blue screens with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.'. I've tried reinserting the card and even re-installing the software. This card is only 2 days old as of 12/24/03.

Anyone else with this prob and any input from anyone? I'll keep trying.

Karel Holfeuer Dec 24, 2003, 01:18pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hello there:

I don't know if you tried this, but download the latest software copy from the link below.

http://www.sierrawireless.ca/SupportDownload/ac750tmobile_notebooks.asp

Also, have a look at the FAQ's....it may help.

Good luck.

Karel

JOSHUA DAVID Dec 28, 2003, 02:35pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dear Karel Houffeur,

Thank you for your awesome suggestion as fast as a lightning.
I clicked the link you provided, downloaded the Sierra Aircard 750 drivers again and "poof!", I was back online. However, I ended up with this thing "frozen" after 7 minutes.I'm still trying to get this fixed.
I am also finding it hard to start my computer after turning it off for 8 huors. I had to start and restart the computer countless times to start windows. I had to remove the card, powercord and press the "on-off" button many times.

I also called T-Mobile help center and they mentioned that I'll be able to get a new replacement card within 14 days of purchase if I encountered any problems with the card and are not able to rectify this by all measures. I am still wondering if we are able to assign IRQ's for Win XP. I am also wondering why, there isn't anyone else with this problem. Thus, I kinda feel strongly that the card has some kind of a flaw. I hope, I get to post this before my windows goes frozen again "right now".

Hey, Hapy New Year and love ya lots'

Karel Holfeuer Dec 30, 2003, 04:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Josh:

Sorry I didn't respond faster, I was sick. Yes, you can assign IRQ in your CMOS. It all depends on what motherboard you are using. Also it depends on how much do you know about CMOS. If this card is giving you so much problems, get rid of it. Have it replaced immediately. I smell something fishy here regarding the support from these people. They should be able to guide you thru the procedure how to install it. If it doesn't work, then the next step is to look at XP. Check if there is no IRQ sharing violation. If everything is OK up to this point, then I would reinstall XP with the card in the slot. I think that your registry is a mess. If it was me, I would not hesitate and reinstall Windows XP. Also, is there any updates to your motherboard CMOS? Dell used to make excellent PC's but I hate their product now. Their customer service is horrifying (from my own personal experience). I will never buy Dell again.
Anyway, video drivers may be a next issue. Make sure your drivers are up to date.
Check this link for future so you don't make the same mistake again bying Dell....

http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.php?threadid=252622

Next, this is Dell support site

http://support.ap.dell.com/ap/en/filelib/index.asp?sid=INS_PNT_CEL_1100

and try to bring your laptop up to date. Just make sure that you read installation notes carefully. As I am running out of ideas, I can tell you one thing. My feeling is that after you reinstall windows with the card in, the problem may go away. Windows XP will probably reassign various IRQ's and your problem may go away. Also, you may try to repair Windows XP. If you want to speak with me personally, I suggest to go to http://www.skype.com, download the program and install it. Then go to "Find Friends" and look for username "kholfeuer" and call me for free. Microphone is required!!! Good luck and let me know if you solved the problem.

Regards,

Karel

PS: Happy New Year 2004

JOSHUA DAVID Jan 02, 2004, 08:30pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey Karell,

I'm sorry about mis-spelling your last name. Happy New Year to you too.

I hated the internet connection right after sending the earlier message, was offline for 4 days to my suprise (hung out in malls and cheering the New Year sayings), got myself to the mall and got another Sierra Wireless Aircard 750 (which was about 2 hours ago). I got this gonig with this frustrating DELL-XP-Pro laptop and I'm online right now.
However, I 'got frozen' twice and I'm running on 'this' before the third 'freeze' comes (pretty much tells me that the Aircard was not the prob).

You may be right about the Windos XP registry mess. I may have to re-install Windows XP with the card in the slot as you mentioned earlier.I do not even wanna think about the Video card or what nots. I have not modified any devices in this notebook. I used this solely for going on the internet.

However, I would keep going for a dozen more times of 'freeze'(if it ever brutally haunts me again),and finally resort to re-installing Windows XP Pro.

Do you know if we can assign IRQ's in XP Professional Ed? Why is Microsoft gets us cracking our heads? Is it true that we can assign IRQ's on previous Windows versions?(Windows is gonig down and more 'sugar-coated' if it were true)
I better not bother you with weird questions like that.

Anyway, thanks a million for your suggestions, will try Dell Support and your other URL lead to see what I can achieve.

Finally, I hope, you get well soon (if that 'human bug' keeps bugging you). May download the software from your website and talk to you soon. You're real good and active in this chat-strings. We need many people like you here in Planet Earth. Later...

Joshua

Karel Holfeuer Jan 02, 2004, 09:29pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Josh:

You are a funny guy....hahaha. Anyway, Dell has a marketing strategy how to lure customers...that is for sure. If you ever buy a laptop, go IBM. They have been in business for long time and they know what they are doing. They produce one of the best laptops in the world. Yes, you ahve to pay extra but it is worth it. Believe me. I build my own computers and my friends, so I know what I am talking about. Try to reinstall XP Pro and I think your problems will go away. It is worth a shot. I could not handle the drama like you do...hehehehe. Reinstall the freaking XP and things should be OK. If not, sell the Dell Laptop and buy yourself an IBM. Very simple. Your problems will go away. Believe me.

Anyway, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at kholfeuer@hotmail.com .

Karel

JOSHUA DAVID Jan 07, 2004, 08:49pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
hi Karel,

To refresh the conversation, let me start again. I did reinstall Win XP Pro with the card in the slot and everything went well until the problem re-occured.

I have noticed the IRQ conflict.
---------------------------------
Via device manager;
IRQ-11-(PCI): Inte; 828-45G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
IRI-11-(PCI): Texas Instruments PCI-1510 CardB:us Controller
IRQ-11-(ISA):Sierra Wireless AirCard GPRS Adapter Parent
IRQ-11-(ISA):Sierra Wireless AirCard GPRS modem
IRQ-11-(ISA): Sierra Wireless GPRS Adapter
---------------------------------

However, I am neither able to change the IRQ's nor rectify this conflict.

Is there any other way to fix this or did I reinstalled Win XP incorrectly? I am positive that the conflict is between the network card and the graphics controller. I've disabled other IRQ11's such as the USB's. I have no options in Device Manager(greyed out), tried updating all drivers to present. It is a Dell Inspiron 1100, 2.2Ghz,Windows XP-Professional,etc purchased on June 2003.(kinda new).

Thanks and anticipate replies. I e-mailed you twice but assume that you've considered it spam or did not receive it. No worries.

Joshua

Peter West Jan 09, 2004, 07:34pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've had this problem on and off with my XP Pro SP1 machine. I also came to the same conclusion that it was my ATI 9800 Pro and my 3 Com NIC that were having problems sharing the same IRQ.

I recently rebuilt my XP machine due to the unkown OS problem that causes the network connections to go bye-bye. Anyway after rebuilding the machine I got the BSOD within 30 seconds of booting.

Not being too phased by the issue I modified my BIOS settings on my AUSU P4C800D to select PNP OS and allow the OS to set the IRQ of devices not required for boot. I did this not expecting to solve anything due to having the same BIOS settings, set for 6 months with BSOD's occuring maybe 3 or 4 times. Well it's been a week now and I have not seen another BSOD. Also my ATI and NIC no longer share the same IRQ.

I have the 3.9 Cat drivers for my ATI and the latest drivers for all other devices on my machine. I have no USB devices and only a 5.1 SB live, CD-RW and DVD player.

ASUS P4C800D
1Gig Corsair PC3200 Dual DDR
2x 80 Gig Maxtor RAID 0 SATA.
SB Live 5.1
Iomega CD-RW
Creative DVD player.

Best regards,

Kyle Dickerson Jan 12, 2004, 05:09pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I just recently started having this problem, it occurs when playing Halo for PC. Strangest thing about it for me is that it started out of the blue, I didn't change any settings or install anything, hardware or software, but my system started rebooting on me while playing.. so I disabled the auto-reboot (brilliant setup MS, you solved your BSOD problem by making the computer reboot automatically....) and I was getting the error this thread is about minus the ndis.sys. I've looked at my IRQ's and almost everything is running on the same IRQ, I can't change it via windows, I've adjusted my BIOS in various ways to allow windows to assign IRQ's and stuff, but everytime my Video, Audio, USB, NIC are all on the same IRQ, I've freed up resources by disabling my Serial and Parallel ports, but I can't get them to seperate. The option for automatic settings is faded out in device manager. Anyone know how I can get control and play with the IRQ's manually? I mean, it just seems irrational to have that many components operating on the same IRQ, they don't show conflicts, but come on.

My Specs:
MB: Soyo KTVA-Pro
HD: Maxtor 30gb
CD/DVD: Compaq DVD-ROM GD-2000
CyberDrv CW078D CD-R/RW
Video: NVidia GeForce FX5600 256mb
Audio: On-board Via Audio
USB: I use one usb connected to a hub w/ 4 devices on it, and the other usb is empty
(my setup is weird and can't reach any cables to the other spot, so they all go to the hub)
RAM: 512 mb PC133 SDRAM

Karel Holfeuer Jan 12, 2004, 06:54pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Kyle:

Try changing your CMOS to default settings. Then check if PnP is enabled. Don't try to assign IRQ's in CMOS because you are asking for trouble. See if it helps and let me know, if you had any success.

Karel

Kyle Dickerson Jan 12, 2004, 09:40pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
By selecting PnP OS installed and preventing my Bios from assigning IRQ's, AND disabling serial and parallel ports from within the BIOS my system appears to working well now. I'm not positive because I had to go to class, but I was able to play Halo for about the same amount of time before it would normally crash, without it actually crashing. I'm going to give it some heavy gametime tonight to make sure it's working right. If I still get the problem then I will set my BIOS to default settings, and if that doesn't work I'll try the Fail-Safe settings. I'll post again when/if I do one of these things, or I'll post again in a few days If I don't have another crash. Perhaps Windows just doesn't appreciate the BIOS handing out IRQ's. We'll See.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.