Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1243 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 15 - 02:58am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Bad week for Mothow 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Chris McNally Apr 15, 2006, 12:16am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Bad week for Mothow
Speaking from personal experience, if the parents are not getting along, it's better for the child that they go their seperate ways. Being raised by two parents who are unhappy with each other does not a happy child make.

Regards,

Chris McNally

Moderator - Hardware Analysis
E-mail: chris@hardwareanalysis.com
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
mothow Apr 15, 2006, 07:47am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have to agree with Chris on that.

But guess what Louanne called last night and wants to come back..lol I told her yeah but we aint sleeping in the same room any more.Well unless the need arise's..lol if you know what i mean.But anyway she went to her grandmother's and her grandmother lives like one of those old pack rats .The place hasnt been cleaned in years mounds of papers all over.The hot water isnt working and there is a 5 inch layer of dust on everything.And her TV is all distorted and yellow.It needs a new tube (well a new tv really) but her grandmother says its fine and she wont let louanne hook up her TV in to the cable with a splitter because she thinks the cable company will find out.So i told her to just come back and we will work on some things and if it dont work out she can go again but atleast she can get her self prepaired for it this time she left with hardly any money so she couldnt even go to a motel for a few days.

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Apr 15, 2006, 09:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
oh boy one of those type of old people

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Willy Jonasty Apr 15, 2006, 09:53am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
That's awesome...Now all you gotta do is find a home for the kitties or leave some flaming poop on the doorstep of the people who turned you in for your cats.

-WIll

eVGA GeForce 7800GT 256MB @ 471/1120
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.2 ghz
2 gigs (2 X 1024gb) OCZ Platinum
eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Motherboard
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
1X WD SATA2 160gb
1x Seagate Barracuda 300gb SATA150
Enermax Liberty 620 Watt PSU
Dublin_Gunner Apr 15, 2006, 10:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well Ian, recincilliation is unfortunately not possible. FOr a number of reasons. Mainly being the fact that she's seeing someone else already, and the fact that I really would not want to be in a relationship with a person like her egain.

I've been trying to get along for my little girls sake, but her mam seems to want to make thing unnecessarily difficult.

Ah well s**t happens I guess.

I'll have a new vid card to cheer myself up, and I just got a nice raise in work too. So alls not that bad!

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Gamerz Apr 15, 2006, 03:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 15, 2006, 03:31pm EDT

Yeah congrats on her moving back.

I'd take a cat off you but I can't for the same reason I don't get things cheap from Newegg, but the shipping would kill me lol ;).

If you can't find a home you could always lie and pretend you have 2 cats - I mean if you gave one to someone near you for when AC come round. I can't think they would take the trouble to do a thorough search.

Gamerz
David Apr 15, 2006, 03:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 15, 2006, 03:45pm EDT

Ive been trying to think of something wise and all inspiring to say for a while now, unfortuneatly my mind doesnt do either....so im just going to quote the McCain chip advert.

"Chin Up"

Life has its ups and downs, im sure you'l see the sunshine again soon.

David.

Have a Nice Day :)
Ian Yeoh Apr 15, 2006, 07:02pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dublin,

I'm sorry for your situation. I wouldn't be cheered by a video card if I were you. I'll trade all of mine anyday if I were in your shoes, but I guess you couldn't even do that.

Incidently, I vehemently disagree with Chris. I hate to be smug, but I believe I am the parent here, and for quite a while I might add.. The rest, if you guys want to be offended, then I'm sorry. Oh well.

Chris McNally Apr 15, 2006, 07:42pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
C'mon Ian-we all know you love to be smug ;)

Personally, I was speaking from the child's point of view, rather than the parent's-having been a child with parents who were unhappy with each other for the first 17 (ish) years of my life, I can tell you that the periods during which my mother moved out to live with her various boyfriends were much happier times for me than the years when I was forced to live though all the arguments and bad atmosphere. I've seen both sides of the coin, and you can trust me when I tell you that a child who has two parents who live apart and get along with each other will be happier than one who lives through daily conflict.

Regards,

Chris McNally

Moderator - Hardware Analysis
E-mail: chris@hardwareanalysis.com
Dan Whitfield Apr 15, 2006, 08:36pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Apr 15, 2006, 08:39pm EDT

Hey,
well , i havnt posted on here for a while. Sorry to hear about all of your guys problems. Im only 16 and I have only one bad - and strange experiance. In 1997 , my grandad who i was always really close to died when we were on holiday. We had just arrived and we got the news. On the way to our hotel , we stopped at a bar with some other English people, we started talking and then he news reporter announced that princess diana had died. On the way back , we heard that mother teresa had also died. Then to end it all, we heard that a family friend had mysteriously passed away. this was a bad time but nothing compared to you guys problems. ( sorry bout that , a bit random but i got nuthn to do at the moment )

thanks,

Dan

( p.s. on the parent thingy , I think that having two conflicting parents which are split can really affect a child, and is best avoided. I see some of my friends stressed and generally unhappy after dealing with their family problems )

leastcmplicated Apr 15, 2006, 11:57pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
well i'll do what these guys cant because it would be really weird

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGGGG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

feel a little better? ;)

BoT Apr 16, 2006, 03:57am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
... when it rain's it poors. i had a few bad days too. i am glad you girl is back but never underestimate a woman's scorn. i hope your mom is doing better too.
to the the situation with the kids - stickin around with an unwanted significant other for the childs sack doesn't work out but that doesn't mean "out sight, out of mind". i seperated from my son's mother and after 6 month of fighting in courts and $4500.- dollars poorer, i got joint custody. not the ideal situation but he is my son just as much as it is her's. that was a couple of years ago. she now realizes that and things go much better. she really tried to give me a hard time in the beginning but she really is hurting herself.
so much for me.

i really hope things work out for you and for everybody else who shared their story. good to know that it's not all hollywood.

bot
p.s.
btw congrats on the new gpu, specs?

You can either be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Codisha - http://www.codisha.com
Reviews - http://www.codisha.com/reviews/reviews.htm
mothow Apr 16, 2006, 11:16am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
leastcmplicated

Can I have another?

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Lou Bot Apr 17, 2006, 09:52am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey Moth I hope the coming days / weeks improve for you buddy as well as your mom's health. I think everyone of us has gone through tough times but the one thing I have learned is to keep your spirits up.
One way or the other, things will be ok. Cheerio Moth :)

MSI K8N NEO4 SLI(MS7100) BIOS3.A
AMD Opteron185 @2.86
2GB PC4000 2.5-3-3-8 2T
2xBFG 7800GTX 256MB (91.31)
2xRaptor74RAID0
Enermax EG651P-VE 24P & CS-718
"Thee BEST chip is a Dorrito Chip
leastcmplicated Apr 17, 2006, 10:27am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Can I have another?

of course :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sean Costello Apr 17, 2006, 10:49am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
"Well unless the need arise's..lol if you know what i mean."

Whats that supposed to mean? :)

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
mothow Apr 17, 2006, 11:27am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Think about it Sean..lol you will figure it out Im sure.But if you dont.PM me.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.