Yes you can configure the Sky router to work on tiscali. I've done it myself.
What you need to get is the firmware file (1.02.04) and the Recovery utility from this website:
(as the router a Netgear DG834GT)
1) Unzip the Recovery utility files, now you should have a folder called "DG834 Recovery Utility".
2) Into this folder place/download the firmware file "dg834gt_1_02_04.img".
3) Once you have them files ready you plug the router up to your pc via ethernet cable and port
4) Make sure your computers on
5) Don't plug in the power cable into the router but keep it close by
6) In the back of the router there is a little pin hole put a pencil/pen/pin in and hold it down (whilst the router is unpowered and pluged up to the pc)
7) Whilst holding down the reset pin plug the power into the router
8) Your router should be flashing Green, Orange, Green, Orange... (like a police car)
9) This means the router is ready to be flashed.
10) Now go into the Recovery utility you downloaded and launch RmDrv.exe and leave it running in the background
11) Now launch UpgradeWizard.exe
12) In the application choose the Ethernet port that the routers connected to.
13) Select the router and let it flash.
14) Once the flashing is complete you can close RmDrv.exe and UpgradeWizard.exe
15) Now the routers is yours and you can configure it, to do so open your browser and type in: 192.168.0.1 (remember this, as this is the IP you enter to enter your router)
16) You will need a password and username to log in which are by default:
17) Once logged in iyou can configure the router. Select manual configuration and configure the router for tiscali, which would be like so:
Does your Internet Require a login: Yes
Encapsulation : PPPoA (PPP over ATM)
(your tiscali email/username)
Password: xxxx (your tiscali password)
Idle Timeout: 0
Domain Name Server (DNS) Address:
Use These DNS Servers
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Click "apply", and then "test"
Now your basic configuration to the router is complete. Hope this helps!
"Look up for inspiration, down for concentration but donít look side to side for information"