Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1104 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s September 29 - 06:44pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Case Modding /

New Build Ground to a Halt!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Jan 19, 2007, 06:23am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: New Build Ground to a Halt!!
ya make sure to run motherboard on a non conductive surface, also id suggest resetting the BIOS via the Reset CMOS Jumper. Read your motherboard manual to find it.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Mario Pontiero Jan 19, 2007, 10:59am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Could this be it!!!!

I set up the barebones motherboard outside the case and on a non conductive surface, just cpu, fan, one mem stick in DIMM B_1 slot and single graphics card in blue slot. Removed the Power Supply from the case and only attached the 2x power cables to the mobo: 12v - 4 pin and 20+4pin main power connector. I cleared the CMOS before switching on the PSU.

The green LED on the mobo lit up but no Video again!

Then I realised the PSU was quiet (no case fans to distract me this time). Both the push and pull fans on the PSU were static. I then disconnected and checked the connectors with a multimeter and got the following readings:

20+4 pin main power connector

pin 14/16 : +2.35v wrt pin 3 (common)
pin 9 : +5v wrt pin 3 (common)

12v 4pin connector

No output at all.

Could it be, after all this time it was a dud PSU??? The green LED on mobo had me convinced this was ok. Is it okay to check the PSU without load in this way or do the fans only come on when it starts to heat up? I'll be so glad if it is the PSU and at the same time, severely peeved off.

Mario Pontiero Jan 19, 2007, 11:05am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Forgot to say,

Even in the original setup with the paired GT 6800's in SLi mode, the green power LED's came on okay on both cards!!! as well as green mobo LED.

Yellow Jan 25, 2007, 06:22pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.