Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1162 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 09:18pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

What is a "power calibration error" when trying to burn cd's? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
gary williamson Sep 14, 2007, 05:11am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Sep 14, 2007, 05:12am EDT

>> Re: What is a "power calibration error" when trying to burn cd's?
Calvin Rodrigues said:
Originally Posted by matt3678
this might be some help to all you guys out there which are having problems with this power calibration error.what i know is that the cd burning engine which comes with xp was developed by adaptec (i might be wrong so please dont hold me to it).so heres what to do and most of your problems hopefully will be solved.this is the easiest way to tell everyone.

1 on desktop click start
2 select control panel
3 click on administrative tools
4 click on services
5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
8 make sure you click APPLY

thats it folks.you should notice that nero starts alot faster aswell

please leave any feedback here just to see if it worked for you or not

I've had to use an old pc recently while my others gone back for repair and i found i got the same problem with my old pc, using this guide enabled me to write DVDs instead of just CDs.

Many thx Calvin

i wonder why ir works though?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
quincy coward Nov 04, 2007, 07:01pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This is a nice site. I had the same problem with calibration errors
Let me give you the run down.I'm using a Hewlett Packard Pavilion 6746c with 256 mb
memory and processor runs about 733 mhz. I bought a new hp lightscribe DVD burner
and it worked fine. Then I downloaded DVD software update and when I installed it
It told me I needed to enable DMA on my computer so I told it to do it.Then my drive wouldn't burn afterwards. I checked the message box that Nero give me after failing to burn and it said "power calibration error". I found this website and Calvin's answer
worked on my computer. I use XP Professional and Nero 7 so if anyone with similar setup has this problem you might give it a try. I suppose it had something to do with enabling the DMA?

Chris McGee Nov 04, 2007, 08:17pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I had this same problem yesterday but unfortunately solved it the hard way :). At the time my PC had 3 hard drives, the dvd burner and 2 fans running from 2 sets of molex connectors (3 per line). Unplugging the fans and giving the dvd burner its own dedicated power line solved it for me.

The solution in the previous posts could have saved me a lot of fiddling around though :).

Harvey Lloyd Nov 04, 2007, 08:45pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks for the info. I have tried this before when using XP and as far as I remember there was no change but as it was some time ago I can't recall. One thing for sure it did no harm.

I have switched to Vista and the problem is solved but with the introduction of many other problems. Whoever said that the change to Vista was without problems has very little ecperience.

Incidently, the service mentoined in your reply does not seem to exist in Vista.

Thanks anyway for your efforts.

arun arun Jul 07, 2008, 06:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I received the same error, and I found a solution to it. I just took out the dvd and cleaned the drive by blowing on it and making sure no dust particles were on the drive and cleaned the cd thoroughly. When I inserted the dvd back in ...It worked "Wooooooooof" ....So clean the drive and then try burning it...
Hope It helps....

GS059 Jul 07, 2008, 10:55am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
amazing what a little dust can do...

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.