Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1440 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 03:56pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Site Comments /

SONY can rot in hell 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
phil Apr 15, 2007, 07:54pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: SONY can rot in hell
wow.. oct - april thread revival!

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Donmeister Apr 15, 2007, 09:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Phil verhey said:
wow.. oct - april thread revival!

Hilary Gravedoni, you get anywhere with your troubles?

Lol dude, it's been so long ago, she probably forgot that she's a member here.

Specs and components in profile...
Hans Moleman Apr 17, 2007, 01:37am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
These thread revivals are always amusing. Seriously though, Sony is an evil company. Rootkits, exploding batteries, poor warranty, etc. Eventually the general public will realize that they really aren't the trusted brand people think they are.

As for the extended warranties mentioned, remember this. Sales Associates are NOT your friend. ESPECIALLY at Best Buy. They are typically morons just trying to make a sale. Many stores give a commission on those extended warranties so they push them like crazy. At Best Buy they are more than happy to lie to get you to buy one. If you are going to shell out cash for an extended warranty, read every word on that contract before you buy it. If you pay for something without reading the contract, you really are setting yourself up for dissapointment. Accidental coverage is usually so expensive that it's barely worth paying for.

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
ABit AN8 Ultra nForce4 Ultra Chipset
MSI 9800GT OC 512MB
CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1 GB) DDR 400
Antec 500W PSU
Bitmap Apr 17, 2007, 02:17am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I screwed Circuit City out of $100 by aiding costumers in selecting a Wacom tablet+pen package. The larger model was $100 more than the smaller model, but the drawing space increase wasn't significant enough to constitute that, not to mention that I own the smaller one from a year before. $100 isn't much, but I'm proud that I could prevent potential revenue to Circuit City. :)

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
4 3 Apr 17, 2007, 12:55pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
No I did not forget since I get an email everytime I get a reply, Don't worry I've been reading what everyone has to say. I said "junk the sony" and got a nice HP Pavilion for half the price...no problems!...yet that is.

:/
Oh guess what. My Sony Cybershot camera's flash doesn't work very well. Wonder why...(because it''s s-o-n-y)

TamTheBam Dec 16, 2008, 05:12am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

*BUMP*

I'd a nasty experience with a sony product earlier this morning. So i thought I'd bump this
thread! I already hated sony and their monopoly. But my run in with this gadget at work
this morning really blew my top off!

HATE YOU!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Plug & Play Dec 18, 2008, 08:19am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Ahhhh, Tam that is why you no get a PS3......LMFAO!!!!!

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Rolebama Dec 19, 2008, 04:33pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My grandson has broken three PSPs in as many months through the poor build quality of the 'joystick'. Definitely would never recommend Sony to anyone. Also agree that it is the pits trying to find anyone outside Sony to do repairs on them. Apparently this is because they use so many 'non-standard' parts of their own manufacture.

TamTheBam Dec 19, 2008, 05:33pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Plug & Play said:

Ahhhh, Tam that is why you no get a PS3......LMFAO!!!!!

Haha! PMSL!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
muhad afzal Jul 14, 2009, 01:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

muhad afzal Jul 14, 2009, 01:25pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

I tell you. Sony is finished basically. They are just selling their name. they are so busy making latest gear that they are not putting no effort in their new products. The customer service appalling, you ring them and as soon as you start “ I bought you product last …….. they will either put the phone down. If you are really lucky, you will be given premium lines where you will have to pay £2 a minute and waiting que will be atleast 15 minutes.
I bought a TV. Brock down after 13 months. Home theatre 14 months telephone 12 month, music palyer 16months.

I am avoiding sony now. Don’t want to waste my money any more.
SONY ROT IN HELL

Liquid Shadow Jul 14, 2009, 01:53pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks for reviving an old thread. And no I don't think Sony is finished at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ADK 1Q AR Laptop
Core i5 520M | 4GB RAM | ATI HD4570
Cynthia Short Mar 01, 2010, 12:56pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W210. I bought the camera in late July, 2009. It worked fine and then the next time I turned it on, no screen and the picture comes up black. I sent it in for warranty. They told me it had physical damage and dents and that they will not honor the warranty. This camera was in perfect condition except for the defect in the screen which is a known defect in this camera. I guess before I buy anything again, search for complaints first. I will never buy another Sony product. If anyone has any information I can use to try to get them to honor my warranty, I appreciate it. But it sounds like a lost battle. Which I believe stinks and we should really all get together and create a website or complain on facebook and spread the word. Why let a big Company let their customers be scammed.

angryhippy Mar 01, 2010, 01:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
They are sort of the toyota of home electronics. They came out with a big whoop-dee-do over their OLED TVs in '08. Last year they only sold 2000 units world wide! LOL

Get Hippied out!
http://www.angryhippy.net
Me at work: http://tinyurl.com/3nvncb3
My rig! A Blah blah.With a blah blah! SWEET! http://tinyurl.com/4yujmff
Da Beast! http://tinyurl.com/3sapr2b
i5 3570K 4.6GHz http://snipurl.com/26r3cot
Win7-8 Pro 64bit
john albrich Mar 01, 2010, 05:58pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Cynthia,

You have a lot of company. Sorry to hear about your problem with Sony.
Check out: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/sony.html

Or, just internet search on [sony consumer complaints website]

Oohhh! A new commercial about buying GOLD...it's so purrrrty...gotta go....

Meats_Of_Evil Mar 01, 2010, 06:14pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The only thing that to me Sony excels is in gaming consoles. Everything else "good" must be a very high end component that is overpriced and that the same quality that can be obtained from other brands who usually offer better warranties.

Cynthia sorry to hear that, I have a Cyber-shot DSW-120 that I bought last year when Circuit City was closing in Puerto Rico. I should have went with another Canon Camera that offered slightly better specs and was priced about $10 cheaper but it was of redish pinkish color and as Ignorant as I was I went with my black Sony cybershot instead. I soon started to dislike it when I realized that it was only compatible with "specialized" SD cards. I didn't imagine that Sony would be so obssessed with media storage, I mean Jesus! They have their own version of DVD's which is the DVD - (minus), Their own HD dvd storage, their own mini HD dvd's and their own special SD cards.

If this camera fails on me soon, I'll be damned If I ever buy another Sony product that isn't a gaming console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.