Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 877 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s March 28 - 10:48am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / To Vista or not to Vista, that is the question?

Re: To Vista or not to Vista, that's the question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Feb 10, 2007, 06:07am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Re: To Vista or not to Vista, that's the question?
John Ingram Feb 07, 2007, 06:11 PM
Hardcore gamers are not anywhere near the numbers they used to be. And their not even as hardcore. A PC gamer in 2000 bought 10 games a year, last year it was 6!

Well duh. That's because now they're just pirating the other 4 (plus 35 other games). Why, you ask, can't they afford to legitmately purchase these titles? Because they're up all night gaming!

So I submit that gamers are more hardcore now than ever. :_)

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
John Ingram Feb 10, 2007, 08:20am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 10, 2007, 08:20am EST

Let me guess, MCFly, those same or different gamers back in 2000 were just little angels, and in just 7 years have become devils?! Don't think so! Audio CD's and movies are pirated way more than PC games,. and there sales are up, and in many cases way up! So it's way more than pirating my friend. Sorry to say.

Beavis Khan Feb 10, 2007, 09:30am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
McFly said:
Why, you ask, can't they afford to legitmately purchase these titles? Because they're up all night gaming!

So I submit that gamers are more hardcore now than ever. :_)

If by "hardcore", you mean "leeches on the veins of society", then I'd agree with you wholeheartedly!

____
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

- H.L. Mencken
Alex-E-C-396 Feb 10, 2007, 11:28am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I guess I am an ignorant fool and I do not no anything as you have all noted. I guess I just miss outdated hardware that does not work or something. Long live the Amiga. To bad Commodore went bankrupt. I love how internet message boards hide personal conversion / statement awareness. I also like how I do not stay on the mainstream and I only pay attention to stuff that makes it to me with out paying any attention to anything. I am also glad that I ignorantly do not posses the ability to speak/post appropriatly on these message boards.

Alexander E. Calvo
alex-e-c@sbcglobal.net
Bitmap Feb 10, 2007, 12:46pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
John Ingram said:
Let me guess, MCFly, those same or different gamers back in 2000 were just little angels, and in just 7 years have become devils?! Don't think so!

Why not? Piracy wasn't really an issue in the year 2000, and now with torrents, IRC, newsgroups and warez sites, software piracy is at an all-time high, and the anti-piracy efforts aren't slowing it down one bit. Whether games are pirated most or least isn't a factor. McFly's right. The reason PC game purchases have gone down is because of the rise in piracy.

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
John Ingram Feb 10, 2007, 01:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes, and the record industry said the same when record sales were going UP! Give gamers what they want and sales go up. It's just as easy to pirate casual games, so why are casual game sales so way up? And of course, you can pirate the Sims just as easy as say Oblivion, and yet we have one million Oblivion PC sales and four million Sims sales (excluding add-ons!). And of course that has nothing to do with the Sims running on most home PC's and Oblivion practically running on none is it? It's all about piracy! I think not!

Most people that pirate games don't buy them any way, so very seldom is a sale 'lost', others may pirate the game as a 'demo' and then buy the game anyway. So just like with the record business, piracy is never as big a deal as people make out, and it's an industry way of copping out about quality of product! You might as well say CD single sales are falling so it takes fewer singles to get in the charts and that's all about piracy and nothing to do with manufactured bands, reality TV show that generate a short-lived singer/group, and the general lacklustre we now get in the singles charts all having nothing to do with it!

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.